Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Dropped my multitool.

us Offline Wanimator

Dropped my multitool.
on: February 09, 2016, 02:25:58 AM
I was showing somebody my Rebar and saying how I wish they would've added an interchangable tool system instead of the file + lanyard hole and scissors instead of a saw, and while in my non dominate hand it slipped and fell onto the kitchen floor denting it, no scratches or dents to the MT thankfully.

Have you ever had something like that happen to you or drop it?

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

• Absolutely No Life Club
Re: Dropped my multitool.
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 02:54:58 AM
October 17 1989 I dropped my Surge in San Francisco.

Was a bad day.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 02:57:54 AM

Was a bad day.
:facepalm:
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #3 on: February 09, 2016, 03:07:08 AM
I may have dropped Kampfer's Signal a couple weeks ago. Don't tell anyone. Especially not Kampfer.  :angel:

us Offline Higgins617

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 09, 2016, 03:13:57 AM
Dropped my MP600 on my bare foot.... went reaaallly well for me :facepalm:
I'm a total legend..... in my own mind- Herley

us Offline BASguy

Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 03:49:06 AM
Dropped a Rebar into a cooling tower sump.... It was a nail breaker anyway, so it deserved a burial at sea.

Sent from 9 miles from the face of the sun

us Offline Demel

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: February 09, 2016, 03:52:05 AM

Was a bad day.
:rofl:
"Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." -John Wooden

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 05:40:27 AM

Was a bad day.

As I tell the students in my concealed weapons courses, You should always crouch or kneel to pick something up from the ground, never bend over.  :whistle:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 05:43:37 AM by Alan K. »

us Offline HarleyXJGuy

Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 06:04:23 PM

Was a bad day.

As I tell the students in my concealed weapons courses, You should always crouch or kneel to pick something up from the ground, never bend over.  :whistle:

Should have picked a different earthquake location for my joke.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 06:39:38 PM

Was a bad day.

Like the time you dropped your Wave in Japan on March 11, 2011?

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Alan K.

• Thread Killer 2019
Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 06:51:10 PM

Was a bad day.

Of course, the Loma Prieta earthquake.  I don't know how I didn't recognize the date. What should have been a funny joke about a heavy MT went right over my head. I have relatives in California who were there and they even sent me a T-shirt.

nl Offline anditsgone

Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 09:31:11 PM
I dropped my Swisstool many times, luckily not with the knife or other thin tools deployed because they will probably break when dropped from a decent height.
I even threw the swisstool a couple of  times when the thing i was working on was not cooperating  :facepalm:
I did this only in plier or closed mode.

Let me tell you a stupid story, i was laying in bed and was prepared to go for a good night rest. I grabbed my swisstool from my nightstand and held it with stretched arms above my face, while i was admiring the beauty of the tool it slipped out of my hand and the 292 grams went full speed ahead in the direction of my face. I could barely avoid it.
Man that would have hurt. :P

SWISSTOOL TO THE FACE  :facepalm:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 09:32:14 PM by anditsgone »

us Offline Wanimator

Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 03:35:21 AM
I dropped my Swisstool many times, luckily not with the knife or other thin tools deployed because they will probably break when dropped from a decent height.
I even threw the swisstool a couple of  times when the thing i was working on was not cooperating  :facepalm:

Let me tell you a stupid story, i was laying in bed and was prepared to go for a good night rest. I grabbed my swisstool from my nightstand and held it with stretched arms above my face, while i was admiring the beauty of the tool it slipped out of my hand and the 292 grams went full speed ahead in the direction of my face. I could barely avoid it.

I've accidentally sent my SAK Tinker banging back and forth to the ground inbetween my desk and bed before. Thankfully the cellidor held up well and didn't get dented or gouged... If my Leatherman did that I would fear for the desk and wood of the bed... and the multitool to a similar extent. Good thing Leatherman come with little snail trail scratches from the way they handle them because I can be so obsessive compulsive about those things if I do them.

se Offline WiseDuck

• Quack!
Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 10:12:54 AM
I've dropped my now taken apart Dime and Minichamp a dozen times for sure. I keep my Minichamp on my keychain and it does have a few large scratches on the cellidor. I don't mind that at all, it'll get scratched the moment you hang it next to keys anyway. It still works fine and has a nice amount of wear to show that it has been used. Just like it should be.

us Offline Yadda

• No Life Club
  • Lifelike and remarkably self similar
Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 12:27:34 PM
... i was laying in bed and was prepared to go for a good night rest. I grabbed my swisstool from my nightstand and held it with stretched arms above my face,...

This could have gone in so many really bad directions..... :whistle: :rofl:
"It didn't hurt, flirt, blood squirt, stuffed shirt, hang me on a tree
After I count down three rounds, in Hell I'll be in good company" -  The Dead South

us Offline campussecurity

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 02:14:24 AM
Dropped my Cold Steel Voyager 5 1/2" knife while it was open into concrete. The tip was never the same and I could never sharpen it back out to how sharp it was before.

us Offline Wanimator

Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 05:04:52 AM
Dropped my Cold Steel Voyager 5 1/2" knife while it was open into concrete. The tip was never the same and I could never sharpen it back out to how sharp it was before.

*cough*Warranty*cough*...

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 02:52:25 PM
My Micra practically commits suicide off my key ring.

It'll fly about 20 feet every time, or atleast to the nearest vehicle so it can stop tumbling directly underneath it.

us Offline clown

• No Life Club
  • Learn to swim...
Reply #18 on: February 12, 2016, 04:53:58 AM
Oh man I've dropped my ST300 more times than I can count off ladders at work.  From 16' up a few times.  You'd never know it though.  That tool is a beast!

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #19 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:05 PM

I've accidentally sent my SAK Tinker banging back and forth to the ground inbetween my desk and bed before. Thankfully the cellidor held up well and didn't get dented or gouged... If my Leatherman did that I would fear for the desk and wood of the bed... and the multitool to a similar extent. Good thing Leatherman come with little snail trail scratches from the way they handle them because I can be so obsessive compulsive about those things if I do them.

Yeah...

Show content
Keep writing stuff like this and don't be surprised if your posts get removed...

:whistle:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #20 on: February 12, 2016, 01:18:14 PM

Was a bad day.

Of course, the Loma Prieta earthquake.  I don't know how I didn't recognize the date. What should have been a funny joke about a heavy MT went right over my head. I have relatives in California who were there and they even sent me a T-shirt.

I failed to see the first joke, too...

Show content
More surprisingly, I never saw the second, either...

:facepalm:

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: February 12, 2016, 05:14:43 PM

Yeah...

Show content
Keep writing stuff like this and don't be surprised if your posts get removed...

:whistle:
Thank you for pointing that out :rofl:

us Offline Wanimator

Reply #22 on: February 18, 2016, 03:55:26 AM
Don't worry I set up a little catch from a flexible guide book in there so nothing will slide down off of the desk again I hope.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: February 18, 2016, 08:24:26 PM
Don't worry I set up a little catch from a flexible guide book in there so nothing will slide down off of the desk again I hope.
Woosh

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%