Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Are there any Victorinox sites out there in the UK to sell the knives?

Offline Every_Cloud

My husband passed away, he had a huge collection of knives, all types of brands, Microtechs, Spyderco, Benchmades, Chris Reeves, Tuftie Knives, Serge Panchenco, Curtiss, Leatherman, Boker, Case, Buck and of course Victorinox and a couple of Wenger knives.

I have sold all but one of the Microtechs, I kept one that is special. I have just started going through the Victorinox but unfortunately most of them would not make it worth my while to send to the USA as shipping costs are approx £21 (it would mean having to sell a bundle to cover shipping costs).

Can anyone help and recommend places where i can sell the Victorinox Knives in the UK please to help me cut down on the shipping costs.   

Thank you so much
Jan

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Some of our UK members would be better equipped to answer this than I am, and hopefully they’ll be along.  However, your options may be limited.

My understanding is that, among other challenges:

- Knives can’t be sold on the UK ebay site.

- Effective April 22, 2024, knives and other bladed items won’t be allowed to be sent via Royal Mail.

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Hello - Thanks for your post and - So sorry to hear about your loss

We have buy sell pages here at MTo
https://forum.multitool.org/index.php/board,7.0.html

So you could  try listing them here

YOU could also try come of the Facebook sites - Eg Victorinox Scotland 

gb Offline Little Tinker

That's a useful tip on the Facebook pages.

I PMed OP about EdgeMatters, but am unsure how welcome "simple" Victorinox and Wenger knives are there compared to the high-end custom types.  And it has a history that appears unwelcoming - but that may indeed now be history.

I've hesitated on posting my "leftover" recent-ish Camper, Spartan, etc on the MTO selling pages in case they appear as mundane clutter in the cross-forum market.  May give it a go now...

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Hi LT,

I really would not worry about posting 'low-end' SAKs that you have for sale here at MTo.
I am sure you will describe the SAK very clearly

At MTo we are a friendly, warm, respectful bunch not inclined to be rude, insult and criticise people - as is common on other Internet sites!!

So go for it!!   :tu: :tu: :tu:

PS. While I am talking to you -
It's great to see you back at MTo - And we are forever grateful for that amazing work you did on tool to model references in the Wiki
- We have made quite a few minor/formatting updates to that content as we incorporated it into various other pages.   :tu:    :salute:    :hatsoff:

england Offline thamesides

You could try Shpock ,have bought a few off of there.
As others have said Facebook market place also gumtree

gb Offline Little Tinker

You could try Shpock ,have bought a few off of there.
As others have said Facebook market place also gumtree

Although I think I've seen a few sneak through on Gumtree the Prohibited items bit says...
Weapons and knives

Knives of all kinds including chef and kitchen knives. Note: Cutlery/butter knives are allowed

Also seen a few on eBay.co.uk where sellers call them a "Swiss multitool".

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%