Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leathermanholders.com

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Leathermanholders.com
on: May 08, 2016, 03:49:14 PM
I really hate to do this, but I don't have much choice.

Over a month ago I was approached by Justin at Leathermanholders.com about purchasing advertising here on the forum. I was intrigued by the product and I deducted the cost of two sheaths from the cost of the ad space for him, intending to review them and perhaps give one (or both) away to members.

His (discounted) paid month completed and I still have not received the sheaths. 

I have sent Justin a couple of emails to let him know they never arrived, and he has never responded.  I cannot make a Paypal claim since I never "bought" the sheaths, but rather deducted their cost from the advertising fee.

The result is, he has screwed this forum out of money (not a lot, it's a principle thing here) and offered absolutely no customer service.

I would seriously warn any members thinking of purchasing from leathermanholders.com to look elsewhere, or at the very least, make sure they are protected by Paypal's policies.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Aloha

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Re: Leathermanholders.com
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2016, 04:04:35 PM
Never ceases to amaze me how careless people can be.  Dude make it right and apologize at the very least. 
Esse Quam Videri

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #2 on: May 08, 2016, 04:17:07 PM
You'd be surprised how many people that make things don't know anything about actually doing business or customer service. 

Weird and lame.  Was it too complicated to ship to Canada? 
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2016, 05:06:00 PM
I say we all call the number listed until he answers one of us.

cy Offline dks

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Bored
Reply #4 on: May 08, 2016, 06:50:11 PM
Makes gear*, T* and bang* look good  :rofl:
Kelly: "Daddy, what makes men cheat on women?
Al : "Women!"

[ Knife threads ]  [ Country shopping guides ]  [ Battery-Charger-Light threads ]  [ Picture threads ]

us Offline powernoodle

Reply #5 on: May 08, 2016, 07:13:30 PM
I bet that you will receive the sheaths eventually, along with a (lame) excuse like "sorry, your emails were sent to my spam folder" or some such.  I ordered one of his sheaths off eBay and received it pronto.  After using it, I prefer the standard nylon or leather, but that's just me.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2016, 02:10:42 PM
You'd be surprised how many people that make things don't know anything about actually doing business or customer service. 

Weird and lame.  Was it too complicated to ship to Canada?

I have no idea if cross border shipping was an issue or not.

Never ceases to amaze me how careless people can be.  Dude make it right and apologize at the very least. 

I'm not trying to suggest that I'm special in any sort of way, but seriously, if you are going to surf someone over with a new product, maybe a forum owner (or anyone who is familiar with forums and social media) shouldn't be on your list.   ::)

I bet that you will receive the sheaths eventually, along with a (lame) excuse like "sorry, your emails were sent to my spam folder" or some such.  I ordered one of his sheaths off eBay and received it pronto.  After using it, I prefer the standard nylon or leather, but that's just me.

I doubt that- it was part of the email chain that we were discussing his ad, and that managed to happen easily enough.

Makes gear*, T* and bang* look good  :rofl:

I'm not sure if it does, or just lowers him down to their level..... :P

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline Sazabi

Reply #7 on: May 09, 2016, 03:55:30 PM
I'm not trying to suggest that I'm special in any sort of way

Dude, don't sell yourself short.

us Offline NKlamerus

• No Life Club
  • Captain's Apprentice
Reply #8 on: May 12, 2016, 04:02:04 PM
Any update?

Is there anything we can do? How do you feel about us leaving a review?

I see no problem in writing a review based on service instead of the product itseld

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: May 12, 2016, 11:43:48 PM
Still no sign of the sheaths or response from Justin.

I think it's great if someone wants to review the sheath, but I don't think it is necessary to trash him more than I already have by posting a review of this lapse of service.  I've said my piece, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:27:16 PM
Just to update this, a member has contacted Leathermanholders.Com and linked to this thread.  I won't go into the details, however Justin was surprised and insisted his customer service was top notch.

I have yet to be contacted about the situation, and so I felt it best to extend the olive branch rather than just assume the whole situation is a failure.  I have just sent him a third email, and I hope that things can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I'm posting here as well in hopes that if my emails are somehow being marked as spam (after a lengthy exchange earlier) that Justin will check back here and see this and attempt to contact me. 

Def

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 04:54:01 PM
I guess my latest email succeeded where others have failed.

His response:

I'm sorry they haven't been delivered yet. Tracking does not exist for shipping internationally, I can only see when it is received in customs. I sent your sheaths a few weeks back. Please let me know when you receive them.

I suppose I will keep waiting and see.

Def

nz Offline zoidberg

• Global Moderator
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #12 on: May 19, 2016, 05:23:34 PM
Do I have this right?

Insisted his customer service is top notch.
Then palms you off with a lame excuse email.
No indication of paying up.

My mail arrives okay and look where I live.

ch Offline Etherealicer

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #13 on: May 19, 2016, 05:44:25 PM

His response:

I'm sorry they haven't been delivered yet. Tracking does not exist for shipping internationally, I can only see when it is received in customs. I sent your sheaths a few weeks back. Please let me know when you receive them.

Def
:rofl:

If you can track it to the border, you can track it all the way
It wouldn't be the internet without people complaining.

ca Offline Toolslinger

• Thread Killer 2015
  • No Life Club
  • Ser Tool the Slinger, The Tool That Rides
Reply #14 on: May 19, 2016, 06:05:42 PM

His response:

Def
:rofl:

If you can track it to the border, you can track it all the way

^ Bingo

This is especially true as USPS and Canada Post cooperate to make it work. There can be some delay between the systems for updates when it's in a foreign country, but they do still track it.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • SAK Surgeon
Reply #15 on: May 19, 2016, 06:06:16 PM
I buy saks on ebay 3 at a time with 9 dollar shipping and it comes with tracking. :whistle:  From the US to canada.  Just saying.....
PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #16 on: May 19, 2016, 06:42:43 PM
Well, we can always learn from every situation. (If there is a) Next time, treat things separately: paying for ads in the site is one transaction, buying a couple of sheaths is another.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #17 on: May 19, 2016, 08:01:52 PM
Well, we can always learn from every situation. (If there is a) Next time, treat things separately: paying for ads in the site is one transaction, buying a couple of sheaths is another.

This forum qualifies as a small business (although I think it is more accurately classed as a non-profit organization! :P) and I understand small businesses trying to make things work with tight margins.  I thought that by purchasing a couple of sheaths I could review them and drum up some interest for him, increasing his sales enough that he might want to continue advertising here.  It should have been a win/win.

I am all for working with people to build businesses, and indeed if the sheaths should show up, I will review them on their own merit, and thank Justin for coming through.  Delays happen, and that is understandable.

Def

pt Offline pfrsantos

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Oxygen and magnesium toghether?! OMg!
Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 08:31:58 PM

This forum qualifies as a small business (although I think it is more accurately classed as a non-profit organization! :P) and I understand small businesses trying to make things work with tight margins.  I thought that by purchasing a couple of sheaths I could review them and drum up some interest for him, increasing his sales enough that he might want to continue advertising here.  It should have been a win/win.

I am all for working with people to build businesses, and indeed if the sheaths should show up, I will review them on their own merit, and thank Justin for coming through.  Delays happen, and that is understandable.

Def

Though not wanting to be part of your sig, I agree with that. I just think that if you had bought the sheaths instead of deducing their cost from what he paid, you could have Paypal refund your money. If everything went smooth, he'd receive the money and only paid the same he did when you gave him the discount.

Everyone would have paid/received the same amount but you'd have some protection in case things went sour.

I don't have OCD, I have OCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.

I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

Eff the ineffable, scrut the inscrutable.

IYCRTYSWTMTFOT

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #19 on: May 19, 2016, 09:42:52 PM
You are absolutely correct.  However I usually try to work things out the easiest way possible.  This was simplest so I did it this way.  Live and learn- I guess I'll be sure to do them properly next time.

Def

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #20 on: May 31, 2016, 08:03:19 AM
I am just seeing this. I am surprised that you are having any trouble. I contacted him some time ago about creating a holster for my OG Wave. He asked me to send him my Wave, which I reluctantly did. He sent my Wave back along with a newly made holster. Using mine as a model allowed him to set up production for the OG Wave holster that he now sells.

Our communications were fine. I hope this gets resolved soon!

1460489493878.jpg
* 1460489493878.jpg (Filesize: 61.06 KB)

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: May 31, 2016, 10:40:58 AM
I have a bit more time now, would like to elaborate more...

I have been following Justin and his products for a bit now. It started when I stumbled across his holster for the new Wave on etsy.com.  I liked what I saw because i was very interested in the Adam savage model for the Wave.

I contacted Justin about making one for my older Wave. We emailed back and forth, with me sending pictures and measurements for my OG Wave. Eventually the decision was to have me send him my Wave. I checked into him and he seemed to be a legit business person, so I sent it in.

After some time, he sent it back with the holster you see pictured above.  At that time he offered 2 styles, regular with no holes in the sides, and tactical like mine. He offered two finishes, smooth or textured and in either shiny black, flat black or a flat brown color.

At that time he only was selling items for the two Wave models, but planning to offer holsters for the Rebar and Charge.  Now he offers for the OG Wave, new Wave, Supertool 300, Surge, Charge and Rebar. Also other brands...

He is also selling on eBay and has all positive feedback.  So I am here, I guess, to somewhat defend him.  I have had nothing but positive dealings with him. eBay feedback is all positive. I really don't think he is trying to screw anyone over, but that is my opinion based on my experience with him...

Just some food for thought...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: June 01, 2016, 04:18:31 AM
I am not saying everyone will have these problems with him.  I am saying that I have had these problems with him.  There's no need to defend him, I am not attacking him.

I simply stated the facts, and that I had a very unfortunate amd displeasing experience.  If he'd responded to my emails, all of this could have been avoided.

Def

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #23 on: June 01, 2016, 04:49:19 AM
    I sort of wondered why anyone would want a metal sheath, it has to rattle and is there any retention security?
    Seen his website as www.raegearusa.com with heavy scripting in use.

As for him stating one cannot track internationally, who the heck is he kidding? There's tracking from Nepal, tracking from the outback of Australia. Arctica and Antarctica I'm not sure about... :think: Guess he never heard of DHL? Oh, so much for top notch service. Probably used media rate snail mail. :ahhh
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

us Offline WoodsDuck

• No Life Club
  • Duck!
Reply #24 on: June 01, 2016, 05:56:11 AM
Scripts? What scripts?  :think:

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: June 01, 2016, 06:24:32 AM
I am not saying everyone will have these problems with him.  I am saying that I have had these problems with him.  There's no need to defend him, I am not attacking him.

I simply stated the facts, and that I had a very unfortunate amd displeasing experience.  If he'd responded to my emails, all of this could have been avoided.

Def
I didn't mean anything against you. Just tossing out some info.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

us Offline zrxoa1

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: June 01, 2016, 09:47:40 AM
    I sort of wondered why anyone would want a metal sheath, it has to rattle and is there any retention security?
    Seen his website as www.raegearusa.com with heavy scripting in use.

As for him stating one cannot track internationally, who the heck is he kidding? There's tracking from Nepal, tracking from the outback of Australia. Arctica and Antarctica I'm not sure about... :think: Guess he never heard of DHL? Oh, so much for top notch service. Probably used media rate snail mail. :ahhh
There's no rattling and the tool is held in place very snugly...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

de Offline lowtech

• No Life Club
Reply #27 on: June 01, 2016, 01:59:46 PM
I cannot say anything about the holders or teh guy running teh business, but I am curious what scripting does mean in this case?! I´m not the hottest computer jockey out there (hence my username...) so can someone enlighten me?

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #28 on: June 06, 2016, 05:04:54 AM
I cannot say anything about the holders or teh guy running teh business, but I am curious what scripting does mean in this case?! I´m not the hottest computer jockey out there (hence my username...) so can someone enlighten me?
Mediocre computer jockey here, also interested in the whole scripting thing, and its significance.
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

us Offline Outback in Idaho

• Not all those who wander are lost.
Reply #29 on: June 06, 2016, 05:11:12 AM
   Too much for too little, and way too much trafficking. After 14 refeshes using NoScript the page loaded, and all the crap that came with it. Took an hour to remove all the cookies. Was wondering if I should of sand-boxed the web site.

Way too much garbage for mouse-overs.
¬ Outback in Idaho

Behind every mask there is a face, behind that a story.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
March Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: $379.86
PayPal Fees: $19.62
Net Balance: $360.24
Above Goal: $60.24
Site Currency: USD
120%