Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The Absolutely Best SAK Picture Of 2009

yud · 20 · 2106

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
The Absolutely Best SAK Picture Of 2009
on: January 02, 2010, 01:29:08 AM
What's your favourite picture from 2009 posted in "The Great Super Macro Multitool Picture Thread " or "The great multitool picture thread".?

Post your own best picture along with the best picture by a fellow member..
Each of the pics should be followed by a short description, why you chose them. 

This thread is solely for SAKs 

(alternatively the pics can be taken from other MT.O threads as long it complies with the above link)

Have fun...

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Re: The Absolutely Best SAK Picture Of 2009
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2010, 01:31:21 AM

Both just lovly shots
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 02:46:56 AM by yud »

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #2 on: January 02, 2010, 01:34:34 AM
I don't think Chako wanted anyone to use his pics Yud.......
I used to come here a lot.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: January 02, 2010, 02:47:24 AM
I don't think Chako wanted anyone to use his pics Yud.......
sorry did not know

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #4 on: January 02, 2010, 03:08:53 AM
I could be wrong, but he commented on the "Best Multitool Pic" thread. Might be wrorth dropping him a PM or something.

None of my business. Going away now......

:)

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2010, 08:18:53 AM
What's your favourite picture from 2009 posted in "The Great Super Macro Multitool Picture Thread " or "The great multitool picture thread".?

Post your own best picture along with the best picture by a fellow member..
Each of the pics should be followed by a short description, why you chose them. 

This thread is solely for SAKs 

(alternatively the pics can be taken from other MT.O threads as long it complies with the above link)

Have fun...

Complies with What link..??  :P

Offline Magnus

Reply #6 on: January 02, 2010, 10:33:02 AM
I could be wrong, but he commented on the "Best Multitool Pic" thread. Might be wrorth dropping him a PM or something.

None of my business. Going away now......

:)

well, he did request that, but I guess its up to individual members to make up their own mind on whether to honour his wishes or not.  Personally I will.
[

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #7 on: January 02, 2010, 11:37:07 AM
I have no issues with this thread. The other on the other hand...I do.

It is the principal of the matter that I objected to, and the way it was handled.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: January 02, 2010, 11:38:45 AM
Principal?

You don't think you're reading into things that aren't there Chako?  :think:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #9 on: January 02, 2010, 12:01:01 PM
I really don't see any problems at all in the way it was handled, Chako..  :think:
Alot of members added their thoughts and ideas in the first thread and based on that we went along with The Absolutely Best Multitool Picture Of 2009.  :)

ca Offline Chako

• Absolute Zombie Club
  • Armed with camera and not afraid to use it.
Reply #10 on: January 02, 2010, 12:11:41 PM
That could very well be.

However...

1. I cared enough to participate in AHBs thread to submit a few of my favorites.
2. AHB did not want any SAK photos in there.  A short feeler on what people consider a multi-tool ensued.  All quite civil I thought.
3. Benner got into it and declared me flatly wrong, even though I know I am not. My definition is broader than most in here it seems. I will live.
4. Everyone else agreed with him which is fine. I have broad shoulders. I still disagree with the lot of you.
5. A discussion ensues excluding me, making me look like a regular butthole for causing such a stink in the first place. A stink apparently that necessitated closing a thread. Now here is where my dander gets up. A thread closure in my mind is no light thing to undertake. One that necessitated excluding me somewhat even though I wasn't causing any fuss smacked me right across the face. How am I supposed to take it? It is like a gag order was imposed. In fact, if I was allowed to be part of that "forum discussion:” which had a lot of bearing on my actions in that now defunct thread, you may have found me more than reasonable...but I was excluded obviously even though the decision apparently was based upon my supposedly wrecking the thread in the first place.
6. Hence, I do not want any of my photos posted in that "MT" only thread to show my displeasure of the whole thing. It was a rather poor showing overall.
7. I have no issues with my photos being shared in YUDs thread. For people to stick their heads into another thread based upon what I have said in AHBs thread is more than unseemly. To be honest, if I had issues, I would have PMed YUD nicely.

So there you have it. The whole thing not only rubbed me the wrong way, it was very poorly done. No “courtesy” was given.
A little Leatherman information.

Leatherman series articles

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #11 on: January 02, 2010, 12:13:18 PM
Gentlemen, could we just enjoy the thread please?  If either of you have any outstanding issues, please contact a moderator to discuss and solve them.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #12 on: January 02, 2010, 12:22:52 PM
That could very well be.

However...

1. I cared enough to participate in AHBs thread to submit a few of my favorites.
2. AHB did not want any SAK photos in there.  A short feeler on what people consider a multi-tool ensued.  All quite civil I thought.
3. Benner got into it and declared me flatly wrong, even though I know I am not. My definition is broader than most in here it seems. I will live.
4. Everyone else agreed with him which is fine. I have broad shoulders. I still disagree with the lot of you.
5. A discussion ensues excluding me, making me look like a regular butthole for causing such a stink in the first place. A stink apparently that necessitated closing a thread. Now here is where my dander gets up. A thread closure in my mind is no light thing to undertake. One that necessitated excluding me somewhat even though I wasn't causing any fuss smacked me right across the face. How am I supposed to take it? It is like a gag order was imposed. In fact, if I was allowed to be part of that "forum discussion:” which had a lot of bearing on my actions in that now defunct thread, you may have found me more than reasonable...but I was excluded obviously even though the decision apparently was based upon my supposedly wrecking the thread in the first place.
6. Hence, I do not want any of my photos posted in that "MT" only thread to show my displeasure of the whole thing. It was a rather poor showing overall.
7. I have no issues with my photos being shared in YUDs thread. For people to stick their heads into another thread based upon what I have said in AHBs thread is more than unseemly. To be honest, if I had issues, I would have PMed YUD nicely.

So there you have it. The whole thing not only rubbed me the wrong way, it was very poorly done. No “courtesy” was given.

Hey, that's your privilege Chako mate.  :salute: I've no axe to grind, I was just trying to smooth over what is clearly a huge misunderstanding. I know Allan wasn't trying to snub anyone, as the whole discussion is there to be seen :)

EDIT: Sorry Def you posted as I did!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #13 on: January 02, 2010, 02:24:18 PM
That could very well be.

However...

2. AHB did not want any SAK photos in there.  A short feeler on what people consider a multi-tool ensued.  All quite civil I thought.

I have just 2 comments about that.

1.  I was joking.  Pretty much everything I say on here is a joke.  A small giveaway is the fact that I put  :D and  :rofl: after pretty much everything I say.  I thought that made it pretty obvious when I was having a funny.  Apologies if you didn't take it as such.

2. "even though I know I am not"?  Surely that's just down to your own interpretation?  I expect everyone "classifies" things differently to each other, I just stated what I classified things as and that just happened to be what Allan did as well. As the OP that was the way he wanted his thread to go so that's what he chose.  Does that make that way correct?  No not at all, but if it gets Allan his desired result then so be it.

But anyway lets move on with what I think will turn out to be a great thread.  :cheers:
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 05:02:22 PM by Benner »
I'm back!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #14 on: January 02, 2010, 03:53:10 PM
Ok this is again a nightmare due to all the great pics we have on here.  :ahhh

Perhaps we should have a knife photo thread and a scenary one and then once we have all the results put them all together to determine the ULTIMATE 2009 pic.  :D
I'm back!!

spam Offline GraysonK

• No Life Club
  • "When nothing goes right, go left"
Reply #15 on: January 02, 2010, 04:27:31 PM

Perhaps we should have a knife photo thread and a scenary one and then once we have all the results put them all together to determine the ULTIMATE 2009 pic.  :D
You just have to be difficult, don't you?   :D :D
I have been recently diagnosed with ADOSS... Attention Deficit OH SOMETHING SHINY!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #16 on: January 02, 2010, 04:33:11 PM
Yes, yes I do.  :angel:
I'm back!!

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #17 on: January 02, 2010, 04:36:15 PM

You just have to be difficult, don't you?   :D :D

Sounds like stage 1 in a cunning plan for another poll  :D :D :D :D

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #18 on: January 02, 2010, 08:08:04 PM
Like I said in the other pic thread, I have debated long enough and here are my choices.

First up is my pic.  Again nothing impressive just the best out of the very few I took last year (will have to take more this year);

Second is my members choice.  This pic is courtesy of cgjones;

Fantastic pic of a fantastic tool in a fantastic location.  Fantastic.  :D
I'm back!!

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: January 04, 2010, 02:09:08 AM
forgot about the fungus shot :tu: just great :D

Oh and here is Chako shot

just great :cheers: