Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Where the buy old knives in the UK

gb Online chip

• No Life Club
Where the buy old knives in the UK
on: February 17, 2024, 11:56:30 PM
I have never really been interested in traditional pocket knives, and until now stuck to modern folders with medium to high end stainless steel.

But a couple of months ago  i stumbled across a YouTube channel called the knife doctor featuring a gentleman who buys old traditional and some more modern pocket knives that need a lot of TLC and minor repairs and cleans and fixes them up.

Watching his channel has really opened my eyes to old “grandpa” traditional folders and as such I have bought a case medium stockman with a small copperlock on the way.

But I would really enjoy doing similar to what he does for a hobby as I already have all the tools I need to do so.

Problem being he being in the states has the luxury of being able to buy old knives from eBay for a few bucks and also plenty of flea markets and pawn shops with a wealth of old knives.

Being based in the uk I am not so blessed and any searches for second hand knife retailers only bring up shiny second hand knives in tip top condition for top dollar..

Anyone here in the uk know of the best place where I can pick up old knives in need of a lot of TLC (rusty, dirty, broken tips) for not a lot of money.

Also check out the knife doctor on YouTube,
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Where the buy old knives in the UK
Reply #1 on: February 18, 2024, 12:41:50 AM
I may have a few old knives in need of some love that I'd be happy to send along.

I have a lot of respect for old knives and I'd love to see someone giving them the attention and care they deserve.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gb Online chip

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 18, 2024, 12:49:33 AM
Hi Def, that would be brilliant, I would be more than happy to pay for them and postage.
If you pm me your details i will make the necessary arrangements.

Thank you
My trouble is i never show initiative, but that's only because no one has told me to.

gb Online chip

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2024, 07:22:19 PM
Yesterday I traveled to one antiques shop and one collectibles shop in my search for old knives.

The first a supposed antiques shop did not contain any antiques, just modern retro furniture.

The second a supposed collectibles shop contained what would barely pass muster at a jumble sale (I believe what you would call a rummage sale in the states).

So struck out at both.
My next target is a shop owned by a gentleman who does house clearance’s which I will hopefully check next week.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%