Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox blade replacement 91mm no need for profiling?

Offline Tom Conte

• New User
Hi,
I'm new here and just getting into this hobby.  I've collected multitools for a while, but just recently got the SAK mod bug.

I've seen some spydernox mods that require reprofiling the blade and this makes me want to barf each time I see them.

My question: does anyone know of a blade that does not need reprofiling or a new spring to replace the main blade on a 91mm SAK?  By no reprofiling, I do not mean leave the pivot, etc, alone. I mean no messing with the blade itself.

Thanks so much.
Best,
Tom

wales Offline magentus

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • mmmmm SAKrelicious
Re: Victorinox blade replacement 91mm no need for profiling?
Reply #1 on: May 15, 2024, 09:06:54 PM
Hi Tom, and welcome to Mto.

Have you checked out Fit To Survive on Youtube? He uses a lot of Spyderco Dragonfly blades in his SAK mods and they don't seem to be reprofiled in any way
'Use the force Harry' - Gandalf

Offline Tom Conte

• New User
Re: Victorinox blade replacement 91mm no need for profiling?
Reply #2 on: May 15, 2024, 09:11:38 PM
Hi Tom, and welcome to Mto.

Have you checked out Fit To Survive on Youtube? He uses a lot of Spyderco Dragonfly blades in his SAK mods and they don't seem to be reprofiled in any way

Thanks. Yes, Cody of F2S and I have been in contact. He has a specially made spring for Dragonfly blades that he sold me (his last one of). I'll try that. But I also would love to be able to put a single-handed blade in combination with the Compact's combo bottle/can opener tool.

I suppose like so many others I've read about, I'm starting with trying to mod a Compact to be The Perfect (for me) Tool.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $10.00
PayPal Fees: $0.67
Net Balance: $9.33
Below Goal: $290.67
Site Currency: USD
 3%