Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Interesting thought

yud · 28 · 1717

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Interesting thought
on: August 31, 2009, 04:03:59 AM
I found this on KF (please note I have NOTHING to do with this other then re-posting it)

I just need to defend myself.
im heasitant to post this but the information is worth the immediate loss of respect

I realize i'm going to be immediately frowned upon when you read this topic. but I know this community will eventually give me some help.

ill be honest, im a drug dealer. spare me the lecture. i need the money and theres no point in wasting your time telling me what you think of what I do.

the point is, alot of people are out to get me and im not a very strong guy. i want a folding knife that I can deploy quick and scare people off or defend myself if need be.

no, no matter what youve seen in the films you watch, we are not all hotheaded idiots. none of the people that i do business with are stupid enough to shoot someone, let alone have a gun. im sure you can understand not wanting to draw more unnecessary attention to ourselves than we already do.

once again, spare me the lecture. as much as i respect the opinion of many people on this forum, ill just ignore everything but the imformation that im actually asking for.

just give me some ideas of what i might want to carry.
this knife is for fighting. thats it. keep it in mind.

im sorry im putting this kind of topic in this great community, but being honest is the only way im going to get actual helpful information.

I find this interesting on a few levels like why say you’re a drug dealer it has nothing to do with anything, saying he spends a lot of time in questionable places works just as well.

Also every time I see that question (what knife for defense) seem the answers are always “don’t carry a knife for defense” and get trained first.

What dose any one think

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Re: Interesting thought
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:11:54 AM
Wow!  Um, I'd say that not only is a drug "dealer" but is probably high on his own stuff to post something like that.  Either that or it's someone hoping to prove that someone of questionable motives can get information on an internet site.  Like a college kid doing a paper or something like that.  If he is what he says he is he's an idiot.  I hope the people on KF ban him and erase that post. 
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 04:16:03 AM
Wow!  Um, I'd say that not only is a drug "dealer" but is probably high on his own stuff to post something like that.  Either that or it's someone hoping to prove that someone of questionable motives can get information on an internet site.  Like a college kid doing a paper or something like that.  If he is what he says he is he's an idiot.  I hope the people on KF ban him and erase that post. 
banned (2 profiles) and locked

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:18:05 AM
As a moderator and long time member of KF, I doubt that post will last terribly long.  Regardless of what he is doing, KF has always been a very responsible organization, and doesn't usually support this kind of thing, even when, IMHO, the poster has "come clean" with what I would take as a real story.  I think it's likely that this person is indeed a drug dealer at some level (my guess is a low end pot dealer) and in that line of work, it's a legitimate question.

However, asking for that kind of information on a forum populated by police officers, military, Blackwater operatives, Federal law Enforcement, EMT's and so on, many of which could find themselves in a position to be wearing that blade or extracting it from someone else is probably not the wisest of ideas.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

scotland Offline Sea Monster

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:31:36 AM
Teehee.

Oh sweet mercy!

What a pip.

I'm not going to even start on how silly that is.

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 04:35:27 AM
Sounds like he's got some serious problems that won't be remedied by a "fighting knife".  Buying a "fighting knife" and expecting to come out alive from a fight because of it is like buying a baseball bat and expecting to hit 99mph fastballs.

[

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:37:21 AM
Sounds like he's got some serious problems that won't be remedied by a "fighting knife".  Buying a "fighting knife" and expecting to come out alive from a fight because of it is like buying a baseball bat and expecting to hit 99mph fastballs.

Sounds like he's got some serious problems, that's for sure, I suspect they can be cured by an education & some friends (incidentally, both are useful in a fight too)

But hey, I suppose asking a forum about fighting knives is good too.

However, it's just one post on one forum on the internet, and it wasn't this forum, so the value to me is minimal, and I suspect the value even to the actual author is pretty minimal long term as well.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 04:39:32 AM by Nomad »

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 05:56:34 AM
I think it's likely that this person is indeed a drug dealer at some level (my guess is a low end pot dealer) and in that line of work, it's a legitimate question.

IMHO:  If attacked, a drug dealer has as much right to defend himself as anyone else.

I'd suggest one of the Cold Steel TiLite models.

Well made, reasonably priced, and designed as weapons.  Although, they should also be capable of more normal EDC applications.

N

ph Offline duckman1975

• No Life Club
  • Naked without my multitool!
Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 07:26:32 AM
I think it's likely that this person is indeed a drug dealer at some level (my guess is a low end pot dealer) and in that line of work, it's a legitimate question.

IMHO:  If attacked, a drug dealer has as much right to defend himself as anyone else.

Well made, reasonably priced, and designed as weapons.  Although, they should also be capable of more normal EDC applications.

What if he was defending himself from arrest from LEO? :P
Multitools are the best thing that happened to mankind since the invention of the wheel!

Offline ringzero

• No Life Club
  • Spawn of Cthulhu
Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 08:41:21 AM

What if he was defending himself from arrest from LEO? :P

Arrest by a LEO doesn't constitute an attack.

I've never heard the concept of self defense applied to a lawful arrest.  Criminals are usually smart enough to submit to arrest by a LEO.  If a person does choose to resist arrest, he may well reap what he has sewn.

N

us Offline ducktapehero

• No Life Club
  • Plants should be smoked, not eaten.
Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 05:58:54 PM
I don't think he's a drug dealer. If he is, he's an idiot. If he was reasonably intelligent he'd know that the second he said he was a drug dealer he'd either get banned or ignored. If he wanted to know what a good defensive knife is he'd skip the details and just ask.

http://ducksrandomthoughts.blogspot.com - or follow me on Twitter- @ducksthoughts

It's hard to say nipple without smirking.

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 06:06:05 PM
Mebbe he's a pharmacist... :P

Offline cgk

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 06:06:58 PM
See I would have suggested a butter knife as a defensive weapon and let Darwin do the rest.

us Offline Swiss Man

• No Life Club
  • WIFE APPROVED
Reply #13 on: August 31, 2009, 10:12:17 PM
See I would have suggested a butter knife as a defensive weapon and let Darwin do the rest.

I'm thinking more of a rubber training knife that way no one gets hurt except the guy that brings a knife to a gun fight. ;)

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: August 31, 2009, 10:45:44 PM
a clone of one of these bad boys

:D

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #15 on: August 31, 2009, 11:27:50 PM
Alright, I'm sorry but I can't keep this to myself any longer.  This guy is an idiot.  Let's assume for a second that he is a drug dealer.  He's still an idiot and should be dropped off the nearest, highest mountain to be found.  I am not typically in the judgement business, but people like that just make me sick.  As if there aren't enough problems in this country and in this world, there are people like that running around who are doing something that is not only illegal but morally reprehensible to boot and they throw up their hands and say "Spare me the lecture...I need the money".  He knows that people will look down on him?  Please, people want to bury him...so I suppose in a way he's right.  I'm sorry if I seem harsh, but I honestly can't stand it.  He wants someone from a forum full of people who are LEO, military, EMS, Firefighters, collectors, grandfathers, fathers, sons, daughters, outdoorsman, etc...presumably decent people who have a passion for working or collectable blades...to tell him what kind of knife to carry with him to defend himself because he deals in an industry that is illegal.  He's worried about people being after him?  Who?  Other's just like him or what about the LEO and others that might get caught in between him and his cash.  It's BS! 
Now, if he's just some stupid, attention seeking moron inventing a story to build himself up and rile up a bunch of people, well I suppose he succeeded because he certainly riled me up.  Why would you even joke about something like that?  I've unfortuately known people who use and deal drugs of all kinds and I don't care what their reasons are, it's wrong!  If someone came to me genuinely remorseful for their addiction or their dealing and wanted help, I wouldn't spare their feelings, but I'd try to direct to the places where they can get help.  But I cannot tolerate this "I don't have a choice" crap that this guy is spouting.  Grrr...I'm sorry.  I just had to vent that a little bit.  He's a moron and even if I am playing into his little game by getting upset, but I just can't be quiet about this.  Alright, I'm done. 
Gray
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: August 31, 2009, 11:47:02 PM
No not at all  :D what you say is right  :tu:
Just wish we had a voice here in the UK sadly that's being eroded as I speak............ :ahhh where's my voice gone?..... strangled  :police:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 12:20:58 AM
Don't know the history of this member, but he just sounds like typical Troll to me.
I'm back!!

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 12:24:24 AM
Don't know the history of this member, but he just sounds like typical Troll to me.
I would say you are right since he only had 1 post :spamkiller:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 12:25:26 AM
Mebbe he's a pharmacist... :P

a street pharmacist? >:D
:like:    :MTO:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 12:32:26 AM

Definitely a Troll then.  The wife's forum gets loads like that.
I'm back!!

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 01:14:22 AM

That was my first though.  Its tough to tell sometimes though.

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 01:24:49 AM

Is it?  :D

wales Offline rp252

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 01:32:05 AM

Is it?  :D

Maybe not in every case :) 

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 01:47:32 AM

Definitely a Troll then.  The wife's forum gets loads like that.

That was my first though.  Its tough to tell sometimes though.
Is it?  :D

So! thrill me (briefly) with your case Sir  :pok::salute: :D :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 01:49:22 AM by JohnM »

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: September 01, 2009, 01:58:49 AM

Definitely a Troll then.  The wife's forum gets loads like that.

Is it?  :D

So! thrill me (briefly) with your case Sir  :pok::salute: :D :D
A guy started on KF with "I hate SAK mods" now is a member of SOSAK

• No Life Club
Reply #26 on: September 01, 2009, 01:58:52 AM

Trolls arn't all bad, some of us become goddamn institutions.

Kind of like drunks on public transport.

Offline sappyg

Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 02:22:28 AM
troll!.... i'm thinking a drug dealer would be looking to buy a firearm before a knife and woud rather fly under the radar. but then... drug dealers are stupid anyway.
i

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD