Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

LM Charge XTi Camo finish

geoemt · 33 · 7303

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Re: LM Charge XTi Camo finish
Reply #30 on: April 05, 2007, 02:57:46 AM
I just got mine today.  I'm REALLY happy with it.

I've seen at least a 1/2 dozen Tis and a 1/2 dozen XTis and they don't seem as well crafted.  For example on all the other Charges that I've seen, the diamond file is crooked and rubs against the inside of the titanium scales.  The file on the Camo Charge XTi is dead center!  None of the implements are too tight or too loose.  It makes me wonder if quality control was an issue with some of the newer production stuff. 

I didn't think I'd like the sheath but I do!  The color is excellent and the leather is much more supple than the standard leather Charge sheath.

Unfortunately, I did notice 3 spots where the titanium is showing through--they're right near the edges.  This makes me think that the Camo will wear off.  It does seem pretty durable (much more than black oxide).  But I'm guessing it'll chip and peal off with time.  Has anyone used one of these enough to know how easily it wears? 

.....uh, I must confess, mine is a shelf queen.  :-\

But I agree with you on the quality of the tool and of the sheath. Both are better than some other's I've seen and handled.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline supratentorial

Reply #31 on: April 05, 2007, 03:16:02 AM
I learned that term "shelf queen" here...from you I think.  I was planning on using mine but since I like it so much, I might make it a shelf queen.  Of course since I like it so much I'd also rather use it than my standard XTi!  Dilemmas!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #32 on: April 05, 2007, 03:20:34 AM
hehe  :D
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%