Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox Executive?

Poncho65 · 298 · 29865

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Re: Victorinox Executive?
Reply #270 on: May 08, 2022, 04:30:59 AM
Well I promised I would post, so here is my Victorinox Executive Plus or my idea of a “74 mm Mini Champ.” I went with a Nightcore NK 5 scalpel holder in lieu of a Spyderco blade. Also added a few Wenger tools I like. Curious what additions or omissions you guys would make.
Pa that's absolutely perfect!!!
Barry

ni-ulster Offline Jud65

Reply #271 on: May 08, 2022, 08:10:58 AM
That mod of Pa’s is amazing! :ahhh

I’ve already posted this one I got recently but it belongs here… A long sought Director…
We take what is offered...
Morituri Nolumus Mori

gb Offline Rizio Il Ghiro

• No Life Club
Reply #272 on: May 08, 2022, 09:16:04 AM
Great work! :like: :like:

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #273 on: May 08, 2022, 04:28:13 PM
Thanks guys. I bought a dozen used 74 mm SAKs off eBay a few weeks ago so I still have enough parts to make a few more mods. Just have not decided what to try next.  :dunno:
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #274 on: May 08, 2022, 06:19:20 PM
Well I promised I would post, so here is my Victorinox Executive Plus or my idea of a “74 mm Mini Champ.” I went with a Nightcore NK 5 scalpel holder in lieu of a Spyderco blade. Also added a few Wenger tools I like. Curious what additions or omissions you guys would make.
I really don't see why Victorinox didn't do something like this in the 74mm line.
That's outstanding.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #275 on: May 08, 2022, 08:02:17 PM
I really don't see why Victorinox didn't do something like this in the 74mm line.
That's outstanding.

+1

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline SteveP

• No Life Club
Reply #276 on: May 09, 2022, 12:38:48 AM
That's great! The addition of the combo tool alone is enough to get me excited!
SAKs:
58mm: Bijou (3), Classic SD (6), Cavalier, Mini Champ Plus (mod), Alox Classic SD, Rambler (3), Companion
65mm: Wenger Esquire
74mm: Executive
84mm: Bantam
85mm: Evolution S557, Serrated Commander, Traveler, Evolution 18
91mm: Champion "c", Swiss Champ (4), Explorer (3), Deluxe Tinker, Climber, Huntsman, Serrated Spartan/Weekender, Explorer Plus, Deluxe Explorer Plus (mod), Outdoorsman Plus, Spartan, Champion "a", Champion Plus, Timekeeper Alarm, Golfer
93mm: Pioneer Alox

00 Offline papercut

• No Life Club
Reply #277 on: May 10, 2022, 03:58:53 AM
Office person here, I have been EDCing an Exec along with an Alox MInichamp for the past few weeks.  Combined, they take up no space, weigh very little, are a bit redundant but they have lots and lots of functionality.  The right tool for the right job. 

A ragged out Wenger Monarch is in my desk, but it is rarely used. 
Lurking with a large collection of sharp knives!

us Offline Barry Rowland

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bon Journee!!
Reply #278 on: May 10, 2022, 06:53:48 PM
If it weren't so much fun playing with the bigger tools, I could get away with the combo you carry 99 percent of the time.  An Alox Minichamp is my true EDC.  It's always on my keychain, paired up with usually an Opinel.  That mod of Pa's is ideal.
Barry

us Offline Explorer

Reply #279 on: May 10, 2022, 07:36:35 PM
Wonderful mod Pa!
 :ahhh  :salute:

us Offline FolderBeholder

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #280 on: May 10, 2022, 07:56:44 PM
Wow!  That is almost my dream 74mm SAK, all I would want is the cut and pick tool in there somewhere.
Rest in peace ColoSwiss, you will always be remembered.

us Offline VICMAN

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #281 on: May 12, 2022, 10:46:24 PM

Very nice! :like: :tu: :tu:

us Offline PitCarver

• No Life Club
  • Average Old Guy.
Reply #282 on: May 13, 2022, 01:04:35 AM
Wow!  That is almost my dream 74mm SAK, all I would want is the cut and pick tool in there somewhere.

Me too.
That cotton pickin blade is pretty useful.
Addicted to sharp pointy things.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #283 on: May 13, 2022, 06:06:02 PM
I don't visit here often cause I don't have an executive anymore.  I am glad I made just to see PA's amazing mod

:hatsoff:
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #284 on: May 14, 2022, 06:20:47 PM
Thanks for all the comments, plan to work another mod soon with Victorinox 91 mm awl & chisel, maybe the Leatherman PS4 file. I thought about the Victorinox 58 mm Orange Peeler/Package Opener/Scraper, but this sees redundant with the 74 mm Orange Peeler. I think the tool has to include the original orange peeler and nail file to be a true executive. Totally open to all of your suggestions. Why I am so fond of this forum. Great ideas from great peeps.
"Every generation has the obligation to free men's minds for a look at new worlds, to look out from a higher plateau than the last generation." Ellison Onizuka

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #285 on: May 20, 2022, 03:15:01 PM
So I bought a lot of 10 of these executives on eBay for $52, broke them down for parts to make my a executive mini champ. Bought a Spyderco Grasshopper with 12c27 blade and initially did not use it because of the way I had to incorporate it into the build. Lurker of this site I work with basically brow beat me into making a Spydernox Executive. So the following pic shows it in the line up of my executive mods to date. First is stock off the shelf executive with wood handles, second is executive plus combo tool, third is executive plus Spyderco blade and combo tool. Minus small pen blade. Last is the executive plus with combo tool, Nightcore NK 5 scalpel holder, Wenger awl and eyeglass screwdriver. Which would you carry? Don’t worry if it’s the stock executive with wood handles. I like it quite a lot. Anyway, I will ease up on the executive posts. Save my last build for a while.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #286 on: May 20, 2022, 10:07:18 PM
Very nice! What's with the switch in the scales?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #287 on: May 20, 2022, 11:09:43 PM
That switch opens and retracts a fisher space pen cartridge. Writes great and last a really long time.

wales Offline GearedForwards

• No Life Club
Reply #288 on: May 20, 2022, 11:21:50 PM
That switch opens and retracts a fisher space pen cartridge. Writes great and last a really long time.

Oh I like that! Where did you get the scales from? Is it the snap off insert?
Check out my Youtube channel  for gear reviews, comparisons, and carry philosophy.

Love belt carry? Consider doing the Batman Challenge!

us Offline cody6268

Reply #289 on: May 21, 2022, 02:02:25 AM
All of them look great!

I currently EDC a Director with the turned stainless scales. My Executive advertises a medical company is artificial hips, and the scales are really worn. I'd love to know where to find those scales, or at least the files to print them (since I now have access to a 3D printer).

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #290 on: May 21, 2022, 02:16:28 AM
All of them look great!

I currently EDC a Director with the turned stainless scales. My Executive advertises a medical company is artificial hips, and the scales are really worn. I'd love to know where to find those scales, or at least the files to print them (since I now have access to a 3D printer).

Look at this seller on Shapeways https://www.shapeways.com/product/YGN8S6SC2/74mm-victorinox-pen-slider?optionId=150820104&li=shops

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #291 on: May 21, 2022, 04:13:17 PM
Oh I like that! Where did you get the scales from? Is it the snap off insert?

Scales are from Shapeways, no affiliation with seller. Pen is a snap off insert from Fisher that is designed to fit thee sizes of pens. The smallest size fits this scale perfectly.  Here is a link to Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001E2YB58?ref_=cm_sw_r_cp_ud_dp_ECVEZN342D9AJG1ZB8F7

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #292 on: May 21, 2022, 05:36:32 PM
How do you open the NK5? I don't see room for a nail nick.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #293 on: May 21, 2022, 08:59:44 PM
How do you open the NK5? I don't see room for a nail nick.

Στάλθηκε από το MAR-LX1A μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Glad you asked. Note in the picture and YouTube video below, the lateral edge right next to the blade. Area I’m pointing with the toothpick. You just use your fingernail in this spot or the toothpick. (See Video Link Below) Also brings up a point about space available with these short tools. The NK5 and combo tool are short so I use the extra space to hold extra magnets. Also use full liner to separate to prevent accidentally being stuck by point on razor blade.

https://youtube.com/shorts/4rum0qaFyOw?feature=share
« Last Edit: May 21, 2022, 09:48:44 PM by pa_strunk »

Offline Pjake

• New User
Reply #294 on: May 22, 2022, 04:49:43 AM
Have had a black Exec for a little over a year now.  It is my secondary everyday usually paired with a GEC #29, #56, or a green Cadet.  Extremely useful....and that file!!! It has achieved permanent status in the watch pocket.  Just ordered another one as a back-up.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #295 on: June 14, 2022, 07:05:04 AM
Love that mod, pa :o :drool: :like: also subscribed to your YouTube  :salute:

Checking way back to page one I realize that I have carried an Executive for the better part of 13 years now :ahhh

I did carry a Ranger and my Master Ranger some a few years ago but the Executive is what I always come back to :woohoo: :like:

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #296 on: June 14, 2022, 04:59:59 PM
Glad you asked. Note in the picture and YouTube video below, the lateral edge right next to the blade. Area I’m pointing with the toothpick. You just use your fingernail in this spot or the toothpick. (See Video Link Below) Also brings up a point about space available with these short tools. The NK5 and combo tool are short so I use the extra space to hold extra magnets. Also use full liner to separate to prevent accidentally being stuck by point on razor blade.

https://youtube.com/shorts/4rum0qaFyOw?feature=share

The snap on that thing is like a bear trap! Great work!

:tu: :salute:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline pa_strunk

• No Life Club
  • MAJ/APA
Reply #297 on: June 16, 2022, 02:18:32 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments (motivation for future endeavors). I have stock piled a few extra executives to work with and will make another in the near future. I do mods for if nothing else “to baffle the utter crap out of future owners”  :think: and “make them wonder, what hell was he thinking when he came up with this.  :dunno:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $355.00
PayPal Fees: $19.99
Net Balance: $335.01
Above Goal: $35.01
Site Currency: USD
112%