Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

What SOG are you carrying now?

ducttapetech · 1658 · 103450

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Re: What SOG are you carrying now?
Reply #570 on: August 12, 2016, 12:02:39 AM
A lot greener here in Louisiana than it was in Montana

Nice pic! I hope the move went smoothly.

Thanks! The trip down was good. My household goods delivery got held up quite a bit but we got a house and got the kids enrolled in school just in time to start the school year (they start so early down here)
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #571 on: August 19, 2016, 11:07:06 PM
SOG PPP in the shoulder bag today

It is so lightweight and slim it fits in almost any pocket or space of the bag

Awesome gripping power with the CL, and the flat head was a Godsent gift in some occasions
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #572 on: August 21, 2016, 04:54:34 PM

My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #573 on: August 24, 2016, 04:34:36 PM
ThePeacent, those are very nice.
Here is mine today.
20160824_102831_1024x1024.jpg
* 20160824_102831_1024x1024.jpg (Filesize: 123.55 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #574 on: August 24, 2016, 05:46:14 PM
ThePeacent, those are very nice.
Here is mine today.

Love the pics with your Vulcan...it is a very photogenic and sexy blade!
Here are pics of all my SOGs, so if I'm carrying one today it has to be one of these:  :salute:

My toys:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #575 on: August 24, 2016, 06:41:39 PM
Very nice!
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #576 on: August 25, 2016, 04:36:16 PM
These.
20160825_101036_1024x1024.jpg
* 20160825_101036_1024x1024.jpg (Filesize: 109.97 KB)
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #577 on: August 25, 2016, 09:23:18 PM
Nice ones fellas   :cheers:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #578 on: August 25, 2016, 09:31:02 PM
Thanks friend!
Nate

SEND IT!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #579 on: August 28, 2016, 08:22:12 PM

My toys:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #580 on: August 30, 2016, 05:58:09 PM
Things are starting to settle down in our new Louisiana-based lives. The house is almost fully unpacked. The kids are in school. I am in a good groove at my new job.

I have been mostly carrying my bladeless SP2 at work, accompanied by either my M16 or TAC Auto.

"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #581 on: August 30, 2016, 06:12:27 PM
 :2tu:
Nate

SEND IT!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #582 on: September 02, 2016, 10:30:25 AM

My toys:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #583 on: September 02, 2016, 01:04:25 PM
Very nice pics and load out.
Nate

SEND IT!

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #584 on: September 02, 2016, 03:55:26 PM
Peacent, what knife is that? It looks like a nice one

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #585 on: September 03, 2016, 11:22:33 AM
Peacent, what knife is that? It looks like a nice one

Very nice budget folder, the Utilitac 2 from Ontario

Similar to the SOG Flash or SOG Twitch, a less than $40 folder with wichedly sharp AUS8 blade and smooth opening,
comes in different blade shapes and edge combinations

:salute:
My toys:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #586 on: September 04, 2016, 03:15:27 PM
Thanks for the feature :tu: I like the edge combo on your version, very utilitarian

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #587 on: September 06, 2016, 02:28:43 PM
A question for those of you who have contributed to this thread.  I notice that a number or your SOG's feature scissors.

I have three sog tools however none have scissors.  In previous threads about scissors the SOG scissors were not rated very highly.  Do you find them useful at all?  Can they be improved by sharpening or changing the angles or in some other way?  Are they, for example, ok for trimming nails and doing small jobs or are they mainly cosmetic additions to the multitool?

That's more than one question however I think you get the idea. :)

Thank you,

John.

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #588 on: September 06, 2016, 10:28:32 PM
A question for those of you who have contributed to this thread.  I notice that a number or your SOG's feature scissors.

I have three sog tools however none have scissors.  In previous threads about scissors the SOG scissors were not rated very highly.  Do you find them useful at all?  Can they be improved by sharpening or changing the angles or in some other way?  Are they, for example, ok for trimming nails and doing small jobs or are they mainly cosmetic additions to the multitool?

That's more than one question however I think you get the idea. :)

Thank you,

John.

Hi John. I've owned six different SOG tools that had scissors either from the factory or from a previous owner who modded and added them.
To me, they're the worst in the MT world.

Bad construction, not powerful enough to cut thick materials

too cumbersome and large for nail duties and delicate tasks, unlike the Swisstool's, Legend's or Wave's (Victorinox, Gerber, Leatherman)

and complicated build up, hard to mount and engage properly. The reason I modded my Powerlock with LM scissors. Much better

To me, plain and simple, they're crap. For real, I'd take any other scissors in the SAKs and MTs today instead. Well, all others but one...

That one's the second worst I've seen, and I have more than one Dime so its not a one-off problem.

Stick to what works: SAKs for nailcare and trimming, Micra for tough plastic, cardboard or similar stuff or just other brands, but not SOG
  :facepalm:
My toys:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #589 on: September 07, 2016, 05:18:58 PM
David

Thanks for the comprehensive reply.  Is there a link available for your use of the leatherman scissors in the SOG?  I looked last night in the mod section and couldn't find one but may have missed it.  Don't want to further derail this thread.

John.

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #590 on: September 10, 2016, 10:02:33 PM

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #591 on: September 11, 2016, 10:01:37 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #592 on: September 27, 2016, 07:32:12 PM

My toys:

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #593 on: September 28, 2016, 04:13:36 PM
This is actually from last night. SOG Pocket PowerPlier and a '03 vic soldier
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #594 on: September 29, 2016, 10:37:23 AM

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #595 on: September 29, 2016, 02:18:14 PM
This is actually from last night. SOG Pocket PowerPlier and a '03 vic soldier
:facepalm: forgot the pic

Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #596 on: September 29, 2016, 03:18:00 PM
My toys:

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #597 on: October 02, 2016, 11:05:47 AM

My toys:

fi Offline Padre

Reply #598 on: October 02, 2016, 04:18:36 PM
Lovely Sunday to get some work to do for the tiny CrossCut.

These things are forever.
Leatherman:
Charge TTi, AL, Squirt PS4, Surge, Juice XE6, CS4, S2, ST300, Crunch, OHT, MUT, Rebar, Brewzer, Signal, Raptor, Tool Adapter, Croc, Wave, Style CS, Freestyle, Skeletool RX, Micra, Wingman
SOG:
PPP, PowerLock, SwitchPlier 2.0, Paratool, PowerAssist, Reactor, CrossCut, PowerPlay
Gerber:
FliK, MP600 ProScout, MP600 blunt, Dime, MP-1, Diesel, MP400
Bahco:
MTT151, MTT051, MTT121
Knives:
Spyderco PM2, Tatanka, Bug, ZT 0452CF, CS Recon1XL, Benchmade 940-1 and 482
SAKs:
Too many to list here...

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #599 on: October 04, 2016, 10:12:18 PM
Again today:

My toys:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%