Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Vosteed Racoon in aluminum

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Vosteed Racoon in aluminum
on: January 15, 2024, 01:11:10 AM
One hallmark of any good knife company is the ability to produce limited editions and runs that are unique to the model. Vosteed is one of those companies; they've got more variants than Marvel has Loki. Not long ago, we checked out the White Mountain Knives exclusive Raccoon with a cross-bar lock and frag pattern micarta. This release isn't exclusive to WMK but is limited in number. Today, we're checking out the Raccoon in aluminum.

The Raccoon is probably the most popular model that the company produces, with Nightshade and perhaps the Thunderbird giving it a run for its money. This release features aluminum powder-coated handles that are CNC machined and sport a cross-bar lock. I like the coating; it feels durable and gives some grip along with the geometric milling.

This edition still features a 3.25" blade, but this time it's in Nitro-V instead of 14C28N. I love this blade shape, great for a variety of daily tasks. The high flat grind makes it an incredible slicer and has enough belly to be useful for things like food prep. The blade features a choil; it's not something I often need but nice if I need to choke up.

The Raccoon is one of my favorite Vosteed models; they can't go wrong with offering some variety to the gaze. I like the two-tone PVD on the blade and the powder coat on the handle. It gives some contrast to the black-on-black motif. If you're looking for a good daily performer or maybe another Vosteed to add to the collection, check out the Raccoon in aluminum.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2024, 04:37:35 PM by David Bowen »

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: Vosteed Racoon in aluminum
Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 01:51:47 PM
Where did all the neat pictures go?  I had been looking at them for a while.  Deciding if I wanted to carry a raccoon in my pocket.  Best wishes.  G
 :(

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #2 on: January 16, 2024, 04:39:04 PM
Where did all the neat pictures go?  I had been looking at them for a while.  Deciding if I wanted to carry a raccoon in my pocket.  Best wishes.  G
 :(
Sorry about that, was making some changes to the reviews and cut and pasted and must have lost the links. It's corrected now. I've got 3 Racoons now, and it's one of the best models they make.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2024, 05:10:14 PM
A raccoon in your pocket?  An old friend (and veterinarian) now long gone.  Best wishes.  G
 ;)

PXL_20240116_160418807.jpg
* PXL_20240116_160418807.jpg (Filesize: 107.23 KB)

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #4 on: January 16, 2024, 07:29:37 PM
Tried something different, let me know what you guys think.

https://youtu.be/SilzV2eanik?si=oRQHHIqL9xGh1dqg

us Offline David Bowen

• Multitool Enthusiast
  • Admin Team
  • No Life Club
  • Site Manager
Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 07:32:59 PM

A raccoon in your pocket?  An old friend (and veterinarian) now long gone.  Best wishes.  G
 ;)
  [ Quoting of attachment images from other messages is not allowed ]

Thanks for sharing that memory. A Racoon in the pocket might be better than a Honey Badger.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD