Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Modding the ParaTool

us Offline cody6268

• Absolutely No Life Club
Modding the ParaTool
on: February 07, 2016, 03:37:53 PM
I'm looking at buying a used and somewhat damaged (rust spot on file, bent small driver) ParaTool for $10 to modify.

My question is, will the tools for current production SOG Tools (Pocket PowerPlier, PowerLock) fit it?

Is $10 worth it?

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Re: Modding the ParaTool
Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 03:57:49 PM
Most everything from the current production will fit, but the newer saws and blades are a fraction of an inch too long (scissors are a no go as well). If you are comfortable grinding down the tips of the saw and blades, they will fit fine.

Now as far as is it worth $10? If you end up liking the tool, definitely.  But, personally, id stay away from it. The only real advantage of the Paratool over the competition is that it is fairly comfortable in plier mode. But, the inside tools are just ok, and the pliers have a tendency to fold in use (or, are difficult to open, depending on the tightness of the plier pivots)
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline neillcurrie

• Wanted: SpydeWrench
Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 06:50:54 PM
Rather than grinding down the tips on the longer tools I just ground a tiny bit of extra space in the handles for the tools to shut easily.

us Offline matt2silver

Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 04:01:06 PM
for 10 bucks you have nothing to loose.  The Paratool is an awesome tool and is honestly the one tool that i carry most often. in regards to the saw and scissors not fitting due to length, i modified the tool handles slightly using a Dremel to make room for the longer tools. (it's easy to do and I'd be more than happy to help you with it.) Snap that puppy up, and don't forget that SOG has a great warranty so I'm sure they'd be happy to help you fix it up so that you can get years of use and enjoyment from it.

Oh and if you decide you don't want it, or buy it and decide that it's not the tool for you, I'd be happy to take it off your hands for what you paid for it plus shipping  :D . I've been looking to pick up another Paratool to tinker with.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 06:41:52 PM by matt2silver »

us Offline Kampfer

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • Tactical Desk Jockey
Reply #4 on: February 11, 2016, 07:58:07 PM
EDC: Black Talon, Black Cat, Spirit, LD02

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00