Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox pocket clips

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Victorinox pocket clips
on: July 11, 2009, 01:00:18 AM
Maybe I missed it, but what's the verdict on the new pocket clips on some 111mm models?  How are they fixed onto the scales?
[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: Victorinox pocket clips
Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 06:48:50 AM
Hello? Anybody? :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 09:29:52 AM
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 10:52:13 AM
So from what some of the comments say it looks like its not properly attached to the scale, but rather held in place with friction alone.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 03:22:55 PM
I thought after these were released we'd be seeing them all over in everyones EDC pics...but I think Vic put the clips on models not many carried in the first place. 

Put a clip on an OHT on the other hand and you've got a winner :D  That's a huge seller as far as I know...I wonder why they didn't release any OHTs with the clip.. :think:

[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #5 on: July 11, 2009, 03:27:00 PM
Quite honestly, I don't really care for Vic's pocket clip.  It's very flimsy feeling and there are a few complaints about it not being very secure.  On the last article I wrote on it:

http://www.sosakonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=455&Itemid=35

Read the comments at the bottom.

All is not sweetness and light, my clip has come loose a few times. It tries to rotate towards the blade - or down if you look at the last picture. It's not held in side the scales by anything but friction, Swiss Bianco has a picture of the inside of the scale with the clip on it. It moves about 35-40 degrees. I've pushed it back and no damage seems to have occurred aside from a small blemish where it rubbed on the scale. Still, it isn't what I expect from Vic, although I still really like the knife. Time will tell if it gets worse. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem.
Bill Heinbach, Monday, 01 June 2009 10:59

Mine doesn't move that much but it's not the most reassuring clip in the world.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #6 on: July 11, 2009, 03:50:08 PM
The wheels of progress move slowly at Ibach. Give them another decade or so, they'll get it right. :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: July 11, 2009, 05:43:08 PM
Read the comments at the bottom.

All is not sweetness and light, my clip has come loose a few times. It tries to rotate towards the blade - or down if you look at the last picture. It's not held in side the scales by anything but friction, Swiss Bianco has a picture of the inside of the scale with the clip on it. It moves about 35-40 degrees. I've pushed it back and no damage seems to have occurred aside from a small blemish where it rubbed on the scale. Still, it isn't what I expect from Vic, although I still really like the knife. Time will tell if it gets worse. I'm curious if anyone else has had this problem.
Bill Heinbach, Monday, 01 June 2009 10:59

Mine doesn't move that much but it's not the most reassuring clip in the world.

Def

That's the comment I was referring to.  Its a pity; I was hoping for more from Vic.

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #8 on: July 11, 2009, 05:45:21 PM
I think I will get one out of curiosity.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

00 Offline Freudian Frog

• No Life Club
  • I just don't know what went wrong.
Reply #9 on: July 11, 2009, 06:54:23 PM
I think I'll wait for them to perfect this first. :D
Got those frog legs.

00 Offline Bill.H

Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 01:23:55 AM
Ahhh yesss, that was my comment.  It still does it, but it hasn't gotten any looser. I've sorta gotten used to it by now, but I expected better from Vic. I'm still carrying the knife, if I ever pop off the scale I'll fill in the hollow part with JB Weld - that'll fix it.

Scales with clips can be purchased separately (about 2/3 down the page), and you can put them on your 111mm.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%