Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Very little mod. Thanks jcs0001!

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Very little mod. Thanks jcs0001!
on: August 18, 2016, 11:50:39 AM
Received the A100 from jcs0001 (what a cool guy!)   :think:
Just put a small flathead screwdriver on a Kershaw A100 which had a fake, Chinese cheapo blade put (not by jcs0001! of course) instead of the original high quality and well made blade from Kershaw.

Having a dedicated folder and a SAK/MT with some kind of blade it seemed redundant to me, so with the proper bolt...

(had to be hexagonal so that the tool could close like with the original factory pivot, which broke from so much tinkering and manipulations).

The implement works nicely, easy to access, moves smoothly and the improvised pivot acts as planned, allowing the closing mechanism to properly engage the hexagonal head.

Improved versatility! :thumbup:
Thanks again to the fellow forumite, it was a nice experience and excellent trade!

« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:52:37 AM by ThePeacent »
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

us Offline Poncho65

• Global Moderator
  • Just Bananas
Re: Very little mod. Thanks jcs0001!
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 04:07:17 PM
Nice mod Peacent :cheers:

ca Offline jcs0001

Reply #2 on: August 18, 2016, 04:08:54 PM
Looks good.  What tool was the screw driver from originally?

I figured the blade on that multitool (and a lot of others) is a bit overrated as it's easy to carry a much better one in a separate folder.  That should work out good for you.

John.

us Offline sLaughterMed

• No Life Club
  • Nothing's typical around here
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2016, 08:19:00 PM
Neat mod!
Laughter is the best Medicine
Slaughter is just Laughter with an "S"

We are looking for Multitool Encyclopedia Editors! If you are interested, please give me a PM!

The Multitool Encyclopedia Editing for Dummies Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65751.0.html
Multitool Encyclopedia Suggested Edits Page: http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,65746.0.html

es Offline ThePeacent

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Firm believer of Sturgeon's Law
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2016, 02:19:19 PM
Looks good.  What tool was the screw driver from originally?

I figured the blade on that multitool (and a lot of others) is a bit overrated as it's easy to carry a much better one in a separate folder.  That should work out good for you.

John.

The space was ocuppied by a Chinese cheap stainless steel 440 or 420 steel blade. Badly tempered and not the original one that Kershaw put in the tool. I was aware of that prior to the trade, of course, but I decided to take it out as it was really low grade stuff.
My toys:

MTs: Surge (2x), Skeletool CX, Rebar, Blast, Fuse, Micra, Squirt (3x), Wave, Crunch, Mini, Spirit (2x), Pro Scout, MP700 (2x), Diesel, Powerlock, PowerPlier (2x), PocketPowerPlier, Blacktip , ST6 (2x), 5WR, A100

SAKs: Bantam, Executive, Ambassador, Minichamp, Classic Alox, Champion, Farmer, Explorer, Swisschamp, Golf Tool, Wenger Champ, EVO 52, Pocket Tool Chest

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD
50%