Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Bottom Just Got SOGier (special Paratool + PPP)

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
My Bottom Just Got SOGier (special Paratool + PPP)
on: March 13, 2009, 11:49:18 AM
Early this week I got my Paratool with the brilliant hard plastic Blackie Collins sheath.
Tool is not in too bad shape , lots of scratches on the handles . I will have to pull her apart & do a Dave over  :D. It really is a unique tool , took a little while too workout how to open it  :o :D. Accessing the tools is a some what time consuming process . It will be good to get her looking/working ship shape.
Today I got my first compound Leverage SOG a PPP  S44. The leather sheath's SOG make are the best currently made IMHO. It does feel quite different opening a geared MT , very smooth. I will give the PPP a go as a EDC along with my SAK Huntsman & see how it goes. I would like to put one of those circumcised LM Charge pocket clips on it & I would be keen to get a set of the much maligned SOG scissors and give em a go. I was not wanting a PPP but it was on OZ Ebay & the state of the Aussie $ meant I HAD to buy it  ::) :D.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302320.jpg[/img]]
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302321.jpg[/img]]
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302322.jpg[/img]]

The Blackie Collins sheath is a huge bonus for me . It is a super tight fit , really locks the Para in. It is a super cool piece to have , I recommend if your a SOG fan get Kwakster's Paratool with Blackie Collins sheath , it is in the Auction section of the forum  :tu:

Blackie Collins Sheath Love

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302327-1.jpg[/img]]
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302323.jpg[/img]]
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302325-1.jpg[/img]]
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302326-1.jpg[/img]]

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

Offline american lockpicker

• No Life Club
Re: My Bottom Just Got SOGier (special Paratool + PPP)
Reply #1 on: March 13, 2009, 12:47:13 PM
That sheath is nice.
(

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 05:24:49 AM
That is nice MM :o :D I see your taking a big liking to SOG ::) :D How many you got now :think: I like the look of certain odd models of SOG like that :tu:

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 06:27:15 AM
That is nice MM :o :D I see your taking a big liking to SOG ::) :D How many you got now :think: I like the look of certain odd models of SOG like that :tu:

Ponch I got the Toolclip, Microtoolclip, Paratool , PPP & on Tuesday I will get my SWITCHPLIER  :gimme: :ahhh :D :D :D

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #4 on: March 14, 2009, 06:30:39 AM

Ponch I got the Toolclip, Microtoolclip, Paratool , PPP & on Tuesday I will get my SWITCHPLIER  :gimme: :ahhh :D :D :D

holy smurf!
A

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #5 on: March 14, 2009, 01:54:59 PM
I really like the Paratool, but, I do find closing it to be a bit of a pain sometimes - the way you have to line up the two handles before you press the head back down.

It's a great tool though.
I used to come here a lot.

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #6 on: March 14, 2009, 02:08:00 PM
I really like the Paratool, but, I do find closing it to be a bit of a pain sometimes - the way you have to line up the two handles before you press the head back down.

Yeah, they can be a tad awkward but I love my paratool. It's my EDC in my bag, black one though so I had to buy a Fenix so I could find it in there  :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #7 on: March 14, 2009, 02:08:33 PM
Lol.
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #8 on: March 14, 2009, 02:10:09 PM
A nice addition to your SOG selection Mat! That sheath is indeed a unique item. It seems that there are not many of them around? I wonder if back then the sheath was packaged with the Paratool, or if it was strictly an accessory item purchased later? :think:  
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #9 on: March 14, 2009, 03:38:04 PM
I think the sheath alone is worth the purchase price .  SO ALL YOU SOG FANS HAVE A CRACK AT Kwaksters's Paratool + Blackie Collins sheath(In the auction section) they look MINT  :pok: :pok:

In my multitool weight loss diet plan (I have lost 4kg, another 3kg before I can handle my Autotool :( :D) I was putting another notch in my belt & I discovered that the Paratool's Awl wanted to claps/close  :o so I then use the SOG's PPP awl & experience the compound leverage gear pain  :ahhh  & it wants to bleed you when you retract it  . SOG's actual awl is a bloody good sharp poker it just has some issues  ::)

A nice addition to your SOG selection Mat! That sheath is indeed a unique item. It seems that there are not many of them around? I wonder if back then the sheath was packaged with the Paratool, or if it was strictly an accessory item purchased later? :think:  

Bob I think they are really rare , I got a bit lucky with mine as it was listed as a SOG tool , not a Paratool. Another odd thing with my Para is it looks like a early model (6 tool bits , bolted lanyard attachment / lever ) but it has the latter model's hole pattern (less holes)  :think: :think: :think:

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: March 14, 2009, 03:51:10 PM

Bob I think they are really rare , I got a bit lucky with mine as it was listed as a SOG tool , not a Paratool. Another odd thing with my Para is it looks like a early model (6 tool bits , bolted lanyard attachment / lever ) but it has the latter model's hole pattern (less holes)  :think: :think: :think:

Hmmmm, perhaps an older style plier head and newer style handles you think?
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #11 on: March 14, 2009, 03:56:15 PM

But it's got the bolted lanyard/lever  :think: :think:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll287/multimat426/SOG/S6302329.jpg[/img]]

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #12 on: March 14, 2009, 05:45:58 PM

Oops, yah, thats what I meant by "older style plier head."  The newer ones had levers that were riveted of course.

Must be at some point they ran out of original handles before they ran out of original pliers?

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #13 on: March 14, 2009, 06:01:43 PM
There is something about the Paratool I really like.  I'm guessing it might be that it kept me busy when bored.  Kind of like playing one of those games on your phone when your waiting for someone?   I'm sure it's a pretty adequate tool too but I bought one and kept for a few days then took it back.  I was scared I was going to put some pretty serious gashes in my fingers and hands opening and closing it and it's tools.  Way to fiddly for me so I exchanged it for the Pocket Powerplier.  :)

sean

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #14 on: March 14, 2009, 06:07:18 PM

Oops, yah, thats what I meant by "older style plier head."  The newer ones had levers that were riveted of course.

Must be at some point they ran out of original handles before they ran out of original pliers?

Bob I only know that from reading your Paratool peice in the Tool encyclopidia  :D  :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #15 on: March 14, 2009, 06:12:30 PM
Well the other thing I notice Mat is your Paratool has a matte finish, in contrast to the polished ones that came along later.

(Image removed from quote.)

The later Paratools have the same finish as the pocket powerplier in your picture.

au Offline MultiMat

• The MTO handshake.
Reply #16 on: March 15, 2009, 01:20:31 AM
Thanks Bob  :cheers:
Now I need to pull the Para apart and do the BobnDave make over  :D
BTW I used Armorall Vinyl,Rubber& Plastic spray on the Blackie Collins sheath & my Navitool. Did a good job on cleaning & bringing out the original color on both items.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $168.99
PayPal Fees: $9.87
Net Balance: $159.12
Below Goal: $140.88