Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

[CLOSED] Triple birthday giveaway

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
[CLOSED] Triple birthday giveaway
on: July 24, 2014, 11:17:50 AM
As some of you might remember from last year, the 31st of July isn't only the last day of the Anniversary giveaway madness, it's also the birthday of two MTO members, the much loved and respected FelineVet Tim and the Dark Side moderator --> ME. :vader: And MTo's birthday too, so triple birthday. :woohoo:

:D

So again this year Tim and I have combined forces for a joint giveaway of two awesome prizes, if I do say so myself. :P

Tim is giving away a Victorinox Dual Pro and I decided to piggyback with a smaller model for EDC, and also to commemorate the Swiss company that we all loved so much, and am giving away a Wenger Evolution 18. :salute:

Both will be shipped by FelineVet as he's been doing the shipping for most of our giveaway prizes for the last two years. :hatsoff:

You can visit his store he has at EDCSource.com for more SAKs and gear at great prices.

So what do do you have to do to win this SAK combo? Well as this is the Swiss forum and we'd like these to go to a SAK fan, I'd ask that the first requirement would be before one enters to have at least 20 posts in the Swiss forum. (you can check how many you have in your Profile under Show Stats)

And second, show us one (or more) Swiss Army knife that's special to you. Special how? Well I'll leave that to you, maybe the first one you ever got, the one that you've carried the longest, the one that reminds you of a dear one, a custom you've been saving for for months and finally got it or a mod that you did yourself, ... you get the drift. ;)

And of course tell us why this SAK is so special to you. :cheers:

Entries till the 31st of July at 20.oo CET (server offset time). I'll draw the winner some time in the evening after that.

Good luck to everyone who enters and I'm looking forward to some cool stories and pictures. :hatsoff:

Have fun. :D
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 08:56:17 PM by enki_ck »

de Offline Storky

• A happy fart never comes from a miserable ass.
Re: Triple birthday giveaway
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 12:10:09 PM
This is really a great combo giveaway. Thanks for that  :salute:

I have several "special" SAKs but my favourite is the knife in my avatar.

I call it the "Storky's Huntsman Special".
I have some SAKs with modded scales, but this one is my only really Mod.
It's a Euro Climber with long nail file on the back + a wodd saw added.

Regards

Markus

nz Offline RimfireNZ

Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 12:23:11 PM
Happy birthday fellas  :cheers:

Thanks for the competition!

This is my only Wenger. It isn't a pretty one. It's old and has had a tough life. It used to be my dads, and he gave it to me when I was about 5 (over 20 years back). It was my first SAK.

I learned about respecting a knife with this. I cut myself on this thing... I learned that wasn't a great idea. I climbed trees with it. I tried to help build my playhouse with it. It's a special one because it was my dads before he gave it to me. It's falling apart now but this and my old Swisschamp he gave me when I was about ten are locked away.

The best thing about is is the little 2 dimensional phillips driver on it. Very good idea.

gb Offline Millhouse

• No Life Club
  • This isn't me, but I'm just as dysfunctional
Reply #3 on: July 24, 2014, 12:39:52 PM
Most generous giveaway from Tim and enki.  :salute:

Good luck everyone.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #4 on: July 24, 2014, 12:45:44 PM
Happy B-Day to a great couple of guys, and of course, MT.O  :cheers:  Those are two fantastic SAK's, so thanks for the chance of being able to get them.  :salute:

Here is my very first SAK.  It was given to me when I was in elementary school by one of my fathers co-workers.  This one is special since it was my very first.

This one here is also special to me as it was my first Alox SAK, and it was also modded by Syph to have the scissors added.

nl Offline Reinier

• Zombie Apprentice
  • \o/
Reply #5 on: July 24, 2014, 12:48:53 PM
Very nice giveaway mate! Thank you and thanks Tim.
:cheers:
You should seriously visit vicfan.com. All the hoopy froods are doing it.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 12:55:35 PM
Good luck to everybody, gonna sit that one out (already have the DualPro). Thanks and happy Birthday to the three of you :cheers:
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

gb Offline Philby

Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 12:57:52 PM
Great giveaway! :salute: the Sak most special to me is  my  Swisschamp.  It was a gift from my parents, who bought it for me on a trip to the U.S.A in the mid  90's. Had it through university, on trips around the world, three different jobs and 5 different houses.
image.jpg
* image.jpg (Filesize: 121.34 KB)

au Offline PTRSAK

• No Life Club
  • I'm an Adult?!?! When did that happen?
Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 01:17:28 PM
Happy Birthdays.

I have several special SAKs. But overall I would say this is the jewel of my "not a collection".

Long Awl Elinox Pioneer.  Older than me and in better condition :facepalm:

us Offline SAK Guy

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • "Spending all of my money and time Oh, ho ho...'"
Reply #9 on: July 24, 2014, 01:20:14 PM
Thank you for the chance!!!!!

This is my first ALOX (from '83) and my only SAK to survive the fire that destroyed my parents farm (where I stored my knife collection). I thought it was lost but discovered it, forgotten in my truck toolbox after the fire. That was a very low point in our lives and finding that knife really made a difference to me.

My orig Pioneer pictured against some of my fixed blades that were lost.

- Robert

Quo Fata Ferunt
"It's sad that governments are chiefed by the double tongues." - Ten Bears

gr Offline kkokkolis

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Τετραφάρμακος
Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 01:50:15 PM
Happy birthday Tim and Enki.

My wife bought this Cadet for me in 1986.  She saw me looking it at the store of the Omonoia Metro Station every day. I liked that and a red Pioneer. She asked me to choose and I chose the Cadet. It was slim enough to carry in my jeans pocket for a quarter of a century. My wife is still by me and I engraved her name on my Swisschamp XLT. She accepts my interest in SAKs and in 1996 she ordered for my birthday a SAK cake with the Vic logo. She tries to order every year a cake about my interests, so I had, among others, a Universe, a Shamrock and a nice pair of female breasts. I love my wife, she's something else.
This Cadet reminds me our first years together, as high school pupils then University students and shortly afterwards young parents.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:52:51 PM by kkokkolis »

us Offline detron

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tool Carrying Linux User
Reply #11 on: July 24, 2014, 01:51:56 PM
Thank you Tim, Nikola, and MTO.

This SAK is special to me, because it was the first "in the wild" find I had after I started collecting.  found it at a flea market, and as a new collector was filled with joy just to have found something.

it is a McKinley
If I can help, let me know 

us Offline DEMartin

Reply #12 on: July 24, 2014, 03:38:09 PM
This is my Super Tinker from years ago. It has the split philips screwdriver and no hook. I used to go backpacking with topo maps and a compass. This knife has opened many cans of spam and corned beef; you remember, the ones that required the use of a key. It has been retired to the medicine cabinet for moustache grooming (scissors). I have since developed an affinity for Black Alox, but I would never part with my Super Tinker as it served me quite well.
old Super Tinker.jpg
* old Super Tinker.jpg (Filesize: 44.24 KB)
Water, water, every where,
 And all the boards did shrink;
 Nor any drop to drink.

us Offline DEMartin

Reply #13 on: July 24, 2014, 03:43:16 PM
That is one fine looking SAK.
This is really a great combo giveaway. Thanks for that  :salute:

I have several "special" SAKs but my favourite is the knife in my avatar.

(Image removed from quote.)

I call it the "Storky's Huntsman Special".
I have some SAKs with modded scales, but this one is my only really Mod.
It's a Euro Climber with long nail file on the back + a wodd saw added.

Regards

Markus
 And all the boards did shrink;
 Nor any drop to drink.

spam Offline J Mackrel Jones

Reply #14 on: July 24, 2014, 04:03:22 PM
Hope this isn't cheating but one of my favorite "Swiss Army Knives" has to be the one being made by the blacksmith in this stained glass in a window of the Victorinox factory in Ibach.  I took a photograph of it while waiting for a tour of the facility in 2007.
Elsener smith.jpg
* Elsener smith.jpg (Filesize: 447.73 KB)
The work takes on a life unplanned
and the painter finds the painting directs the hand

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 04:05:41 PM
Happy Birthday everyone, and MTO!!

Here's my Brass Yeoman, made from Vic parts and home made brass scales by myself. The first 2 pics are ones made just after I completed and polished the knife. The last 2 pics were just taken, showing the patina that is slowly developing after, now, 5 months of use.
Love this SAK, has the most sweat and toil I have invested in a knife.
brass1.JPG
* brass1.JPG (Filesize: 222.19 KB)
brass2.JPG
* brass2.JPG (Filesize: 217.18 KB)
photo 1 (1).JPG
* photo 1 (1).JPG (Filesize: 243.55 KB)
photo 2 (1).JPG
* photo 2 (1).JPG (Filesize: 250.71 KB)

us Offline Monrogue

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Wooooo!
Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 04:06:26 PM
Yet another generous giveaway-thanks for the chance :salute:  Happy birthday to you Nikola and Tim :cheers:

In case nobody's noticed over the last few weeks, my custom Rogueneer (thanks GigaHz) has become my favorite SAK.  It has dominated my pocket time, and will likely continue to do so.  It's an Explorer Plus, with a metal file layer (with chisel back tool) added, and the regular hook replaced with the nail file version.  This one is as close to 91mm SAK perfection as I can get.  I can't post a pic right now, but will try to remember to do so tonight. 
K-Tibbs

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 04:22:34 PM
Happy Happy Happy birthday!!!!
 :cheers: :drink: :salute:

I don't know if I meet the criteria for participating. I'll just try to get some pics of my SAKs and post them here. I'll let someone else check my SAK thread status...

:whistle:

:D :D :D :D

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline Luna Knife

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 04:31:04 PM
I appreciate the opportunity for having a chance to win those 2 very nice SAKS.  What a grreat forum.

The waiter in this pic is very special to me because it was my first attempt at rescaling in wood
sakco final4.jpg
* sakco final4.jpg (Filesize: 129.21 KB)

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 04:48:00 PM
Ive not checked but im sure ive  more than 20 posts  :facepalm:
Happy birthday guys :tu:

My favourite sak is my Swisschamp, special because it was a gift from one of the many kind members here  :tu: thanks for the chance and good luck everyone
CAM00239.jpg
* CAM00239.jpg (Filesize: 202.41 KB)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 05:12:49 PM by Zed »

ca Offline derekmac

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Little to the right...
Reply #20 on: July 24, 2014, 05:04:50 PM

My favourite sak is my Swisschamp, special because it was a gift from one of the many kind members here  :tu: thanks for the chance and good luck everyone
1182 to be exact!!  :tu: :D

us Offline Nhoj

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: July 24, 2014, 05:12:12 PM
First, happy birthday to both of you!
A swiss army knife that is special to me is my evogrip s18. It isn't a sak that is modded or anything, I've just used it so much that I'm very fond of it. Plus it's yellow and I love yellow saks!

This picture was the most precarious position I ever put it in, it's on top of a fire tower and I'm sure it would have broken if it fell off the thin railing it was on that high.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #22 on: July 24, 2014, 05:13:46 PM

1182 to be exact!!  :tu: :D

Just a few then :D

fi Offline Crow

• No Life Club
  • Look at all those shiny sharp things.
Reply #23 on: July 24, 2014, 05:14:43 PM
This is my first real SAK that i bought.

https://pyn98q.by3302.livefilestore.com/y2p63DrwVbceCE_OI5SvzpuY6gsQ24nGTV8mbwiakBW0YFSzfuHpq6i5vmsm8PiKrtzDyftL_wmW7aIbzCFGkEdUjJLg3OgdHBsJDmWjSoP08w/IMAG0740.jpg?psid=1

What i fell in love was originally from Japan, made in back in eighties. It was SAK knockoff, but i used it as hell. Lives no more.

When i joined MTO, i uploaded this picture of SAKs that i owned at that time.

https://pyn98q.by3302.livefilestore.com/y2pDW-ilzBwLhOpilZL8b45LR15-kOnNM0anuUThDdzVUCwZ_Sns5mggtY1nyWL-wpAJ9K87HqXHQ8y4w02IbK-aQv71GdosIDFSlkAfSJxHF8/IMAG0587.jpg?psid=1

Since then have been some more of them. I just love these little versatile buggers...

mx Offline Dragon Lord

• Follow your dreams they would lead you to happines
Reply #24 on: July 24, 2014, 05:16:08 PM
Happy Birthdays  :cheers:

This is my faithful companion, I bought it with my first paycheck and has been with me about 7 years every day.
It was really hard to leave it home yesterday to replace it with a hiker.

us Offline chivaceae

• 'ta bueno!
Reply #25 on: July 24, 2014, 06:08:35 PM
Happy birthday! and thanks for such a great giveaway.

My steady SAK companion since 1983 has been a Champion (1983-1993) and a SwissChamp (1994-present), and I have carried them daily, on a home-made sheath. Nowadays the sheath incorporates a modification to include a small light. I got started with SAK thanks to a Wenger Tool Chest that my dad gave me in 1983 when I was in college. That knife was stolen, but since then I've been hooked on SAKs.  :climber:

ToolsOut.jpg
* ToolsOut.jpg (Filesize: 414.21 KB)

ro Offline Corwyn

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: July 24, 2014, 06:16:08 PM
Happy birthdays, you nice, adorable and ow so generous people.

So many wonderful saks that I love:
  • a Tinker my first SAK ever (a gift from my girlfriend)
  • a Wenger Traveller Mel Ramos, such a pervy, sexy sak
  • a blue Wenger Evo S14 with Swiss Border patrol marking
  • a red Alox old cross Duo from the 1960s

But my favourite is the Signature Lite Silvertech. I saw it in the Zurich Airport and instantly fell in love with. It was the most beautifull thing I had ever seen. I churned out my food allowance ASAP to buy it and it has never left my side since.

Corwyn of Multitool, the First of His name, King of Victorinox, King of Leatherman, Gerber and the First Generation SOG, Lord of the Seven Wrenches, Protector of the Forum, Khal of the Bushes, called Corwyn Toolborn, the Unsharpened, Father of SAKs.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #27 on: July 24, 2014, 06:19:20 PM
Good luck everyone and a BIG Happy Birthday to Enki and Tim. 
Esse Quam Videri

us Offline Breezy12

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: July 24, 2014, 06:48:46 PM
happy birthday to Tim, Nikola, and of course MTo! :cheers:

fun fact: I also registered with this fine forum on July 31! (2 years ago) :D

I have to admit, when I checked my profile, I was surprised to see that I actually had enough posts in the Swiss Forum to qualify for this! :o all the same, I will sit this one out and leave these fine SAKs to someone who will get more use out of them. :cheers:

I told the story of my favorite/most special SAK in the "Reunited" giveaway that I recently held. It's an 84mm Tinker that was given to me on my 10th birthday. :) the knife had been well used by him, which made it all the more special for me, and it served me well for many years in Boy Scouts. :salute:

again, this is not an entry -- I just wanted to share my favorite SAK again. :) good luck to all! :cheers:

do Offline Blade runner

Triple birthday giveaway
Reply #29 on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:53 PM
Happy birthday....and thanks for the give away!

Pioneers are my favorite SAK, and this limited all black is the most special of all.Got it when I started collecting,
For a very fair price ( thanks again Tim), when it was sold out and my funds were very limited.

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD