Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Lucky break!

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Lucky break!
on: July 25, 2007, 06:47:04 AM
     On American eBay, I was shopping for a Gerber Diesel (only Gerber tool I ever had was a Clutch, and I lost it a while ago), and I came upon an MP600, with yellow handles and a black oxide plier head (it also came with a yellow flashlight). It was most likely made for safety, but yellow is also my favorite color. I bid on it, and the day that it ended, it was about a half hour until the end, and I had completely forgotten about it, after looking forward to it all day. I went to the shower, and by the time I finished, dried off, etc., it had ended, and I was outbid by about one US dollar. I was not happy, as you can guess, but I decided to just put it behind me, and go after a Diesel again.
     I found and bid on a cheap Diesel, and at the same time, I stumbled upon a Gerber Nautilus. The Nautilus intrigued me because it had all the tools I use the most (I've used a flashlight so much lately at work), and it had an ergonomic design. I later got outbid on the Diesel, and bid a few American cents more than the high bid. The next day I was frustrated, because the tools were almost over, and I was winning both of them, but I only wanted the Nautilus, I had lost almost all interest in the Diesel, mainly due to my budget. It also didn't help that I had a class during the final hour of the auctions (they ended within ten minutes of each other). So I had no chance to put up a last minute bid on the Nautilus. To compensate for this, I decided to put up a high maximum bid, and hope for the best.
     Later in the day, I realised I was a moron, because there were Nautiluses for the same price that I could've gone after, had I not won. So I was worried now that, not only would I have to spend almost 30 (after shipping) American dollars on a tool that I didn't want at the moment, but I also potentially had to pay more than twice the ammount of the current bid on the Nautilus (20 USD to 50 USD after shipping) that I could get on a different auction for still 20 USD. Here's where I get lucky.
     After my class, I came home to see the potentially horriffic results. To my great relief, not only had noone bid on the Nautilus, (so I got it for 20 USD after shipping) but someone bid 30 USC more than me on the Diesel, so I didn't have to waste my money. As if that weren't lucky enough, I got an e-mail about 3-4 hours later, saying that the person who outbid me on the yellow MP600 failed to pay, and I could buy the tool for the 30 USD I originally offered. So, in addition to the two tanto lockblades that are coming soon, I'm also getting an awesome MP600 and a Nautilus. I also get to check out a utilikey, to see if I'd fancy one for myself.

-Joey
[

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Lucky break!
Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 02:03:01 PM
Very cool!  As Hannibal Smith used to say...

I LOVE IT WHEN A PLAN COMES TOGETHER!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 12:41:41 AM
Sounds like it all went your way Viper! Congrats! Make sure you take a few pictures and tell us how you like your new goodies when they arrive.  :)
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Offline Viper

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 04:11:53 AM
Will do!  :multi:
[

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30