Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Someone be my Obi Wan

Offline deebz

Someone be my Obi Wan
on: January 29, 2024, 10:18:23 PM
I’m still searching but  like most of us multi tool carriers, I’m trying to be prepared.

Whoever makes and mods
—What tools would I need to put the  can opener at the back of a blade (may need thicker blade but will be between 58-91)

— what tools to  put a blade  on edge of a nail file 

—awl onto end of scissors (should just need a hole and a way of  keeping one end open, still and safe)

—In your experience what’s the best fitting 1/4” female to 1/4 hex”  (rather than going the cyber tool route)
and what are you sliding it onto? I’ve seen them slid onto the combo psi of the 58mm and the nail file.

fi Offline Antti Lammi

• No Life Club
  • Only Tools Matters
Re: Someone be my Obi Wan
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2024, 05:26:48 AM
I’m still searching but  like most of us multi tool carriers, I’m trying to be prepared.

Whoever makes and mods
—What tools would I need to put the  can opener at the back of a blade (may need thicker blade but will be between 58-91)

— what tools to  put a blade  on edge of a nail file 

—awl onto end of scissors (should just need a hole and a way of  keeping one end open, still and safe)

—In your experience what’s the best fitting 1/4” female to 1/4 hex”  (rather than going the cyber tool route)
and what are you sliding it onto? I’ve seen them slid onto the combo psi of the 58mm and the nail file.
Best choice for modding blade is dremel. There is 2 ways to to do mod that but i think you want something like on my spork, you could try mod something like on 108mm saw has but on blade and back of it, i just dont know would it work ( i could test it on of my fake SAK blade)

Modding nailfile its handfiling with file, sharprening stone or pivot sharpener. Or mechanical way with Dremel

For scissors i would recommend pole drilling machine (easiest to do) but need to drill slowly without letting scissor blade heat otherwise you ruin heat treatment.

Best route for adapter would be LM Removable Bitdriver, it fits to like classic sd file and many other places.

Only Tools Matters

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD