Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Metal scaled 58mm

Offline SAK Keyman

Metal scaled 58mm
on: March 15, 2009, 08:58:23 PM
Love those metal scaled classic, be it alox, stainless steel or sterling silver!  But, I would hate to give up those side implements(toothpick, tweezer, pen, LED light etc) for the looks of those metals.  I've searched through ebay and notice that only the Tiffany's sterling silver classic comes with toothpick and tweezer. 

Would like to know if those implements can be found on stainless steel version.  Particularly the pen which I found to be very useful.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Metal scaled 58mm
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2009, 09:12:44 PM
Welcome to the forums.I'm not aware of any variant that has what you're looking for,but........and there's always a but,Victorinox has made so many variants and special runs over the decades that trying to catalog all of them is difficult.
I

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #2 on: March 15, 2009, 09:18:58 PM
Like you, I have only seen the toothpick and the tweezers on the Tiffany classics (funny this should come up as I was talking about just this with Mike last night).  I have never seen a SS one with them.
I'm back!!

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #3 on: March 15, 2009, 09:21:45 PM
I know Ben's been looking into them, so if he say's there only on the Tiffany's one's, then that's probably the case :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 09:42:18 PM
The stainless steel scales are glued-on shells over undersized outer liners... they overlap the rims much like Wenger scales.

Offline SAK Keyman

Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:39:22 PM
Thanks to everyone for the reply....

Since all the experts here say no, I'll better stop wasting my time searching.   :D

Are the stainless steel and Tiffany's scales of the same thickness as the celidor scale(toothpick version)?  If not, how thick are they?  If they're thick enough, I may be able to modify it to accept the pen refill.....

Offline SAK Keyman

Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 10:47:59 PM
The stainless steel scales are glued-on shells over undersized outer liners... they overlap the rims much like Wenger scales.

I've never own any Wenger but I figure you means that the outer liners are smaller than normal 58mm liner so that the S/S scale completely cover it such that one can only see the S/S scale when view from the side?

Talking about Wenger, are there any 65mm metal scaled model with toothpick, tweezer, pen etc?

us Offline Spork, Lord of Lime Jello!

• No Life Club
  • Benner fan club #003
Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 11:09:29 PM
I've never own any Wenger but I figure you means that the outer liners are smaller than normal 58mm liner so that the S/S scale completely cover it such that one can only see the S/S scale when view from the side?

Yes

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD