Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Any Fishermen Or Fisherwomen

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Any Fishermen Or Fisherwomen
on: February 20, 2010, 06:34:47 PM
Here in CA were i live the trout fishing is starting to pickup last Monday i caught three nice ones in fact that was our dinner last night.

Last Thursday night we went to our favorite Catfishing spot until two in the morning on the Delta. We four wheel in and can back the trucks in close to the river. The fishing was pretty good the three of us caught twenty in about three hours. Good times. :D
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline django.cj

Re: Any Fishermen Or Fisherwomen
Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 03:40:16 PM
Went ice fishing up on Champlain this weekend. Plenty of Perch and Crappies, and the highlight was a 29in Pike. I smoked a pork butt out on the ice while we fished.

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 01:37:15 AM
Ice fishing sounds great i have never been. I think the only thing better than fishing is cooking while fishing and caching a 29 inch fish is a bonus. Sounds like a great time. I got some hot dogs soaking in tuna oil right now i am going after some catfish tomorrow. :D
Mike
I think Alcohol, Tabacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency. 

Mike

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 12:53:36 AM
Ice fishing sounds great i have never been. I think the only thing better than fishing is cooking while fishing and caching a 29 inch fish is a bonus. Sounds like a great time. I got some hot dogs soaking in tuna oil right now i am going after some catfish tomorrow. :D
Mike

what's with hot dogs in tuna oil?   secret bait recipe?
:like:    :MTO:

us Offline Smitty44

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: February 24, 2010, 06:24:11 AM
To cold for regular fishing,not cold enough for ice fishing,but now that I'm over 65 I don't need a fishing license any more,and I have a 6 yr old grandson that I'll be teaching the fine arts this spring.
 :cheers:& :salute:

PS: Sound like someone is trying to turn junk food in to healthy food with that hotdog in tuna oil,but it sounds good to me. ::)

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: February 24, 2010, 01:32:29 PM
Mike

what's with hot dogs in tuna oil?   secret bait recipe?

Hot dogs are pretty good Catfish bait. You catch Catfish on lots of different bait clams, cut bait, biscuit dough, chicken liver, worms to name a few. I have even caught catfish  using Ivory soap for bait. Their is a end less homemade catfish baits out there. Some guys make stink bait and chum that the smell would curl your toes . I think that expression came from people that have smelled stink bait. Gloogle catfish bait and you will see what i mean. It is raining here now the fishing should be good when it lets up. Can't wait to get back out there spring time fish is the best.

Mike

Mike

gb Offline ryan1835

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • buh
Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 08:15:54 PM
i go sea fishing from time to time not what you d call a keen fisherman though i get bored after a few hours if nothing happens :P
I

us Offline stack

Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 12:31:32 AM
Theres something fishy about these storys. :D

us Offline Mike 56

• No Life Club
Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 10:29:33 PM
Theres something fishy about these storys. :D

I think you are right. That's fishing if you can't dazzle them with brilliance baffle them with bull$hit. >:D
Mike

Mike

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Reply #9 on: February 27, 2010, 09:46:34 PM
I haven't been fishing for the last two seasons :cry:

This year I hope to get out there.
[

us Offline texasflyfisher

• I'd rather be fishing
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2010, 04:04:25 AM
Oh yeah! The white bass run is almost here. In another month I will be heading down to the coast again to see about catching some redfish and speckled trout as well.

With the return of El Nino, our rivers and lakes have started to get replenished after a two year drought so I am hoping fishing in the creeks and rivers is going to be good this year, too!

I've maintained a fishing blog called Tales from a Texas Fly Fisher since 2006 to document and relive some of my past outings (good and bad).

Offline Styerman

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 04:00:33 AM
I'm a flyfishing looney too ! I have a hard time tying flies nowadays , as I have 5 cats - thread and bits of fur an feathers drive em nuts . My quarry of choice is Bass .

Chris

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $158.99
PayPal Fees: $9.20
Net Balance: $149.79
Below Goal: $150.21
Site Currency: USD