Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

off brand multi carry

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Re: off brand multi carry
Reply #30 on: March 09, 2024, 01:54:14 PM
I enjoyed following along. Who knew that the humble No Name tool would provide such entertainment and food for thought. For just a dollar, it's hard to say it is not worth it. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts and observations.  :salute:

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #31 on: March 10, 2024, 12:20:28 PM
   Thanks to everyone who followed along and helped make this thread tolerable.  The No Name is back in plain view on my computer table.  Ready to peel an apple if I ever get any more.  I just did the change to the new daylight time settings this morning.  Dropped the last working clock in the house.  We will see if it has been ruined for good.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #32 on: March 10, 2024, 06:37:27 PM
Thanks for the fun ride along, Gary.
While DT certainly has some useful items I still don't believe that I'll ever have one in my cart.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #33 on: March 10, 2024, 07:06:43 PM
   I actually started out to do a 15 day carry of an off brand multi tool and use a Swiss+Tech model.  I wondered if Swiss+Tech could be considered an off brand?  I might just do it after all.  Depends on how bored I get and whether or not the weather improves enough to work outside more.  I had more than a dollar's worth of fun from this exercise.   
   Thanks to the administrator who pasted the new badge on my rack.  What do you think?  Is Swiss+Tech an off brand?  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff: 

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #34 on: March 10, 2024, 07:11:31 PM
   I had planned on posting a photo of the critters feasting on the noodles, but I had camera problems.  I will see if I can remedy that.  I went out in the black dark to fetch the camera.  Singing "Don't bite me possums" to the tune of "Duke of Earl". 
    A note about cans.  I have read comments from members who live somewhere other than the continental US.  They say that there are almost no cans that aren't pull top.  No need for a can opener at all.  I would say that 70% or better of the cans in the stores where I shop don't have pull tops.  Might be different where you live.
    Some may wonder why I wasted money buying this cheapo knife.  I certainly didn't need it.  I have good knives.  I bought it to play with a little.  Of course, I could have bought a pack of shortbread cookies.  Those wouldn't have lasted long. 
    I think I will wrap up this series of reports tomorrow and see if I can get a 7 day badge out of it.  There are still a couple of tools left and the blade to worry with.  Best wishes.  G
 :think:

Badge awarded  :salute:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: March 10, 2024, 07:21:53 PM
  Thank you.  What do you think, Surge?  Is Swiss+Tech an off-brand?  I might post some fur-bearing night visitors yet.  My camera was down for a while, but I think I have it fixed now.  Best wishes.  G
 :hatsoff:

au Offline ReamerPunch

• Thread Killer 2017
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Born to multitask.
Reply #36 on: March 11, 2024, 05:31:33 AM
Off-brand means not LM, Vic, Wenger, SOG, Gerber. J hot my Off-brand badge with a Roxon. :cheers:

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #37 on: March 11, 2024, 05:54:01 AM
Off-brand means not LM, Vic, Wenger, SOG, Gerber. J hot my Off-brand badge with a Roxon. :cheers:

What about Imperial, Colonial, and Imperial Schrade Co (ISC).  Asking for a friend.  :D
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21