Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My first mod.....(not that impressive)

us Offline NetsNJ

My first mod.....(not that impressive)
on: January 28, 2016, 10:26:32 PM
Added scissors to a Kick.

It took more time than I anticipated, getting the right configuration of blades and washers so that everything would close but also be accessible.

:multi:

us Online SteveC

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: My first mod.....(not that impressive)
Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:30:56 PM
Good job  :cheers:

00 Offline kirk13

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 10:42:32 PM
Plus 1!

As you say,the time consuming bit is getting all the washers in the right order,but well done  :salute:
There is no beginning,or ending,and for this we are thankful,cos now is hard enough to understand!

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:07 PM
Nice job. Any issues with the scissor spring comming out of place? They are designed to work with a lock,  not the Kicks backspring. Just wondering if there are any issues there.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

gb Offline AimlessWanderer

• Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not a pessimist, I'm an experienced optimist!
Reply #4 on: January 28, 2016, 11:47:49 PM
Nice job. Any issues with the scissor spring comming out of place? They are designed to work with a lock,  not the Kicks backspring. Just wondering if there are any issues there.

I had no problem whatsoever when I did mine  :cheers:

The cantankerous but occasionally useful member, formally known as 50ft-trad

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #5 on: January 28, 2016, 11:52:07 PM

I see your point.  The scissor spring piece and blade piece have some interlocking tabs though (it is why they open and close together), so I don't think it is an issue so long as they are held together horizontally by the other tools/handles.

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 12:10:44 AM
Nice mod!  Makes the Kick a very nice EDC option I think.  Now that you've figured out the process, has it made you think about your next mod?  :pok: ;)

us Offline NetsNJ

Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 12:20:15 AM
Nice mod!  Makes the Kick a very nice EDC option I think.  Now that you've figured out the process, has it made you think about your next mod?  :pok: ;)

Haha, to be honest, not really.  I was just annoyed at all the empty space in the Kick.  Lots of thick washers.  One thing I've always loved about the PST is the density.  No wasted space.

But yeah it makes a nice EDC option now.  One of the few Leathermans that I'd consider pocketable. 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 12:22:45 AM by NetsNJ »

us Offline eddie1115

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 03:35:14 AM

Haha, to be honest, not really.  I was just annoyed at all the empty space in the Kick.  Lots of thick washers.  One thing I've always loved about the PST is the density.  No wasted space.

But yeah it makes a nice EDC option now.  One of the few Leathermans that I'd consider pocketable.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I had the same thoughts about my Sideclip which I added scissors to as well :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%