Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Rdub934 January Power Challenge - SOG PowerLock

us Offline powernoodle

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Rdub934 January Power Challenge - SOG PowerLock
Reply #60 on: January 31, 2016, 04:58:23 AM
a referral to an orthopedic surgeon to get a ganglion cyst removed.

Next time, try this.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
  • Without POL, pilots are pedestrians
Reply #61 on: January 31, 2016, 05:23:23 AM
a referral to an orthopedic surgeon to get a ganglion cyst removed.

Next time, try this.

We were going to!!! My wife is an RN and she loves inflicting physical pain on me in the name of medicine (or any reason, really :rofl:) However, she decided it would not be a good idea since I have an additional issue with the same wrist - what eventually turned out to be tendinitis. Also, I mentioned this to my Doc, and she said it works, but that the shell of the cyst remains, and fills back up. The only way to get rid of it, is to have it removed.
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #62 on: January 31, 2016, 06:52:41 AM
Update. I changed my mind. I really don't feel like fooling with setting up the referral, and multiple appointments with the ortho surgeon. So I told my wife to grab a book. She giggled with excitement as she scampered into the closet. She came back with a terrifyingly huge nursing textbook.

Before:

After:

It totally worked! My wife completely nailed it first try. It hurt, lol. Apart from the stinging of the book hitting my skin, it was sort of a burning sensation at the site of the cyst. It went down almost exactly like in the above video. The knot has been really hard (I initially thought it was bone) but after smashing the bump is less noticeable and kind of more spread out, and it feels like jell-o. If it comes back, which I suspect it will, I will follow up with the orthopedist :tu:

The hit did not bother my other issue with the wrist. Good to go! :D
"I wanna introduce you to a very personal friend of mine. This is an M41A pulse rifle. Ten millimeter with over-and-under thirty millimeter pump action grenade launcher." - Cpl Hicks

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #63 on: January 31, 2016, 06:54:45 AM
:rofl: score one for the home team! Take that healthcare system!
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #64 on: January 31, 2016, 11:50:17 AM
I bet the wife was saving that old textbook for just such an occasion.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #65 on: January 31, 2016, 08:47:10 PM
Perhaps in celebration of successfully completing the January SOG Power Challenge :cheers: I decided to make some Rotel/Velveeta dip for some nachos today for lunch. Call in the can opener!

I think I figured something out with the infamous SOG can opener. I know that others have probably tried/known this, however, I am usually one of the last to the party :D It works much better to work around the can backwards, than forwards. The end result is much better - still a little jagged, but not nearly as nasty as I have ended up with in the past. Pretty much the same as what I end up with using Leatherman's combo opener.

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #66 on: January 31, 2016, 08:51:21 PM
Went for a little "MT-stuck-in-a-tree" photo op after I finished my nachos. The weather is really decent for central Montana this time of year with even a nice blue sky too boot  :tu:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #67 on: January 31, 2016, 08:53:37 PM
Dirty girl :-[ Multi-tool crotch shot

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #68 on: January 31, 2016, 09:00:06 PM

Ive noticed theres been a lot of personifing our SOGs as naughty women in this challenge...

Thoughts gentlemen?

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #69 on: January 31, 2016, 09:02:31 PM

Ive noticed theres been a lot of personifing our SOGs as naughty women in this challenge...

Thoughts gentlemen?

I have a dirty mind :salute: I dunno what everybody else's excuse is :rofl:

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #70 on: January 31, 2016, 09:43:17 PM

Thoughts gentlemen?

I'm just so lonely.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #71 on: February 01, 2016, 03:32:02 AM

Thoughts gentlemen?

I'm just so lonely.
Well theres always the PowerLocks cap crimper for those long, lonely nights...

Ill see myself out.

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #72 on: February 05, 2016, 10:03:59 PM
An interesting read mate, thank you and badge awarded.   :tu:   :tu:

us Offline rdub934

• No Life Club
Reply #73 on: February 05, 2016, 10:19:12 PM
Thanks for reading, zoidberg! And thanks for the sweet badge :salute:

us Offline ducttapetech

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.
Reply #74 on: March 11, 2016, 01:05:45 PM
I know I am a bit late, but I have been trying to catch up on the SOG forum and some others, anyways, what a great thread! Great pics also. I have really enjoyed reading it.
Also for the record, all of my SOGs are females and there is no sense in letting a dirty mind go to waste. Lmao!

That's us mobile

Nate

SEND IT!

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31