Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

BBB

marduk · 10 · 2009

Offline marduk

BBB
on: October 28, 2012, 02:02:05 PM
I recently received a note from a large dealer on ebay advising me that Victorinox USA is no longer accredited by the Better Business Bureau & received a C rating on a scale of A+ to F. I checked BBB's web site and learned that the low rating was a result of the company's poor record of customer complaints. I may be wrong, but I suspect this is the result of problems w/its watch division, not with SAK's. But it does blemish somewhat the Victorinox name.

ca Offline Syph007

• Global Moderator
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • SAK Surgeon
Re: BBB
Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 02:26:34 PM
Ya it doenst really say what product line they were halving problems with, but I cant imagine it being the knives.

http://www.bbb.org/connecticut/business-reviews/watches-service-and-repair/victorinox-swiss-army-in-monroe-ct-41000798

PM me or email sakmodder [at] gmail . com if you are looking for custom SAK work.

Modding thread : Here
Facebook : SAKModder
Instagram : robertjlessard
Youtube : www.youtube.com/robertjlessard

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 02:43:21 PM
That is quite a shock.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ColoSwiss

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 08:08:24 PM
Five complaints in three years. Wonder how many million items (knives, watches, luggage, etc.) they sold in that time?

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 09:53:39 PM
Five seems very low compared to their sales volume, I wonder if the BBB takes that into account.  If not, they should.

Although, if my experience with CT's warranty dept is indicative of their normal mode of operation, I can understand the complaints.  I was NOT impressed at all  :twak:
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2012, 11:27:49 PM
It's been a long day and I'm drawing a blank. What happened?

Def

Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 11:37:44 PM
Five complaints in three years. Wonder how many million items (knives, watches, luggage, etc.) they sold in that time?
Yes, but see the Complaint Breakdown: 2 of the complaints resolved with BBB assistance, 1 failed to resolve and in 2 did not receive a response!
That's not the right professional behavior of a authorized dealer, especially for the magnitude of Victorinox.
I agree that evaluation is rigorous, especially if they did not calculate the sales volume.
But if it's to improve customer service and product warranties, it is worth it.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2012, 11:41:21 PM by MARIOS7319 »

us Offline gustophersmob

• No Life Club
  • <><
Reply #7 on: October 28, 2012, 11:59:12 PM
It's been a long day and I'm drawing a blank. What happened?

Def

I don't think I ever wrote a post about it that I can recall :think:

I sent in an old cross red pioneer that had a lazy awl, meaning it would flop open and closed on its own, and both the openers were nail breakers. I asked them to repair it rather than replace, as it was the version with the unpolished tools.  I got it back and all they had done was sharpen the main blade.  I had included a note describing the problems and offered to pay if not covered under warranty.

So, I sent it again with a note explaining what had happened.  Got it back with grease all over it.  Not the usual lubricating oil, but white grease, all over the scales even.  Still not fixed.  I figured it wasn't worth pursuing at that point.  Cleaned off the grease and left it be.

I think I gifted it to a member here for parts later on.

Not the end of the world, but not very impressive service either.

EDIT:  I should add that this hasn't negatively affected my opinion of Vic.  Still my favorite knife manufacturer.  I was also expecting this going in as I had heard the Connecticut service dept wasn't as good as sending it to Switzerland.  The knife just wasn't worth the round the world trip.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 12:01:28 AM by gustophersmob »
If the trees blew down the wind and no one was around, would the alphabet song really go backwards?

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 12:09:21 AM
Usually (at least in my experience) the folks in Connecticut send stuff they can't handle on to Switzerland, or at least send you back a new one with your old one and a letter detailing why they can't fix it. 

Them sending back a slippery, sharper version would really bug me.

Def

gr Offline MARIOS7319

• Happiness depends upon ourselves. Aristotle
Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 12:22:44 AM
I sent in an old cross red pioneer that had a lazy awl, meaning it would flop open and closed on its own, and both the openers were nail breakers. I asked them to repair it rather than replace, as it was the version with the unpolished tools.  I got it back and all they had done was sharpen the main blade.  I had included a note describing the problems and offered to pay if not covered under warranty.

So, I sent it again with a note explaining what had happened.  Got it back with grease all over it.  Not the usual lubricating oil, but white grease, all over the scales even.  Still not fixed.  I figured it wasn't worth pursuing at that point.  Cleaned off the grease and left it be.

That it will not happened if you had sent it to Switzerland, but i don't understand if they couldn't repaired it, why they didn't sent it themselves to Switzerland? ???

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%