Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Cheapest place to get a Juice XE6?

england Offline AddictedToTools

Cheapest place to get a Juice XE6?
on: September 20, 2009, 05:15:43 PM
I want to buy a Leatherman Juice XE6, but every where I look it's really expensive! Does anyone know what the cheapest place to get one in the UK is?

(I don't know if I posted this in the right place. Please move this post if it's in the wrong place.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 05:17:43 PM by AddictedToTools »

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Re: Cheapest place to get a Juice XE6?
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 05:37:17 PM
Cheapest place to get them in the UK would be - the US!

Even if you get stung for customs / postal charges, you will typically only end up paying 60%-70% of UK retail price. You are very unlikely to find a UK retailer selling Leatherman gear in the UK below RRP, as the UK sole importer do not permit it.

It is often worth buying two of the tool you want to get better value for money with shipping, then by trading / selling the second one (still way under UK RRP, so pretty easy to do - everyone's a winner), you can subsidise the cost of the one you keep!

That's how to get (almost) US prices in the UK. I would recommend www.eleatherman.com, who is a banner member on this site, and felinevet can get Leatherman too I believe.

There is absolutely nothing illegal in doing this, despite what the importer might say. I have tested this ;)

I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD