Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Charge TTi pocket carry

Sean · 18 · 3904

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Charge TTi pocket carry
on: March 02, 2009, 02:02:35 AM
Does anyone carry the Charge tti as a pocket carry via the clip?  Does it work fairly well as a clip carry similar to the skeletool or is it heavy, and bulky ?

thanks,
sean

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Re: Charge TTi pocket carry
Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 02:13:58 AM
I do from time to time and it's quite manageable if I'm wearing jeans or similar. For me personally it's just about at the limit of what I like to pocket carry in terms of size and weight.
I used to come here a lot.

Offline Tinnie

• No Life Club
  • I hate Velcro!
Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 02:17:39 AM
I like it :)

However sometimes the clip scratches off the camo on my one...some tape on the contact points will help....but if you got a vanilla charge tti it should be fine
[

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
  • Pitbulls are people too
Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 02:24:13 AM
 i have carried mine for months and it does not bother me one bit.
[

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #4 on: March 02, 2009, 04:39:39 AM
i carried on my belt always using the clip, really comfortable :tu:
A

us Offline David

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #5 on: March 02, 2009, 04:50:52 AM
I use the pocket clip some. I preferr to sheath carry the TTi most of the time.
What? Enablers! Are you serrrrious? Where? I dont see any.
Hold Fast

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 06:30:27 AM
Id personally say that carrying the TTi in my pocket feels okay.

But, from my experience, it depends really on what you also carry in that pocket as well and funny enough also on what kind of pants you wear.

I wear Levi's, and it feels okay, although (and I have pretty big hands) you cant really get your hand into your pocket with it clipped to your pocket and the tool inside.

Also, maybe you could try to carry the Leatherman in one of your back pockets-which one depends on wether youre a north or south paw and wether you carry a wallet or not.

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: March 02, 2009, 07:29:22 AM
thanks for the info.  have been toying around with perhaps picking up a tti but want to carry it with the clip inside my pocket. 

us Offline getpower

• More money, younger women, and older whiskey
Reply #8 on: March 02, 2009, 08:58:37 AM
The tool is top notch.

If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up ::) :D.

I have one, but havent used it because I have other leatherman tools. Plus, I am afraid of dulling the S30V blade, because then I have to sharpen it, and I cant sharpen anything worth a crap-and I have a sharpmaker and still cant do it.

Its a great tool, and if I hadnt bought other "less expensive" tools, then I would carry it.

Offline AndyTiedye

• No Life Club
  • Ride the Music
Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 02:34:21 AM
Does the camo wear off of the camo models if you carry them?

R

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 02:59:08 AM
used to pocket carry but didn't anymore coz I'm getting too popular with the ladies ;) ;) ;)
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Offline Leatherman123

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 03:00:56 AM
Does the camo wear off of the camo models if you carry them?

Andy, our Australian member Tinnie uses his Bass Pro Camo TTi hard and he says the Camo coating chips off.. If you don't use the pocket clip, I reckon it won't scratch off!
B

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 06:14:58 AM
Ok, I guess I will find out for self I picked up a Charge ALX today.  The TTi's have gone up so high in price with the new year that some of the shops are not ordering them anymore.   I've seen them as high as $185 in the fishing tackle shops so I guess the guy who buys a Sage fishing rod might swing one but there a little rich for my blood.
Nice Plier though the ALX.  I'm enjoying it so far.  It came with both the Leather and Nylon Sheath as well as the bit kit.

sean

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 05:35:43 PM
I used to carry my AL with a clip until I snagged the clip on the side of the couch and the clip broke.

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 09:12:34 PM
The pocket clip on the TTi works well for me although I usually have the sheath to carry the bit card. I bought the extra bit kit and put the most useful ones into one card.
Gabba gabba hey!!

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 09:16:41 PM
I've owned a TTi ever since they first came out and carried it in (almost) any way possible. I'll just say that pocket carry (with or without clip) was just not one of my favorite methods... Of course, it all boils down to what you're accustomed to hauling around, but the TTi was both too heavy and too large for my pockets and due to its weight it just wouldn't sit still in there. I turned to (horizontal) belt carry, then let it out of my EDC rotation in favor of my Spirit, which carries much better in my RF pocket.

us Offline sjdep97

Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 05:18:20 PM
I carry mine all the time with the clip. This tool is light enough so it doesn't pull the pocket down. Very comfortable!
NRA Life member

us Offline getahl

Reply #17 on: March 05, 2009, 08:07:53 PM
If I don't have a bag with me, I will generally carry it on belt (not preferred). I have tried pocket carry, both in and clipped. Loose carry is too heavy for my tastes, and I would assume the tool would wear through the pocket lining relatively quickly. Not sure how quickly on, say, Carhartt's or Dickies, but fast enough on a pair of jeans.

Right-front clipped carry makes the weight bearable, but then it's a pain to get to anything in your pocket. Back pocket carry is okay, as long as the non-clipped side is sitting against the edge of your pocket, otherwise it falls open a little. If I were to go back to carry my TTi clipped to my pocket, I would leave that pocket dedicated only to the TTi. I do that with my main pocket right knife already (which happens to be RF pocket), and it works out well. My standard setup is LF for phone, RF for smaller knife, keys in back right, wallet in back left. My larger knife, whatever it happens to be, alternates between riding with my wallet and my phone, depending on if sitting on it is annoying me that day or not. Today, it's not (Case Stag Large Stockman...it's thick and bumpy). In this case, the TTi would replace knife one in RF pocket. Knife 2 might be switched for a lighter model.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%