Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Jury Duty Tomorrow...

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Jury Duty Tomorrow...
on: July 23, 2007, 03:38:17 AM
...can I bring any tools at all? I should probably leave all tools at home, even my P4.  >:( I guess it's not that big of a deal, but what am I suposed to do while I sit there all those hours with no tools to play with?

Offline Anthony

• No Life Club
  • Improvise.
Re: Jury Duty Tomorrow...
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 04:38:11 AM
ha that always gets me...it's like YOU'RE on trial when you go in a courthouse ::)

[

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 05:37:44 AM
Take a SwissTech Utili-Key with you. They are easy to smuggle in on your keychain.

And not only are they fun to play with, but the pain from the cuts on your finger will keep you awake during the trial!  :P

In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2007, 06:14:25 AM
Jury duty BLOWS!!!  I was on jury duty once.  I was the last person dismissed from the jury through the process of selection.  It would have sucked if I was on that jury.  The trial lasted a long time and the guy was guilty as sin anyway.  I would have been borred out of my mind.  It is suprising to hear and witness firsthand what people will say to get out of it.  My excuse was that I was a college student and did not have the time to take part in my "civic duties."  The answer that I recieved was "the court will appoint you a private tutor."  I ended up getting dissmissed anyway, thank God.     

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: July 23, 2007, 07:58:48 AM
I convinced my dad to get a utilikey, he always seems to ask me for a knife, and even though I got him a PST with a bit adapter and bit case (the all even came in the same pouch) he never wears it, because he's the manager and he wears a suit. Most days he just carries his K.I.S.S. in his pocket, but I'll get him into the habit of using a multitool, and out of the habit of using a blade from the scissors or anything else sharp. One guy in the warehouse sometimes cuts the tape on boxes open with his fingernails.  ??? :-\  :o

BTW, my K.I.S.S. broke today, the little knob that holds it closed fell off.  :(

Mine was also around 3 dollars more than my dad's, because I got a black one.
[

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2007, 11:35:44 PM
Whew... long day. Easier than work though  :D I have to go back tomorrow. I left all my tools at home, and was left playing with my wedding ring all day. The Utilikey would probably get through, but I know I'd end up playing with it and I'm not sure how amused the balif would be about it...

us Offline CQC-7

• No Life Club
  • Right Wing Psychopath!
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2007, 12:24:23 AM
I have no doubt that a utilikey would make it through.  I once had a job where part of my duties required me to collect payments.  One payment that I had to collect was from a lady who worked at the courthouse.  They searched my briefcase the first few times that I had to go there, I also had to empty my pockets.  The small pen knife that I carried at the time never alarmed them whatsoever.  I guess that they figured that I used it to open mail and never seen it as a threat being that it only had a blade of about 1" long.   

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #7 on: July 25, 2007, 02:06:44 PM
If you really want to lighten things up, and make jury duty that much more interesting, you can jump up every now and then and yell OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• Formerly known as 665ae
  • No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #8 on: July 25, 2007, 05:48:48 PM
I always like turning to my fellow jurers and asking kind of loudly " Does Michigan have the death penalty?  Can we sentence him to die?  I think he/she needs to die for that."

Of course, that could be why I haven't been called for jury duty in over 10 years :)
If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #9 on: July 25, 2007, 05:51:18 PM
Or maybe they took offense to you smuggling Playboys into the courtroom so you could "read the articles" instead of listening to the testimonies?

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 05:54:16 PM
They we're all lying anyway.  I had already made up my mind that he was guilty :)

If you took all the intestines out of your body and stretched them end to end... you would die.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 06:25:52 PM
Plus the last thing you actually want to find yourself doing is listening to a lawyer!   :ahhh

Def

us Offline 665ae

• No Life Club
  • blah blah blah
Reply #12 on: July 25, 2007, 07:11:47 PM
Very true... plus I find that knowing what Miss March thinks are "turn ons" is much more important than paying attention in court :)

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #13 on: July 25, 2007, 07:50:11 PM
Unless of course you are talking about Night Court!

Def

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%