Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

My Pioneers

meanx · 42 · 4939

za Offline meanx

My Pioneers
on: December 27, 2009, 05:30:11 AM
I got this Red and Blue Pioneer as an early Christmas present,next year I want to get a black one to complete the set.

Rest is not idleness,
and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer's day,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,
is by no means a waste of time

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Re: My Pioneers
Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 05:33:09 AM
The perfect Ménage à trois :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline jazzbass

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 08:33:34 AM
Very nice! I'll send you a brand new black one if you send me a blue one...

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #3 on: December 27, 2009, 08:51:56 AM
I got this Red and Blue Pioneer as an early Christmas present,next year I want to get a black one to complete the set.
Don't ya just love Christmas...  :cheers:  :D

za Offline meanx

Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 09:22:58 AM
Very nice! I'll send you a brand new black one if you send me a blue one...

Thanks for the offer but "ICanFixThat" has already made an offer and I've only got one extra one on its way for a trade.I am trying to get a black one from a friend of mine who is visiting the States,if she can get me one even better cause then I'll have 2 blue ones :D
Rest is not idleness,
listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky,

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 11:37:16 AM
Very nice mate :drool:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 03:14:00 PM
Didn't know they made a blue one  :o :ahhh must have  :tu: :cheers:

br Offline M.TEX

Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 05:50:52 PM
 :drool: looking good....    :gimme:
M.TEX

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 06:05:39 PM
I've only got one Pioneer - and it's black.

Good SAK IMO.
I used to come here a lot.

Offline P35

Reply #9 on: December 27, 2009, 06:08:15 PM
I'm lusting after the blue one,  :drool:  need to be quicker next time I see one for sale

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #10 on: December 27, 2009, 06:58:50 PM
Wow, those are exceptionally good photographs meanx! :salute:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline Gadget Guy

• No Life Club
  • <*();::::::::;~
Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 07:09:17 PM
The pioneer is now my favorite SAK. I have a few vintage ones (Thanks to Dennis) and I do have a black pioneer as well.  :tu:  I'll be on the hunt for a blue one now.  :D

Here are a few of mine:

Sometimes change is a good thing, other times not so much!

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 07:42:43 PM
Like faded jeans old alox looks good.

us Offline Sazabi

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #13 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18:44 AM
From SOSAK, I've surmised the blue Pioneers can only easily be found in South Africa.  So, umm, yeah, middleman time.  :pok: :D

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: December 28, 2009, 03:27:04 AM
From SOSAK, I've surmised the blue Pioneers can only easily be found in South Africa.  So, umm, yeah, middleman time.  :pok: :D
:tu: :tu: :pok: :pok:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: December 28, 2009, 04:13:43 AM
Well so far it appears 3 Blue Pioneer versions have shown up, 2 limited runs and those ones in South Africa. It could be that they will be coming this way in 2010, but I guess we can't rely on that until we get some word from Victorinox on what will be new for 2010 and how much of 2010 will pass before we see the new stuff.  With a new catalog expected for 2011, it sounds like they may have a few things in the works.  Also with economy and the change in the markets for knives they seem to be willing to do more special things. 

Of course you can always remove the saw from a Farmer.

za Offline meanx

Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 06:47:43 AM

I asked the guy I bought mine from if he ships internationally,I'm still waiting for an answer.I wouldn't mind getting a couple and selling them overseas but with our banking laws its very difficult as we can't use Paypal or sorts to receive money,it basically comes down to Credit card payment or wire transfer,the first I'm not setup for and the latter is very expensive.
Rest is not idleness,

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #17 on: December 28, 2009, 07:58:08 AM
this is on my list, but now jumped forward a bit lol, thanks for posting, great pics,

paul

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: December 28, 2009, 10:13:52 AM
I shot an email to sharpedge.co.za and asked them if they ship international, their reply was that they cannot ship outside of South Africa  :( need to find another source, is Tim back?

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: December 28, 2009, 10:36:13 PM
This was the last message received from them

"This model was made as a special run for us and will not be a released as a general model by the factory. I know that the US distributors also did this some time back. Perhaps you should contact them  and see if any of the dealers they may have sold to has stock."

any ideas on how to make it work? someone in SA is needed to purchase and ship  :cheers:

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #20 on: December 28, 2009, 11:36:11 PM

"This model was made as a special run for us and will not be a released as a general model by the factory. I know that the US distributors also did this some time back. Perhaps you should contact them  and see if any of the dealers they may have sold to has stock."

any ideas on how to make it work? someone in SA is needed to purchase and ship  :cheers:

Vito,

Count me in if you are looking for people who want a blue Pioneer.  Possibly we could do a group buy and have one of our South African members play host.  :think: 
[

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #21 on: December 28, 2009, 11:43:06 PM

Vito,

Count me in if you are looking for people who want a blue Pioneer.  Possibly we could do a group buy and have one of our South African members play host.  :think: 

I hope it's not a lot of trouble for our friends in South Africa. Funny thing is that I had two friends traveling there at different times a few months ago, and both of them were asking me if I want any souvenirs, if only I knew then...

00 Offline 1jump2many

Reply #22 on: December 29, 2009, 05:28:37 AM

Vito,

I hope it's not a lot of trouble for our friends in South Africa. Funny thing is that I had two friends traveling there at different times a few months ago, and both of them were asking me if I want any souvenirs, if only I knew then...

Maybe one can become an enterprising blue Pioneer salesperson that would ship to the States.  That would be nice.

From the sounds of it most of the SA members bought them online via an SA site.  Your friends would have had to be there long enough to order them for you.  That is the way things work for me though too.  Something doesn't come to my attention until the opportunity passes. 

Any SA members want to step up and buy a few Pioneers and send them to us, let us know.  Find out what you would want for one shipped, please.

[

ca Offline Sean

• No Life Club
Reply #23 on: December 29, 2009, 05:31:53 AM
I'm wishing I'd have bought one of those instead of the Soldier so I could experiment with carry options
via the lanyard ring, something the Soldier doesn't have.  Nice knives BTW.

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #24 on: December 29, 2009, 05:51:13 AM
I'm wishing I'd have bought one of those instead of the Soldier so I could experiment with carry options
via the lanyard ring, something the Soldier doesn't have.  Nice knives BTW.

The silver Pioneer is widely available, the red and black can still be found in NA although there were a limited run as far as I know and may be running out soon.  :cheers:

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #25 on: December 29, 2009, 05:53:22 AM

Vito,

Maybe one can become an enterprising blue Pioneer salesperson that would ship to the States.  That would be nice.

From the sounds of it most of the SA members bought them online via an SA site.  Your friends would have had to be there long enough to order them for you.  That is the way things work for me though too.  Something doesn't come to my attention until the opportunity passes. 

Any SA members want to step up and buy a few Pioneers and send them to us, let us know.  Find out what you would want for one shipped, please.

The site I mentioned above has a physical store in SA and one of my friends was there for over a month so a mail order would of been possible, I'll ask her if she made any friends at the university where she did the study abroad.

spam Offline Paul

• BANNED
Reply #26 on: December 29, 2009, 01:16:59 PM
Great Knives + Great Pics =  :drool:

Bet you get a black before next Xmas!

za Offline meanx

Reply #27 on: December 29, 2009, 08:27:26 PM
This morning Sharp Edge had 7 blue Pioneers available,I e-mailed them for a quote on shipping, they answered me and this afternoon when I wanted to buy them they were all gone hopefully it was a friend of one of you guys that bought them all up.
Rest is not idleness,

us Offline donvito

• No Life Club
Reply #28 on: December 29, 2009, 09:57:23 PM
This morning Sharp Edge had 7 blue Pioneers available,I e-mailed them for a quote on shipping, they answered me and this afternoon when I wanted to buy them they were all gone hopefully it was a friend of one of you guys that bought them all up.

Wasn't my friend  :think: Hope they get them in stock soon, Thanks meanx  :tu: :cheers:

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #29 on: December 29, 2009, 11:02:30 PM
Well I guess the word got out.  Hopefully they will be able to get more from the local distributor.  I wonder if those that just got purchased will be on their way to the US or UK, or just enjoyed by local enthusiasts?

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%