Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

The SwissTool owners club

Pacu · 584 · 84265

cs Offline edcgear

• No Life Club
Re: The SwissTool owners club
Reply #90 on: March 25, 2012, 06:30:25 PM
Thanks to Captain Spaulding, I'm in.  :tu:
(Image removed from quote.)

I didn't realize how big this thing is!  :o  But I love it already.  It's just built like a tank!  A quick question though- I don't have a sheath for it.  Will the Vic Spirit sheaths I see on Amazon fit it, or am I SOL?  For the moment I have to see it it will fit in a Leatherman sheath.

EDIT: Never mind, found a Swisstool sheath on Amazon, have it OTW.  Wasn't looking hard enough I guess......

Well I had to read every post and catch up, so here's some pics of my Spirit.

I use it daily and have a related thread on EDCForums, showing some pics... here> http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/92796-A-day-in-the-life-of-my-VIC

Jerseydevil, I purchased a black nylon pouch (VIC) but as it started to wear out, I got a SkinthXL from Metropolicity.  He's a member here, and there, too.

I have a "load-out" thread showcasing some Skinth love.   on EDCForum > http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/91769-Skinth-Loadout-Gallery

And a newly started one on MTO.  >  http://forum.multitool.org/index.php/topic,36107.0.html

Hope the info helps!  On to the pics!!

Removing a screw from a water heater element
Pulling an old rusted out piece of galvanized vent piping from the chimney wall
Using the Vic's ratchet to put together my wife's shelf.  You can see the fully loaded SkinthXL in the background.
Using it as a mirror to see how far I have the 3/8" supply nut screwed on the dishwasher supply.
Here's a good one.  Everyone always talks about being able to use 2 tools at once.  Precisely what I had to do with this Kohler Ceramic Disc Cartridge and it's handle extension
Perfect tool for this job!  Tightening a plastic wing nut on a Gerber toilet tank to bowl bolt

I hope I haven;t imposed on your thread with al the talk about my Vic Spirit.  I gave my 1st SwissTool to my brother-in-law in Belize and my 2nd one to my wife.  So I don't have any pics of anything but the Spirit. 
If you can't tel...I'm a fan:)

Hey SAKplumber glad to see you here - gstojinovic -
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
There is method to my madness....
http://svakodnevnesitnice.blogspot.com/

us Offline SAKplumber

Reply #91 on: March 25, 2012, 07:55:37 PM

Hey SAKplumber glad to see you here - gstojinovic -

Hello!  Shoulda' known I'd find you here!  Lovin' your Spirit, I presume:)

us Offline SAKplumber

Reply #92 on: March 25, 2012, 07:59:19 PM
Thanks Gareth! 

Jsews-, thats not a bad idea.  I started my love of all things VIC with a SAK.

us Offline SAKplumber

Reply #93 on: April 03, 2012, 03:18:28 AM
Just thought I'd stop by and show off my Vic a little more:)

I had to get that little "childproof" tab off of my government mandated "safety" can.  I've been  wearing my fingertips raw trying to get these things open for a year.  No more.

Had to pull some little trees out from under my deck today when I got home.  I love that ergonomic grip.  Check out the roots on this little sapling.  The grip I had on the Spirit was nice for this.  On a couple of these things I had to use both hands, but the handle of the Sprit never became uncomfortable.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #94 on: April 03, 2012, 03:32:03 AM
Couple of good Spirit applications there SAKp :salute: Damn I do hate those safety nozzles :twak: I bet a guy could make a fortune selling the plain old yellow snout ones on the black market. :P

Hey...... :think:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #95 on: April 10, 2012, 11:20:15 AM
I'm in da club!  :ahhh I'm in da club!  :ahhh
not only that i'm the more exclusive Aussie-army-nato-numbered-issued-black-oxide *BREATHS * Swisstool section of the club  :rofl:
Here is a photo of my 05 head getting aquainted with its new home. My suzuki tool rool.  :cheers:

“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #96 on: April 10, 2012, 05:47:07 PM
I got one of the original ones after owning (and not being satisfied with) my original Leatherman. I didn't like that I had to open the thing to get to a tool, and the tool "locking" was rather crude.

My grandpa had a Gerber, one if the original ones, and it was better in done respects, and worse in others.

So when the SwissTool burst on the scene with its superior fit and finish, all locking tools, all but the pliers accessible from the outside, I had to have one, despite the then $75 price tag.

I was not disappointed. I never carry it, due to the weight and bulk, but I would if I had a more hands-on-type job.

For now, I treat it as a super-compact toolbox that I keep in my desk drawer at work. Or in a bag.

For me, a traditional SAK is just better for my day-to-day uses.
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

br Offline Santos

• No Life Club
  • Product of 83
Reply #97 on: April 11, 2012, 05:28:51 AM
one thing :oops: i keep doing with my new toy swisstool is open up the handles when i'm looking for tools
“A good plan isn't one where someone wins, it's where nobody thinks they've lost.”
- Terry Pratchett

england Offline macabee

Reply #98 on: April 11, 2012, 10:23:16 AM
Whilst I do feel more comfortable with a SAK on my belt, my Swiss Tool makes a versatile tool indoors, instead of going to the garage for the toolbox.

The other week I used the saw on the Swiss Tool on a rather small job it worked a treat, but I do miss the scissors.
"One SAK is all right. Two are too many, and three are not enough"

us Offline Smaug

• No Life Club
  • Desk Jockey
Reply #99 on: April 12, 2012, 05:47:14 PM

The other week I used the saw on the Swiss Tool on a rather small job it worked a treat, but I do miss the scissors.

They DO make SwissTool models with both the scissors and saw, you just have to forego the serrated blade. ;)
-Jeremy
"Well begun is half done."
-Aristotle

us Offline SAKplumber

Reply #100 on: May 30, 2012, 04:26:10 AM
Got my new SkinthVS sheath from Metropolicity today.  Awesome.  It'll fill in the gap I've had...not carrying my VIC outside of work because the SkinthXL housed so many tools and wasn't practical for carry everywhere else.  I'll wear the VS when I get to dress up!  Even with a suit.  Nobody will even see it.

You can see here(even thought the pic quality isn't all that) the brown "leather" is peeling off of the old sheath and showing the black underneath.  I didn't wear that Vic sheath but a month or two.

Offline jwh

Reply #101 on: May 30, 2012, 10:30:57 PM
It's official, my Swisstool 53905 came in a few minutes ago. I will try and get photos of it and my Swisstool Spirit X up soon. The fit and finish is everything I have come to expect from Victorinox. Looks like ma good collection of tools on her as well.

jwh

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #102 on: June 01, 2012, 09:22:57 AM
And I've got my first Spirit. :) It was listed as used, but its in a 98% overall condition (I think it was a shelf queen), only thing which bothers me, is that the blade has been engraved, and it's clearly not factory made. But hey, I've got it for $70, so I can live with it. :D

Spirit II BO:

Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

hr Offline enki_ck

• Global Moderator
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • I may get older but I refuse to grow up.
Reply #103 on: June 01, 2012, 09:44:48 AM
And I've got my first Spirit. :) It was listed as used, but its in a 98% overall condition (I think it was a shelf queen), only thing which bothers me, is that the blade has been engraved, and it's clearly not factory made. But hey, I've got it for $70, so I can live with it. :D

Spirit II BO:

If you're thinking of the 61/199 engraving, that's a sign of a special numbered limited run by Victorinox. It's not someone's birthday or something like that. It's a sorozatszám, as the seller said.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #104 on: June 01, 2012, 09:50:45 AM
You're just joking right? A limited run piece for $70? Hold on a sec, I've to commence a victory dance... F YEAH! :D :D I thought that IF Vic had made the engraving, they would have made it before the oxidizing, at least thats what I saw on other limited BO runs. SAKs though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 09:54:27 AM by borgwarrior »
Small collection of SAK's, (but growing rapidly. :D) not so fast at this time. :( And the most important of all: Ze Zuper Zoldier by Steve!  :ahhh
Wishlist for 2014: Rangergrip 88, Victorinox: CT41, Spirit X BO CC, Swisstool X BO, Some limited Alox stuffs and so on

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #105 on: June 01, 2012, 01:37:19 PM
You're just joking right? A limited run piece for $70? Hold on a sec, I've to commence a victory dance... F YEAH! :D :D I thought that IF Vic had made the engraving, they would have made it before the oxidizing, at least thats what I saw on other limited BO runs. SAKs though.

You scored, it matches the Spirit included on the Limited Military Set.  The engraving is the right style, the issue is correct, and they were cut after oxidizing it looks like.   If some one was going to fake it they would not use number 61.  :D   Unfortunately it would be worth a lot more as part of the set. Someone with set 61 will be sad if it was lost or stolen.

hu Offline borgwarrior

• Wait,what?
Reply #106 on: June 01, 2012, 02:05:38 PM
Nice. :climber: Now I'll only have to buy the matching Sentinel and the OHT. It will be cheaper, since it isn't a complete set,right? :D :gimme:

On the other hand, I just sent an email from whom I had bought the tool, regarding, does she have the two other SAKs?  :drool:
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 02:10:38 PM by borgwarrior »

Offline marduk

Reply #107 on: June 01, 2012, 02:53:03 PM
It may help finding the other 2 or the whole set in the original wooden military case if you search Google with its Vic number: 0.2010.MILI. Good Luck!

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #108 on: June 02, 2012, 04:37:40 AM
That looks like a really special one Borg, congrats! :tu:
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • Don't mistake lack of talent for genius.
Reply #109 on: June 02, 2012, 10:48:33 AM
Nice one Borg..  :multi:

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #110 on: June 02, 2012, 12:50:16 PM
Here's the latest family photos..

And just the BO.. Aussie Swisstool in the middle.. 8)

au Offline MultiMat

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • The MTO handshake.
Reply #111 on: June 02, 2012, 04:32:34 PM
Looking good Allan  8) 8) 8)

I must get some photos of my 98 Aussie Army SwissTool that arrived last week , it is a bit cool I reckon  :D :D. Work is kicking me in the arse though  :( :(

"Downunder Mod (that sounds dirty, doesn't it?)"
Yeh Baby :P >:D >:D

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Reply #112 on: June 03, 2012, 12:23:31 AM
Got my new SkinthVS sheath from Metropolicity today.  Awesome.  It'll fill in the gap I've had...not carrying my VIC outside of work because the SkinthXL housed so many tools and wasn't practical for carry everywhere else.  I'll wear the VS when I get to dress up!  Even with a suit.  Nobody will even see it.

<image-1>

You can see here(even thought the pic quality isn't all that) the brown "leather" is peeling off of the old sheath and showing the black underneath.  I didn't wear that Vic sheath but a month or two.

<Image-3>

Looks great!   I need to get off my butt and get a few of these.

us Offline wantalot

• New User
Reply #113 on: June 04, 2012, 01:19:43 AM
First post! I'm in.  :cheers:

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #114 on: June 04, 2012, 01:51:46 AM
welcome to the forum wantalot. :cheers:
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

dk Offline AHB

• Keeper Of The PowerCut
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #115 on: June 04, 2012, 10:02:01 PM
Good to have you here wantalot..  :tu:

us Offline SAKplumber

Reply #116 on: June 04, 2012, 10:27:26 PM
 :tu:

Hello from KY! Fancy meeting you HERE too!

:whistle:

us Offline wantalot

• New User
Reply #117 on: June 06, 2012, 05:57:07 AM
Thanks everyone. My wallet is thinning down as we speak.....

us Offline wantalot

• New User
Reply #118 on: June 06, 2012, 05:59:06 AM
:tu:

Hello from KY! Fancy meeting you HERE too!

:whistle:
I figured why not just join all of the forums?  :whistle:

ca Offline Beerplumber

• No Life Club
Reply #119 on: June 06, 2012, 09:20:20 AM
:ahhh I finally got my Swisstool X but haven't taken a pic yet! :ahhh I only wish they would make a scissors+SE like the spirit. I love that combonation. Otherwise I love the swisstool! $100 with the plus kit. I got the wrench not the ratchet. I'll be back with pics!

Stay multi my friends

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD