Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pocket Dump- Signing The Mortgage Carry!

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Pocket Dump- Signing The Mortgage Carry!
on: March 26, 2024, 01:04:48 AM
My wife and I signed away our souls to the bank our mortgage today! I figured that's as good an excuse as any to do a pocket dump...

Clockwise:

Kaweco Brass Sport: Can't sign important papers with whatever lame ballpoint the nortary gives you! Like this pen a lot since (besides a bit of the nib, which is replacable) it's all metal. I've had several "metal" pens over the years that had a fair amount of plastic on them, and they always fail at the plastic. This thing's pretty much indestructible, and slowly developing a lovely patina.

Opinel No 7: For this month's challenge. I think I opened something with it today. Packing and unpacking kind of blends together... I like Opinels as a backup knife when I'm doing a challenge with a larger tool, so it'll probably hang around. Got a clip for it, but haven't put it on yet, also thinking about trying one of those screw on thumb studs.

Leatherman Rebar: Warming up for the challenge next month. Put in a bit of work today, and loads more coming. I'm liking it so far, not much different from a PST with some extra tools.

Viperade VE11: I like that this has a notebook pocket on the inside. Normally the Kaweco lives here with cash, cards, and the Wallet Ninja, magnifier, and Pocket Wrench II (which help provide a firmer back for the notebook.)

Keys: Civvi pry, since most of the other pocket prybars I've tried have been too big or pointy. Victorinox Executive, the best keychain SAK. Olight 3E EOS, just the right size for the keychain and throws plenty of light. All hanging from the Nightize Big Foot. I probably carry more than I need to on my keychain, but it's a lot easier with this.

Handkerchief

And (background) a tie die bandana my wife got me. I usually use the hank for blowing my nose, and a bandana for drying my hands, a backup napkin, etc. so I don't rub snot on myself. Probably use it as a pseudo-oven mitt when I pull hot food out of the microwave at work more than anything.

Tagging IMR, AzteCypher, and nate j, but anyone else who wants to get in on the action is welcome! I'm sure I'll be nagging you all for advice on the house for the foreseeable future.

* dump.jpg (Filesize: 398.27 KB)

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Re: Pocket Dump- Signing The Mortgage Carry!
Reply #1 on: March 26, 2024, 01:08:24 AM
   Didn't go anywhere, so I didn't carry keys.  Nice photo, Bob.  Hope you enjoy your new digs.  Best wishes.  G

pocket dump.jpg
* pocket dump.jpg (Filesize: 159.69 KB)

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: March 26, 2024, 01:14:09 AM
Oooh, look at that reflection and perspective on the Opinel. Very artsy. Been enjoying your Swiss+Tech posts.

us Offline IMR4198

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: March 26, 2024, 01:22:39 AM
  I am about ready to wind up the Swiss+Tech series.  Thanks for following along.  Two more days hopefully.  I'm loving that Opinel.  Best wishes.  Gary
 :cheers:

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #4 on: March 26, 2024, 04:03:14 AM
Congrats on the house!  Now you get to setup a shop and everything.  :cheers:

This was my pocket dump for the evening as I was working out in the yard after work, hence why my glasses microfiber is looking a little dingy.

Olight Baton 3 on top of handkerchief and right above my glasses microfiber.  Next to that is my folding readers and my trusty wallet.  I've had that thing for nigh on 12yrs I think.  Beneath that is my Marlboro Outdoorsman.  Beneath that is my Pilot Prera fountain pen (really like fountain pens).  Beneath that is my Orbitkey key organizer and some doohickies hanging off the end.

May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Offline Enginears

Reply #5 on: March 26, 2024, 07:18:24 PM
Congrats on the house!   :cheers:

00 Offline Grand_Banana

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: March 27, 2024, 12:27:06 AM
Wow congrats on the new home BPR! That’s really saying something too in the current market. We’re house hunting and have been outbid several times… really glad you found something.

And a good set of tools for signing

us Offline AzteCypher

Reply #7 on: March 27, 2024, 12:42:33 AM
We moved from Dallas, TX to Austin, TX at the end of 2020.  We got outbid by 3 all cash offers when we were looking in the Austin area.  Our budget was $375K which I thought was a good enough but I was wrong.  We were bidding against people who had sold their home in Cali.  We finally got lucky and ended up in a town called Liberty Hill that's 20min West of Georgetown.  Everybody thought we were moving too far out but it was exactly what we were looking for and we weren't bidding against anyone from Cali.  Problem is now the surrounding large cities are encroaching around us and now we're "growing".  I want my small town feel back. 
May the best of your past, be the worst of your future.

Click here for cool free stuff from the Surpise Box GAW!

🏆 🚂 Train Fixer Award
-for most trains repaired using classic

us Offline BPRoberts

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: March 27, 2024, 01:28:18 AM
We got lucky on a weird property (and, I suspect, a family that wanted to sell fast due to divorce). No other offers, and it sat on the market long enough for them to knock 15 grand off.  It's an old church, converted into 3 apartments, then into 1 house and 1 apartment. Who in their right mind wants a 150+ year old building that isn't "exactly" a house and has an apartment? You have to find a tenant, but you're not going to be rolling in dough on a converted 2 bedroom in a small town. The answer was us, because it's beautiful, and we want to move my FIL in as the tenant, so no worries about skipping on rent, wild college students, etc.

Well, maybe some wild college students, if he get's lucky. But they'll be his responsibility.

us Offline nate j

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: March 27, 2024, 02:05:10 AM
Congratulations on the house!

Here’s my pocket dump for today:

Bandanna - Handkerchief, pot holder, dust mask, sweat rag, sweat band, the list goes on…

Nitecore MH10S - I get enough use out of it to justify carrying more than just a keychain light.  I’m also pretty set to work at night or go camping without really changing my basic pocket carry.

Opinel No. 10 - My current challenge knife; I’ll swap this out depending on mood, challenges, anticipated activities for the day, etc.

Bic Lighters - Why three?  Well, if two is one and one is none, then three is two, right?  I use them frequently for cigars, candles, campfires…I’d be annoyed at best if I didn’t have a flame source on me.  I also have a habit of giving them away, or loaning and not getting back.  Not a big deal at like $1 each, but inconvenient if it was my only one.

The PWII and Alox Bantam ride in my wallet.

I like to have a OHO knife on me, whatever else I’m carrying.  I have a number that I rotate through; today it was the ZT 0452CF.

Wet Ones singles, Fisher Bullet, sliver grippers, Fox 40 whistle, Tick Key, SG Rambler, Black Diamond Miniwire carabiner

* IMG_2276.jpg (Filesize: 220.64 KB)

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: March 27, 2024, 04:37:23 AM
We got lucky on a weird property (and, I suspect, a family that wanted to sell fast due to divorce). No other offers, and it sat on the market long enough for them to knock 15 grand off.  It's an old church, converted into 3 apartments, then into 1 house and 1 apartment. Who in their right mind wants a 150+ year old building that isn't "exactly" a house and has an apartment? You have to find a tenant, but you're not going to be rolling in dough on a converted 2 bedroom in a small town. The answer was us, because it's beautiful, and we want to move my FIL in as the tenant, so no worries about skipping on rent, wild college students, etc.

Well, maybe some wild college students, if he get's lucky. But they'll be his responsibility.

Congrats, that sounds perfect !

gb Offline SurgeUk

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 27, 2024, 04:13:29 PM

Congratulations on the house and badge awarded  :salute:
They don't like it up 'em!

us Offline ThundahBeagle

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 03, 2024, 03:12:36 AM
Congratulations on the new home!

We just bought one almost a year ago after two years searching and waiting for either the bottom to fall out or at least for the market to stabilize.

Worst time to buy, ever.  However, we really wanted to quit renting.

Best wishes.

Oh, and I done think I've purchased a Leatherman in years.  There!  I said it!

Although I have about a dozen Leatherman tools, my eyes are still peeled for that OG Wave.  And I wouldnt mind a nice Skeletool or Signal.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%