Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any boxing fans in the house?

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Any boxing fans in the house?
on: March 12, 2024, 10:08:56 PM
If so, maybe you want to avoid the upcoming Netflix spectacle between 57 year old Iron Mike Tyson and Jake Paul, who is a mere 31 years younger.

Okay, if George Foreman can do it, why not Iron Mike?  After all, he was arguably a much more powerful fighter than George the First, and he's still in great shape judging by how he looks on the celebrity roast circuit and the Hangover movies.

Well, apparently the folks at Netflix thought that the retired Mike Tyson might still be too much for Jake Paul to handle, so they have tried to even it out a bit.

Allegedly.....

Rule #1- Jake Paul is allowed to use performance enhancing drugs.
Rule #2- Both boxers will wear 14 ounce gloves, and Paul will also wear headgear.
Rule #3- Jake Paul will be allowed to "tag in" his brother when/if he needs a break.

I mean, it makes sense as Mike has disappointed many audiences in the past with lightning knockouts making for very little entertainment, such as the Tyson/Spinks fight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HuaFIRD7_5Y&pp=ygUZbWlrZSB0eXNvbiB2cyBsZW9uIHNwaW5rcw%3D%3D

I remember that one like it was yesterday, even though it was 36 years ago.  If you needed a quick bathroom break, you probably missed it.   :facepalm:

Anyways, despite the severe handicaps, it looks like Vegas odds makers are still giving Tyson the edge in this fight.

All of this has got to be pretty embarrassing for Jake Paul, especially if (when) he STILL loses after all of that.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Re: Any boxing fans in the house?
Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 10:23:45 PM
My $0.02 - If Tyson still has even half of the punching power he had in his prime, Paul is in serious trouble.

fi Offline old Lefty

• No Life Club
  • Brick Bradford of multitool universe
Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 06:32:20 AM
I still believe that only Rocky Balboa could stop prime Tyson. Hence, the youtuber will go down if any real boxing rules are adhered to

Lähetetty minun SM-T515 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

by this axe I rule

se Offline RF52

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 09:44:56 PM
Have read that Tyson has had some health issues the last few years so that may affect the "fight", but considering the speed and power he had in his younger years I think he will knock the block off Paul.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2024, 10:13:57 AM
If I were a betting man, I'd put it all on Tyson.

The thing is, how much of that is nostalgia?

Tyson was an animal, but now he's an old animal, likely feeling the effects of the things he did when he was younger, as we all do.

Recent and significant health problems (like having been hospitalized for sciatica issues) may seriously affect him- especially if his back decides to recur around the time of the fight.  I don't know if any of you have experienced sciatica pain, but I have, and I'll tell you, I wouldn't be dancing around the ring with that going on!   :ahhh

Paul is young, in his prime, will have pads and whatever steroids he can get a hold of, backup to let him rest of need be, trained at a Mike Tyson training camp, has had ample time to study Tyson and, probably never saw him fight live.

I honestly believe that much of Tyson's success was due to intimidation.  You knew he had a hell of a right hand, you saw it in his last fight a few months ago and you were scared of it.

This kind of thing just isn't as impressive when you see it in archival footage.

I'm still thinking Tyson is taking this, but probably not by nearly as much as we think he will.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%