Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Zip Tie user badge

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Zip Tie user badge
on: March 06, 2024, 06:42:51 PM
Thread started to pick up zip-tie badge.  I wanted add a Topeak bike bag to the rack on my wife’s bike.  Topeak sells this mount for universally  attaching to an existing rack.  I did not want to. buy a new complete Topeak rack.  I also did not want to drill holes in the existing rack or the Topeak adapter.  So, zip-ties to the rescue. One each side in the front, and one thru the rear Topeak holes.  Been in place for about 50 miles with no issues.  I do keep a couple replacement ties in the bag, just in case.

Thanks for looking

IMG_3453.jpg
* IMG_3453.jpg (Filesize: 232.88 KB)

Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: Zip Tie user badge
Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 07:21:41 PM
   I had to look up the bike thing.  Seems like I have to do that every day or two here.  Next, I think you should look into doing a hobo knife challenge.  With a pizza, of course.  Best wishes.  G
 :popcorn:

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 08:23:55 PM
Badge approved  :tu:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline Jeffjeeptj

Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 01:15:52 AM
Gary - Nice suggestion, but, I don’t own a hobo knife.  I have sort of spent my allowance on knives recently.  Have to live with what I have.  I will readily agree that the correct number of knives is one more than I have at the moment.
Pizza is a health food is it not?  My goal is to lower cholesterol without statins.  I have gotten totally off blood pressure medicine by changing the foods we eat.
Most coincidences are carefully planned.

us Online IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: March 07, 2024, 02:13:23 AM
Good on you, Jeff.  I'm proud to hear you are able to get off some meds.  I don't think hobos ate pizza to begin with.  A real hobo knife was probably a sharpened table knife or an ice pick.  Best wishes.  G
 :D

us Offline ToolJoe

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 09, 2024, 10:13:27 PM
I've used numerous zipties in the past to keep handlebar bags fastened on my bike handlebars in addition to using the factory straps.
I knew my wife was a keeper when she transitioned from calling it a knife thingy to a multi-tool.

I might be crazy but it's kept me from going insane- Waylon Jennings

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD