Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Juice Club

ie Offline eamo

• No Life Club
  • I have a small selection of disparate tools
Re: Juice Club
Reply #630 on: February 29, 2016, 07:01:39 PM
 :drool: :drool:
It is never too late to be what you might have been - George Eliot

de Offline leatherman-shop.de

Reply #631 on: February 29, 2016, 07:11:55 PM
wow - great collection  :salute:
multitools for the one leaving nothing undone

us Offline rishardh

• No Life Club
Reply #632 on: February 29, 2016, 09:49:24 PM
New Juices full ring  :)

(Image removed from quote.)

Beautiful eye candy  :drool:   No Granite Gray SXs?

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #634 on: March 01, 2016, 12:49:17 AM
I have not had much luck with Juice XE6 lately. 3 out of 4 used units I purchased had one of the three flathead screw drivers twisted. They all cut my finger when trying to flick the troubled screw drivers out. Do people really consider these as heavy duty tools?  :facepalm:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #635 on: March 01, 2016, 02:21:38 AM
I have not had much luck with Juice XE6 lately. 3 out of 4 used units I purchased had one of the three flathead screw drivers twisted. They all cut my finger when trying to flick the troubled screw drivers out. Do people really consider these as heavy duty tools?  :facepalm:
I approach the flatheads from the side of the tool, rather than head on. Thats why theres that funny looking cutout exposing the nail nicks. Otherwise they do have a tendency to bite.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #636 on: March 01, 2016, 04:42:37 AM
I approach the flatheads from the side of the tool, rather than head on. Thats why theres that funny looking cutout exposing the nail nicks. Otherwise they do have a tendency to bite.
Yeah, I use the nail nicks to pull them out. The problem I had was with the previous owners forcing the twisted flat head screw drivers back into the handle, and clumped the three tools together. So, when I first received the defective tools, I had to use another tool to pry them out. I then filed and ground the twisted screw driver down, so it would not wedge in between the other drivers/ handle. By doing that, I ended up making the bad driver thinner and sharper, hence the likeliness of the bites.
The nail nicks are badly designed IMO. Instead of stepping on the nicks, I think a long-short-long nick arrangement is easier to pull the tools out.
Cute tools, but quite bloody. Still don't know why I keep buying them. 13 so far, 7 of which are XE6. A KF4 and SC2 are on the way. Cross my fingers for no more twisted drivers.  :cry:

us Offline kaput

• No Life Club
Reply #637 on: June 03, 2016, 09:25:14 PM
 :2tu:

Im stoked to have gotten a kf4. I think the load out is great for me. I need the different size flats, the file, i do use serrated blades allot. The awl (i wish was sharper like a sak) and the saw. I really appreciate not having the corkscrew...

The size is great. I also have a rebar in rotation and this is direct competition, but both are just fun/functional tools for me. I feel I get allot in the smallest package possible. I'm perplexed why they would forgo this model with all the others currently being offered. I can understand it needs some tweaks and changes, but it has allot going right imo.

I've carried it for a couple days and it rides easy but I know I have allot of bases covered. I can get a great smooth grip on it when using the pliers/cutters. The tools are hefty and strong under pressure. Overall I am extremely happy and this will be an everyday carry for me, or at the very least on a rotation depending on what exactly I'm up against. Needless to say this kf4 is going to see allot of daily use.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 217.08 KB)
multi-tools—folding contraptions fixed with all kinds of doo-dads

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #638 on: June 08, 2016, 11:05:49 PM
100% Pure Juices  :)

« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:34:35 PM by wowaboro »

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #639 on: June 08, 2016, 11:34:48 PM
Nice pics there mate.  What happened to the branding?
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #640 on: June 08, 2016, 11:35:22 PM
Oh, and I happen to have my blue Sc2 on my belt today.

se Offline Mr Biriyani

Reply #641 on: June 08, 2016, 11:35:50 PM
Clear Juices  :)

Clear Juices ? Nice . I have never seen those. What are they ?
factory errors or just cleaned from the text ?

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #642 on: June 08, 2016, 11:38:33 PM
What happened to the branding?

Nothing unusual - just another factory mistakes' Juices  ;)

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #643 on: June 08, 2016, 11:47:39 PM
Very cool to have a nice group of four of them. :tu:

us Offline Joseph Gonzalez

Reply #644 on: July 27, 2016, 03:23:40 AM
Count me in!  :multi:

I just received a Juice S2 that I bought on eBay. The tools are in good shape, but there is a ding on the handles where it was dropped on a hard surface. I've already ordered a set of pivots and will attempt to do the slim juice conversion and replace the handle scales. Wish me luck!
2016-07-26 18.16.46.jpg
* 2016-07-26 18.16.46.jpg (Filesize: 175.23 KB)
2016-07-26 18.15.42.jpg
* 2016-07-26 18.15.42.jpg (Filesize: 95.77 KB)
Regards,

Joe Gonzalez

"Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a day; set him on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life."

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #645 on: July 27, 2016, 03:36:31 AM
Count me in!  :multi:

I just received a Juice S2 that I bought on eBay. The tools are in good shape, but there is a ding on the handles where it was dropped on a hard surface. I've already ordered a set of pivots and will attempt to do the slim juice conversion and replace the handle scales. Wish me luck!

Welcome to :MTO: and the Juice club :cheers:

Very nice pics as well :tu:

us Offline zartoon

Reply #646 on: July 28, 2016, 03:37:05 PM
I have been trying to convince myself to get a juice for years. I always end up diverting to another model. The latest one was a skeletool. Not sure why. I have to say being a big fan of the surge, the ex6 looks the best for me, but I thinknj'm missing the point here. I need to change my mind set to the minimalist mind set.

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #647 on: July 28, 2016, 04:10:59 PM
I have been trying to convince myself to get a juice for years. I always end up diverting to another model. The latest one was a skeletool. Not sure why. I have to say being a big fan of the surge, the ex6 looks the best for me, but I thinknj'm missing the point here. I need to change my mind set to the minimalist mind set.

Minimalism is fine but I like maximalism  :D Any model of Juice is smaller than the Surge though :o :D

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #648 on: July 28, 2016, 05:58:30 PM
  Juice are like Volkswagens, compact enough to go anywhere and still be stylin'.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

ru Offline wowaboro

Reply #649 on: September 24, 2016, 10:48:16 AM
Another funny LM story  :D
Above standard Red Juice SC2, but below...
...at first, assembler confused and mixed all tools that is possible, next, the quality controller released it for sale.
 :drink:

« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 11:59:23 AM by wowaboro »

Offline Dustin King

Reply #650 on: October 11, 2016, 06:21:16 AM
I too just ordered a juice S2 as a go-between my squirt and wave.  I ordered the old style one I found on Ebay, as I am partial to the matching scales.  I am a bit paranoid it is a counterfeit because the condition was so good. Anyone have any experience with ebay leatherman? 

au Offline Huntsman

• Global Moderator
  • No Life Club
Reply #651 on: October 11, 2016, 06:38:32 AM
Hopefully you'll be fine

I am not an expert - But I don't think we see too many counterfeit Leathermans/Juices

But we do see a lot of nearly new tools  :tu:
- eg Tools that have been bought on a whim, or as a present, or as a toy, or to try out - then are unused/unwanted
They end up on ebay - and many are in great condition

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #652 on: October 11, 2016, 10:32:39 PM
I agree with Huntsman and feel that you should receive a genuine LM :cheers:

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #653 on: October 11, 2016, 11:19:55 PM
After all my ranting and raving about the Juice line, I am still the owner of two of them. Both of which do get pocket time.

First of all I have a KF4 which not only doesn't have what I consider to be the most annoying tools, but is the most symmetrical Juice. I pair it with a Climber Small which gives a wonderfully rounded tool combo with minimal duplication. It really is a good pairing of pliers tool and knife based tool.

Next up is the CS4. The model that started my love/hate relationship with this tool. I had one, hated it - gifted it to my brother, and he absolutely loved it  :think: Maybe I missed something.

I bought another, and hated it again  :rant:

This time I set about righting the wrongs. I smacked the scissor pivot with a hammer, sharpened the awl, sharpened the can opener, took the evil biting edges off the drivers (they still bite, but not as deep), refined the knife edge, crinked the saw, and tried prying over the scissor slot slightly. It's still not ideal, but now realises more of it's potential than it did when it left the factory.

Fantastic concept, passable design, sloppy execution. However it can be improved if you're prepared to invest time as well as your hard earned cash. I don't plan on selling either of these.... but I don't plan on buying any more either  :D

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Offline Dustin King

Reply #654 on: October 12, 2016, 02:23:34 AM
Hopefully you'll be fine

I am not an expert - But I don't think we see too many counterfeit Leathermans/Juices

- eg Tools that have been bought on a whim, or as a present, or as a toy, or to try out - then are unused/unwanted

Received in the mail today, the Juice is new in box.  It may have been opened at some point but it appears unused.  The tools are very tough to deploy, which may be to the newness of the leatherman.  It appears legit though, was able to get it for about $50 which I was happy with for the older style.  Happy to be an official juice club member. :D

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #655 on: October 12, 2016, 09:45:24 AM
Hopefully you'll be fine

Received in the mail today, the Juice is new in box.  It may have been opened at some point but it appears unused.  The tools are very tough to deploy, which may be to the newness of the leatherman.  It appears legit though, was able to get it for about $50 which I was happy with for the older style.  Happy to be an official juice club member. :D

Congratulations! Yes the new Juice can be a little still to open at first, but will free up in time. Be sure to let us know your thoughts after you've spent a couple of months with it  :tu:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

Offline Dustin King

Reply #656 on: October 12, 2016, 09:58:11 AM
I will indeed, this one is the toughest to deploy of all my leatherman (wave, squirt, micra, blast (lost)).  I had a laugh reading about the bite from the drivers as my thumb knuckle is bleeding from first attempted opening of flatheads.  I will be interested to see how I like this one. I got it as a go between for the wave and squirt.  Love both of them.  The squirt is amazing for its size.  It is easy to forget it is in the pocket at all.  The wave am always aware to some degree.  I think I will try some graphite powder and see if it helps the tools deploy more easily

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #657 on: October 12, 2016, 07:21:37 PM
Never joined this club! Maybe 'cause I never liked the Juice line
I had this one and a XE6, plus the S2 (I believe), and sold them all

I only kept the JuicePro, 'cause it's discontinued, and mine was signed by Tim himself

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

fi Offline Padre

Reply #658 on: October 13, 2016, 09:37:17 PM
I like Juice sheath. Pretty.
:)
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

us Offline chrono

• No Life Club
  • Find me if you can...
Reply #659 on: October 14, 2016, 01:11:19 AM
The Juicy model that Leatherman did not create. It is on eBay for $20 http://www.ebay.com/itm/232112908084

I must say I do like that shade of green

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 01:12:45 AM by chrono »

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69