Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Kind've bummed. (O.T.)

us Offline LatinoHeat

• The man with the plan and the really nice tan.
Re: Kind've bummed. (O.T.)
Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 03:51:40 AM
on a lighter note, you could have a career on professional wrestling you already have a stage name "Gatorminator" :D

I already DID have a career in pro wrestling.  I was a manager, Handsome Johnny Angel, here in the Florida independent shows.  LOL

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 04:26:18 AM
 :think:

Perhaps use your talents, and knowledge of gators, in an business that specializes in Gator/croc relocation. 
The only serious change is there may be more technology used in that job.

It's what the late Steve Erwin did before he became a celebrity :tu:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 05:58:22 AM
on a lighter note, you could have a career on professional wrestling you already have a stage name "Gatorminator" :D

I already DID have a career in pro wrestling.  I was a manager, Handsome Johnny Angel, here in the Florida independent shows.  LOL

Now thats what I call an interesting life  :D
:think:

Perhaps use your talents, and knowledge of gators, in an business that specializes in Gator/croc relocation. 
The only serious change is there may be more technology used in that job.

It's what the late Steve Erwin did before he became a celebrity :tu:

+1, have seen your picture, you definitely have the looks (meant that in the manly manest way possible). You could be the next non Caucasian wild life celebrity.
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 01:32:13 PM

Good grief, what else have you done!
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 01:59:25 PM

Hmm.... let's see.  Of note, I have been a wedding singer, Opera singer (I studied it and performed it in college), martial arts instructor, worked in a funeral home picking up, dropping off, embalming, and preparing bodies (got some crazy stories from THAT job), and was a costume character for children's birthday parties.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 04:04:41 PM

Hmm.... let's see.  Of note, I have been a wedding singer, Opera singer (I studied it and performed it in college), martial arts instructor, worked in a funeral home picking up, dropping off, embalming, and preparing bodies (got some crazy stories from THAT job), and was a costume character for children's birthday parties.

You know how to embalm, I heard that embalmers are very in demand in the States. Man with your various expertise and most of them are unusual I think you have no problem finding something. :tu:
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

england Offline Dunc

• Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Aggressive in defence
Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 06:37:14 PM
Really sorry to here your bad news  :( With all your knowledge with Gators and reptiles do you think you can find work in a similar enviroment ? or do you fancy a change ?

Dunc

us Offline BIG-TARGET

• No Life Club
  • "Survival must be earned"-Klingon Proverb
Reply #37 on: June 15, 2009, 01:24:08 AM

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass.  BUT!!!  What haven't you done?  Perhaps look in that direction!  Do something that you have no experience in.  It's at nleast new, challenging, and rewarding in ways money can never fulfill :tu:
"Some rise by sin, and some by virtue fall;
 Some run from breaks of ice, and answer none:
 And some condemned for a fault alone." -William Shakespeare, King Lear (1608), Act IV, scene 6, line 169

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 02:34:13 AM
I've been laid off a couple times,and no matter what the circumstances,it still stings...no, it SUCKS. Be a teacher,you've got more real world experience in zoology and biology than some Ph.Ds,and when you're students find out you've been a gator wrestler,I'm sure discipline problems will trail off to zero.
I

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 02:57:22 AM

Well, I've helped embalm in the past.  However, in order to do it yourself, you have to be certified.  You have to go to mortuary school and all that.  Plus, it's like being a doctor.  You are always on call, and I couldn't deal with that, you know?  However, it is a good career.  No batter how things get, there will always be business.

You know how to embalm, I heard that embalmers are very in demand in the States. Man with your various expertise and most of them are unusual I think you have no problem finding something. :tu:

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 03:01:48 AM
Really sorry to here your bad news  :( With all your knowledge with Gators and reptiles do you think you can find work in a similar enviroment ? or do you fancy a change ?

Dunc

I'm kind've on the fence on this.  I mean, my body is screaming for me to stop, since it is a very physical line of work, and I've been doing it for so long that a change might be in order.  However, it is knowledge and a set of skills that not everyone has, so it would be a shame to let it go to waste.  I'm still debating this topic.

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #41 on: June 15, 2009, 03:03:10 AM

I've thought about this.  Like I said in the previous post, I am not sure what to do right now.  I mean, yes, I can stay with what I know, but it certainly IS rewarding to go into something as a complete novice and learn it all over again. 

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass.  BUT!!!  What haven't you done?  Perhaps look in that direction!  Do something that you have no experience in.  It's at nleast new, challenging, and rewarding in ways money can never fulfill :tu:

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #42 on: June 15, 2009, 03:04:33 AM
I've been laid off a couple times,and no matter what the circumstances,it still stings...no, it SUCKS. Be a teacher,you've got more real world experience in zoology and biology than some Ph.Ds,and when you're students find out you've been a gator wrestler,I'm sure discipline problems will trail off to zero.

I actually am looking into teaching.  With the teachers shortage here in Florida, it is a possibility, and like you said, what I lack in titles and initials after my name, I make up for in real life knowledge and experience.  I am definitely looking into this.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #43 on: June 15, 2009, 04:17:47 AM

I actually am looking into teaching.  With the teachers shortage here in Florida, it is a possibility, and like you said, what I lack in titles and initials after my name, I make up for in real life knowledge and experience.  I am definitely looking into this.

You'll never get rich being a teacher, but the rewards more than make up for it :)

(I mean the good benefits and the summers off of course!) :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #44 on: June 15, 2009, 04:28:47 AM
And on a bad day, dealing with a classroom full of students can seem awfully like wrestling gators.  :D
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

us Offline LatinoHeat

Reply #45 on: June 15, 2009, 05:37:48 AM
And on a bad day, dealing with a classroom full of students can seem awfully like wrestling gators.  :D

Tell me about it, Chako.  I have worked with kids before, and they can ABSOLUTELY be terrifying!!   :ahhh

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #46 on: June 15, 2009, 11:00:39 AM

Tell me about it, Chako.  I have worked with kids before, and they can ABSOLUTELY be terrifying!!   :ahhh

But marginally less likely to rip you arm off.  ;)
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #47 on: June 15, 2009, 06:30:20 PM

But marginally less likely to rip you arm off.  ;)

Not where I work.  :D
I'm back!!

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #48 on: June 15, 2009, 09:46:49 PM
I sometimes feel more like a Chimp wrangler than a teacher :)
Prone to daydreaming.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #49 on: June 15, 2009, 11:09:02 PM
I thought those professions were one in the same?  They certainly were when I was in school!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
Reply #50 on: June 16, 2009, 01:44:19 AM

I actually am looking into teaching.  With the teachers shortage here in Florida, it is a possibility, and like you said, what I lack in titles and initials after my name, I make up for in real life knowledge and experience.  I am definitely looking into this.

It would be Cool to be the Cool teacher  8)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #51 on: June 16, 2009, 01:53:43 AM
The only problem with cool teachers...their classroom management mostly sucks, meaning they have the roughest go of any teacher on a daily basis. Kids love to do what they want. Most times, it isn't what the teacher wants lol. Overall cool teachers are enablers. There are the odd exception.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32