Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rebar tools in a PST

us Offline trichosirius

Rebar tools in a PST
on: January 18, 2024, 02:21:44 PM
In case anyone was wandering if Rebar tools are a direct drop-in option for the PST, well yes they are! Well…erm ..sort of.

The 3d Phillips does fit, and opens and closes smoothly with no play in open or closed position, but as you can see the different lock-up positions between the Rebar and PST gives a crooked open position.

* IMG_4923.jpg (Filesize: 332.14 KB)

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Rebar tools in a PST
Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 05:12:44 PM
Also in reverse, the PST type tools don't completely look open in a Rebar :salute:

Always good to know this stuff :tu: :like: :like:

The 3D Phillips in a PST would definitely be a game changer though because you could use the LM bit adapter more easily and open up the world of 1/4 inch bits :drool:

us Offline trichosirius

Reply #2 on: January 18, 2024, 05:36:39 PM
It’s a shame there isn’t enough material to work with to further shape it to fit the PST.  I think the PST driver is plenty sufficient, but the Rebar Phillips is just a good looking tool. I agree, the bit adapter would be a huge bonus  :tu:

ru Offline madfishcat

Reply #3 on: January 18, 2024, 07:17:56 PM
The scissors from the wave fit perfectly into the pst and rebar, but scissors don’t really need fixation in pst. As for the screwdriver, I think it's a bad idea. There is an option to weld the groove on the rebar screwdriver and grind it again using PST tools as example. In any case, I wish you good luck in making your wish come true :)

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 07:26:55 PM
I tried replace broken scissors on my PST with Wave microbit driver and noticed same problem that it does bend bit too far but on that drive it doesnt matter since i can keep it in right place while screwing.

Just tested that you can use Removable bitdriver with PST and PST2 phillips.

Only Tools Matters

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD