Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Style CS and Wave bit holder

gb Offline BePrepared

Style CS and Wave bit holder
on: October 12, 2019, 05:38:34 PM
I broke the 'backspring' on my Style CS --- the folded over piece of metal that acts as a backspring for the blade.  It was my fault messing with Style, seeing how I could mod it, so no LM warranty exchange for me.

But, I decide to explore more and had an idea....  I took off the side with a dremel and fitted the Wave bit holder.  I had already used a slightly longer pivot on that side, so there was just enough to take the bit holder.  But of course, the wave pivot holes are larger than the Style/Juice range.  So I padded the space in the bit holder (I used some strips from a tin can).

gb Offline BePrepared

Re: Style CS and Wave bit holder
Reply #1 on: October 12, 2019, 06:08:57 PM

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:49:34 PM
Swapped the scissors for the pliers and added a file.  Also put a flat blade into the other Style.

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 02:18:30 PM
Those look great! How are they holding up in everyday tasks?

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 12:35:30 PM
Very cool :like: I really love the idea of a bit holder on anything like that 8) :like:

gb Offline BePrepared

Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 06:22:50 PM
I used the Style (scissors tool) with the Juice phillips recently, to loosen a VGA computer monitor cable at work, and that worked very well.

I've not used the Style with the bit adaptor for real (except to test on stuff at home).  The adaptor is a bit loose on the pivot --- but if I twist on the screw head and washer I can make it tight so when it goes to open position it is held tightly in place.  I thought this looseness was a problem, but maybe it is a feature?  :P

I've made a selection to bits to carry, along with my usual EDC: RovyRon  A8 flashlight; Kershaw PT-2; the pliers based Style with bit holder; Leatherman flat bit set; Kaweco fountain pen.  I'll post follow-up as and when it gets used!   :salute:

PS: my other pocket will usually have a scissors based tool, like the style or a (bladeless) SAK Pioneer

The flashlight, pry bar, Style, and pen are in the black pouch.  The paracord band holds some Uncle Bill's tweezers, saftey pin, and paper clip.  The other object hanging out at the top is a USB cable for charging my phone.  I carry this everyday (previously the re was a Squrt instead of the Style).

Yep, it's all bladeless.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 06:33:41 PM by BePrepared »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69