Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

How ED is your EDC?

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Re: How ED is your EDC?
Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 03:29:35 AM
Mine says "VUiLighter by Scripto inc." on the metal that is around the wick.

I was familar with them because one of my friends carried one and always sang it's praises. He was right.

I never bought them when I smoked because I used Zippos. As I remember it they were in the $5 to $8 range around 1970. There was a big display of them in the liquor store.

Yeah, back in the day I probably went through half-a-dozen of those Scripto VuLighters.  They were my standard EDC lighter for many years.  When outdoors, I was never without one and they never failed me even in adverse conditions.

Once someone on CPF discovered those used Scriptos on the Web, I knew I had to have one.

Used to cost slightly more than a Zippo, but were worth it.  Seem to recall paying something like 8 to 10 bucks.  After inflation, that'd be like 50 or 60 bucks in today's debased currency.

Since Scripto won't make them anymore, I wish some other manufacturer would make something similar with a valve-actuated fuel feed and a transparent reservoir.

N

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 11:59:03 AM
Got any links or pictures of these lighters?
I'm back!!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #32 on: March 29, 2008, 05:10:08 PM
Got any links or pictures of these lighters?

Here's a couple of links:

http://store.vintagelighters.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=IVLE&Category_Code=S0

http://ephemera-etc.com/scripto.htm

If you insert "scripto vu lighter" into Google there are many, many hits.

The problem we had in finding these lighters was that we couldn't remember the correct manufacturer, much less the correct model.

N

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #33 on: March 29, 2008, 06:17:22 PM
Thanks for the links.  They look pretty interesting.  :)  I like old lighters.
I'm back!!

Offline Hoghead

Reply #34 on: March 30, 2008, 12:39:56 AM
I got mine from Vintage Lighters (the first link). It was as advertised and shipping was fast. I think I paid $50. It was a less desirable version because the picture inside is a advertisement for car tires. It was also new in the box with papers.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #35 on: April 04, 2008, 02:41:07 AM
My edc during work week is a good old trusty LM PST, sebertech M4, and a craftsman folding utility blade knife plus regular stuff like wallet keys etc.

On weekend I carry pst some and usually always have m4 and some kind of knife.

I am going on vacation this week so I may end up with something new for my edc either for work or weekend stuff.

:climber:

Offline E. Danny

• 17 of 500
Reply #36 on: April 04, 2008, 03:45:39 AM
When I work I always have my charge tti and crunch on me. I used to carry a sideclip or kick after work, and on the weekends, a flair or juice xe6.

Now I carry my chrage and crunch at work, after work, its suprising to see me with anything. Ill probably have my super tinker stowed away in my hidden pocket, besides, who knows when ill need a bottle opener!
~

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #37 on: April 04, 2008, 01:06:11 PM
FYI, the LM Skeletool is definately more EDC-able than the Wave with the add-on clip. :drool:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 03:05:18 PM
I used to EDC my PST II, but nowadays I now carry the Xtract. Never mind the pliers, but the screwdrivers are great and very accessible, and it got a big knife!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 06:58:41 AM
I used to EDC my PST II, but nowadays I now carry the Xtract. Never mind the pliers, but the screwdrivers are great and very accessible, and it got a big knife!

Me too.  Well, I don't actually EDC my XTract, but always carry it when working out in the yard.

The screwdrivers are excellent and the big one-hand blade is great for yardwork.  The pliers are OK for lighter duty stuff - have used the pliers to pull twine, turn an adjustment nut on my chainsaw, etc.

N

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #40 on: February 14, 2009, 03:10:05 AM
I EDC the SURGE while on duty and a Charge of some sort when I'm off!
B

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #41 on: February 14, 2009, 03:20:14 AM
At work, I EDC the Cybertool 41.  It's like a modern version of the SwissChamp, swapping in a bit driver for the fish scaler.  It gets used daily.

On the farm (not my day job), I have been EDCing the Skeletool. I'm gonna give the Zilla Jr a go. Gonna start carrying the Guppie with whichever other MT cuz I think the adjustable wrench will be really reliable.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #42 on: February 14, 2009, 04:22:18 AM
My edc during work week is a good old trusty LM PST, sebertech M4, and a craftsman folding utility blade knife plus regular stuff like wallet keys etc.

On weekend I carry pst some and usually always have m4 and some kind of knife.

I am going on vacation this week so I may end up with something new for my edc either for work or weekend stuff.

:climber:

Man has that changed in less than a year :o :D

Now it's a SuperTool, Gerber EAB, Squirt S4, Alox Classic and my Vic Hiker clipped in my coat pocket with the M4 on my keys that stay in my truck and the weekends what ever MT and SAK I find that suits me at the time :D

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #43 on: February 14, 2009, 05:28:33 AM
KF4 with attached mini light...everyday....everyway (work, home, heck I put it in my fleece pajama bottoms pocket)

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #44 on: February 17, 2009, 06:37:07 PM
How ED is my EDC? Where MT`s are concerned it varies alot. I`ve bought alot of dirrerent Mt`s since last September so I rotate through them.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #45 on: February 17, 2009, 06:40:45 PM
I do have a couple of basics; a Rambler and my Fenix L0D.  Almost always this will be supplemented with another SAK in my pocket but what that SAK is depends on my mood and what I'm planning for the day.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 06:46:39 PM by Gareth UK »
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

ca Offline Black Rose

Reply #46 on: February 21, 2009, 06:42:19 AM
I always carry a Vic Alox Classic SD and a Fenix E01 in my pocket and use a Nite-Ize #1 S-biner to clip them to my keyring.

My laptop bag has a Vic Driver (Economy scaled Recruit) as well as a modified Dorcy Super 1 watt LED flashlight.
I'm looking for a different SAK to carry in the laptop bag, but not sure what yet, other than something with scissors that won't freak out the co-workers if I need to take it out and use it.  Thinking a MiniChamp might do the trick.

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #47 on: February 22, 2009, 04:35:35 AM
Mine varies between Wenger Ranger and LM skeletoolCX.
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%