Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Remembering Honey Girl: 12/20/94-6/23/07

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Remembering Honey Girl: 12/20/94-6/23/07
on: June 23, 2009, 08:06:08 AM
Tomorrow will be two years since I lost my Honey girl. I still miss her every single day but time has a way of healing that just can't be explained. Most of the time I think of the good memories that I have, but still the loss is there and a empty hole is left. :(

I hope to see you again one day my Honey Bunz. I will never forget you!

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

Offline JohnD

Re: Remembering Honey Girl: 12/20/94-6/23/07
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 08:11:35 AM
Sorry for your loss GG  :( That looks like a beautiful dog. I too lost a Dog last year, i will never forget him.
"

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:17:29 AM
Sorry for your loss GG  :( That looks like a beautiful dog. I too lost a Dog last year, i will never forget him.

Thanks John! I'm sorry for your loss as well. :(

hn Offline cliosguy

• No Life Club
  • no nacimos con miedo...
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 08:46:21 AM
sorry for your loss mate, i have waved to dogs good bye last year :(
A

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:50:50 AM
sorry for your loss mate, i have waved to dogs good bye last year :(

Thank you! Wow, two dogs... I'm sorry for your loss. :( 

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 09:31:17 AM
Really sorry to hear that fella's :(
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 09:35:13 AM
She looks like she was a real sweetheart, GG. I know you will see her again one day.

Perhaps you might consider adopting a dog from your local shelter? I know that Honey Girl can never be replaced and would never suggest such a thing.

It just seems like you could provide a dog in need with an excellent, loving home. And you might enjoy a little company too.  :)

I'll say a little prayer for Honey Girl.  :salute:
[

gb Offline Magic Bus

• No Life Club
  • Ruler of the E01 society!!
Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 01:22:33 PM
It's all to easy to get really attached to Man's Best Friend. I miss having one around and quite often think about getting another.
Gabba gabba hey!!

us Offline Crouton

• No Life Club
  • "Live long and ..useful."
Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 02:50:04 PM
My condolences brother.
:)

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 04:00:24 PM
They are Man's Best Friend for a reason... I have had a few dogs in my time, with two at the moment.  Chinook is getting on in years and I am not looking forward to him slowing down, getting sick or passing on although I know it has to happen.  The last one that passed on me was perhaps the hardest thing I've ever had to deal with, as he wasn't just my dog, he was my partner when we worked security together.  He was also more like a Siamese twin rather than a dog as he went with me everywhere... and I mean everywhere.  When I'd go to the washroom, he'd get up, follow me in there, wait till I was done then follow me back out.  If I was in there for a while, he'd fall asleep on the bath mat.  Same if I was in the tub.  He really was the closest and best friend I'll ever have, and I make a donation to the local animal shelter on his birthday and the anniversary of his passing since he was a shelter dog.

In fact, he died on the way to the vet's office to have him put down, saving me a fair chunk of change.  When I dropped his remains off at the vet to be cremated, I went straight to the animal shelter and donated all the money we didn't use on him to the shelter, then went on a small shopping spree at the local pet shop, all of which (except for a bag of cookies for Chinook) went right to the shelter as well.

It's taken several years for me to get over it, and I don't think I'm really there, and really, I doubt I ever will be.  The only thing I can think of that's harder than going through illness and the passing of a friend is the thought of so many dogs in shelters that never have the opportunity to have a life and a family before it's their time.  So, even though I'm not sure I was ready for another dog, we adopted a 30 pound, 12 week old shepherd/rotti cross named Daisy.  That was about a year ago, and she's currently 120 pounds and shaping up to be a fantastic dog in her own right.

My condolences on Honey Girl- she looks like she was a real sweetie, and I can see how she could get to you.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 04:49:14 PM
Sorry for your loss guys.  Loosing anyone is hard, the fact it's a dog is neither here-nor-there.  Chin-up and remember all the happy times.  :salute:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 07:16:22 PM
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words.  I have to tell you a funny story. When my wife and I were looking for a dog I told her I wanted a big dog, a man's dog!  :D My wife said she wanted a Dachshund and of course I finally gave in. When we first got Honey I was embarrassed to walk down the street with her. Here I was 6'2" 300+ walking a 12 pound Dachshund, it was a sight to be seen for sure.  :rofl: :rofl:  Needless to say Honey stole my heart and I didn't care what anyone thought about us, she was my girl.  :)

My wife and I will be getting a dog in the near future as I think the time is right.  :tu:

gb Offline Craig

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 07:19:38 PM
Condolences :(

Glad to hear you're getting another one.
Prone to daydreaming.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 07:41:50 PM
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words.  I have to tell you a funny story. When my wife and I were looking for a dog I told her I wanted a big dog, a man's dog!  :D My wife said she wanted a Dachshund and of course I finally gave in. When we first got Honey I was embarrassed to walk down the street with her. Here I was 6'2" 300+ walking a 12 pound Dachshund, it was a sight to be seen for sure.  :rofl: :rofl:   Needless to say Honey stole my heart and I didn't care what anyone thought about us, she was my girl.  :)

My wife and I will be getting a dog in the near future as I think the time is right.  :tu:

Heh.  We have 2 Ridgebacks and 3 Jack Russells.  The larger Ridgeback (Joey Ramone) is 120-130 lbs.  Jimmy Dean (one of the Jacks) is 16 lbs.  Yet when I go out for a run, Joey is good for a slow jog of 2 miles or so, the other Ridgeback is good for 4-5 miles at pace. 

Jimmy? Jimmy will run a full 10K (6.2 miles) in the heat of the day without a problem.  The two Ridgebacks?  when we get home from their run, they're out for several hours.

:tu: for Honey Girl!  :cheers:

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 07:46:15 PM
Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words.  I have to tell you a funny story. When my wife and I were looking for a dog I told her I wanted a big dog, a man's dog!  :D My wife said she wanted a Dachshund and of course I finally gave in. When we first got Honey I was embarrassed to walk down the street with her. Here I was 6'2" 300+ walking a 12 pound Dachshund, it was a sight to be seen for sure.  :rofl: :rofl:   Needless to say Honey stole my heart and I didn't care what anyone thought about us, she was my girl.  :)

Heh.  We have 2 Ridgebacks and 3 Jack Russells.  The larger Ridgeback (Joey Ramone) is 120-130 lbs.  Jimmy Dean (one of the Jacks) is 16 lbs.  Yet when I go out for a run, Joey is good for a slow jog of 2 miles or so, the other Ridgeback is good for 4-5 miles at pace. 

Jimmy? Jimmy will run a full 10K (6.2 miles) in the heat of the day without a problem.  The two Ridgebacks?  when we get home from their run, they're out for several hours.

:tu: for Honey Girl!  :cheers:

Now that is classic!  :D

Offline max6166

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: June 23, 2009, 07:59:17 PM
When we first got Honey I was embarrassed to walk down the street with her. Here I was 6'2" 300+ walking a 12 pound Dachshund, it was a sight to be seen for sure.  :rofl: :rofl:  Needless to say Honey stole my heart and I didn't care what anyone thought about us, she was my girl.  :)

Ha ha. Same thing happened to me! 6'2", 250lbs and we wound up getting a 12lb white toy poodle named Teddy.  :D

He gets spooked easily and stops walking, so I usually wind up having to carry him around tucked in the crook of my arm. People love him though, so strangers constantly stop me in the street so they can pet him.

Seriously, you single guys out there - if I was single, I'd clean up. Get yourselves a toy poodle! You'll thank me later.  :tu: :D :D
[

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 08:01:18 PM
When we first got Honey I was embarrassed to walk down the street with her. Here I was 6'2" 300+ walking a 12 pound Dachshund, it was a sight to be seen for sure.  :rofl: :rofl:  Needless to say Honey stole my heart and I didn't care what anyone thought about us, she was my girl.  :)

Ha ha. Same thing happened to me! 6'2", 250lbs and we wound up getting a 12lb white toy poodle named Teddy.  :D

He gets spooked easily and stops walking, so I usually wind up having to carry him around tucked in the crook of my arm. People love him though, so strangers constantly stop me in the street so they can pet him.

Seriously, you single guys out there - if I was single, I'd clean up. Get yourselves a toy poodle! You'll thank me later.  :tu: :D :D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 08:13:03 PM
RE: White toy poodles...

Many years ago, I was commuting to work and saw a dead deer at the side of the road.  It was there the next day.  And the day after that.  (Early summer).  The day after that, I look over and see a perfectly coiffeured white toy poodle INSIDE the carcass, having a bit of breakfast.

I could only hope to be there when Fifi returned home from her/his? morning out.

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 09:46:17 PM
Dachshunds are great dogs- much bigger than they appear, and with more fight in them than dogs twice their size.  Originally used as ratters, they were bred on short legs so they could go after rats that had burrowed into the ground and other places.  Now imagine how tough a dog has to be to chase a rat and take it out on it's own turf!

Now that everyone knows that (although I am sure most knew already!) here's a funny story to go with it.  Dachshunds are used in all manner of modern activities because they are unobtrusive and quite intelligent, therefore easily trained.  The lady that used to live in the apartment under my brother and his girlfriend at the time had one because she was deaf- the dog was trained to help her in ways such as alerting her if someone was at the door or if the fire alarm was going off.  My brother's girlfriend, bred Guinea pigs, which given her level of competency, is probably not a difficult job.  My understanding is that the skill comes in NOT breeding the little buggers!  Anyways, she got to know the deaf lady fairly well, and thought it would be fun to introduce Elmo, the prized Guinea pig stud to the little dog so they'd be friends.  Imagine their surprise when the otherwise mild mannered dachshund met up with his natural enemy's wussy cousin!

They managed to rescue Elmo before it got too bad, but apparently there was no warning- the dog, whose name I honestly cannot remember- went from happy and normal to Freddy Kruger in an instant!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #19 on: June 24, 2009, 12:37:30 AM
My condolences.  :( :(
http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $77.16
PayPal Fees: $3.91
Net Balance: $73.25
Below Goal: $226.75
Site Currency: USD
24%