Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

ONTARIO RAT 1 PLAIN SATIN BLADE LINERLOCK KNIFE

Offline billings

ONTARIO RAT 1 PLAIN SATIN BLADE LINERLOCK KNIFE
on: February 13, 2009, 06:25:16 AM
SOLD

hi guys, this is a hard to find satin finish, plain edge Ontario RAT-1 folder which i unfortunately have to sell because i need the £.

brand new in factory box, never used.

the aus 8 blade is super sharp from the factory

these aren't my pics, i found them online but i can take some pics of the actual knife if you like, it's just the same as the pictures here.

£40

« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 06:30:10 PM by Micky d »

Offline billings

Re: ONTARIO RAT 1 PLAIN SATIN BLADE LINERLOCK KNIFE
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 10:52:54 PM
price reduced to £35

Offline billings

Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 03:13:40 AM
last chance on this knife guys

us Offline Splat

Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:52:06 AM
I'd take it off your hands if you were in N. America, mate. BTW, how do/did you like that elevated blade? It's rather high compared to the handle. I guess that would be a positive blade angle?
Splat

Offline billings

Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 06:36:42 AM
I'd take it off your hands if you were in N. America, mate. BTW, how do/did you like that elevated blade? It's rather high compared to the handle. I guess that would be a positive blade angle?

sorry splat, don't know quite what you mean by elevated blade, if you mean the jimped thumb ramp, i like it

in fact i don't think i've ever seen a blade shape i liked more than this one, the full flat grind is excellent imo. i love this blade, sorry to see it go without even taking it out of the box really but needs must...

us Offline Splat

Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 07:12:10 PM
I mean how the blade seems to be slightly above the handle. Lemme see if I can explain it better...  Following the line of the top of the handle to the blade the blade is higher. Whereas if you look at a Boker Trance the blade is slightly below the handle, hence your hand. http://www.boker.de/us/index.php?c=51,2,48&a=01BO590&p=&pp=0  or http://tinyurl.com/bdsnyw   I believe they call that a negative blade angle so I figured the RAT1 has a positive blade angle. But, I could be off about the whole thing.  :D
Splat

Offline billings

Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 08:25:27 AM
right i see what you mean splat, yeah i like it. aesthetically and ergonomically the knife could only be improved by using higher end materials imo (g10 would be nice for the handles for example, with maybe some more texturing for grip. the aus-8 steel for the blade is fine imo), i love the look and feel of the ontario rat 1.

if you're in the u.s. splat you should be able to get a veritable bargain on this knife (http://yourcornerstore.com/ and many other places) compared to what it costs here in the u.k. (and also should be easier to find, in the u.k. you can find satin plain edge rat1's pretty much nowhere)

Offline billings

Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 01:23:15 PM
sold

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87