Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

USPS AGAIN!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Re: USPS AGAIN!
Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 12:14:01 AM
Ignoring my pet rant about the fee Royal Mail charge on anything that has a customs tax, I must say I've had very few problems sending or receiving and I've sent and received a lot of stuff in the last few years.

There are certain countries I've had problems getting stuff in to but on the receiving end the only issues I've had are where stuff hasn't been packaged properly.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 11:08:17 AM
I have so little faith in the postal system these days  :(

They "lose" things far too often for my liking and half the time they don't even bother to try and deliver stuff, just leave it at the sorting office and put a card through the door saying I have to take the time and expense to collect something. Thus making us do the work for a service which they been paid for. It REALLY pisses me off. :rant:

I thought it was a local problem, here :/

do you know half the sellers on ebay need special insurance or shipping, or write directly "we don't ship to Italy"?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:09:57 AM by sardauker »

scotland Offline Nikos

• No Life Club
  • Why is it doing that?
Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 11:28:23 AM
Yeah, the Italian PO seems quite notorious. Is it just the posties being lazy or are there packages lost further up the delivery line?

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 12:55:30 PM
Yeah, the Italian PO seems quite notorious. Is it just the posties being lazy or are there packages lost further up the delivery line?

Lazy, most of all. In the last five years, at home or not, I had only notifications; none bothered to try to deliver a box bigger than a book to my address.
Yep, maybe there's some "smart people" that, after receiving an untracked parcel, claimed a loss; but I've heard too many complaints about "accidental" rippings of envelopes, "losses" of boxes... I had a packet from Japan that had been inspected "too closely"; luckily, the keyboard that was inside was Palm-only, so they sent me after taping the envelope.
I think there are too many lazy people (custom offices... I had to place sooo many complaints...) and nearly as many that think that what they deliver can integrate their incomes.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $160.46
PayPal Fees: $9.45
Net Balance: $151.01
Below Goal: $148.99
Site Currency: USD
50%