Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Leatherman Juice XE6

england Offline AddictedToTools

Leatherman Juice XE6
on: November 18, 2009, 10:51:25 AM
I know I have asked this before, but I thought I'd ask again just in case. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on a Leatherman Juice XE6 in the UK. 

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Re: Leatherman Juice XE6
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 11:51:45 PM
The words "good" "deal" "UK" and "Leatherman" sadly don't go together very often.  Heinnies have them, but they are a lot of dosh.  I'd be looking towards eleatherman.com as even with customs charges I expect they are still cheaper.  DaveK will know more I expect.
I'm back!!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 01:12:23 AM
As Ben says - they really aren't worth the money at UK prices (IMO).

If you want new, the eleatherman.com is a good bet, and if you PM him on here, he has been known to remove things from the packaging and cut you a better shipping price than his shopping cart suggests - he's brilliant like that. You could also try dropping a PM to Felinevet (Tim) - he can get his hands on LM gear I believe, or wait for someone to offer a trade or sale right here.

That's what I do anyway!

Although I've a post on here for a grey XE6 that's now slipped down to about page 87 :D

I used to come here a lot.

england Offline AddictedToTools

Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 09:01:44 PM
Thanks for the advice. Do you know approximately how long a delivery takes to arrive from eleatherman?

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #4 on: November 22, 2009, 10:42:54 PM
It can vary greatly. Rob will always post them promptly, but HM Customs can (literally) take as long as they like, but that technically implies to any import.

Typically, things I order from the US (quite a bit in fact  :P), take between one and two weeks on average. Occasionally it's a little more or less.

When buying from a US dealer, you should always factor in 15% of the value of the package, plus and 8GBP post office "handling fee" if customs decide you have to pay tax and duties. So if you buy a Juice for say, 50.00GBP incl. shipping, be prepared for additional fees of about 15GBP at your local sorting office! Often you'll get away with it, but if it's "correctly" labelled leaving the US, you should always factor that in.

Even if you do get stung, you'd struggle to find a NIB XE6 for 65GBP total in the UK, as people aren't allowed to sell them for that!

Feel free to PM me if you're unsure :tu:
I used to come here a lot.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69