Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

UFO's

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
  • One Day Closer To Death
UFO's
on: April 07, 2010, 06:51:32 AM
I don't want to get into a debate over whether little green men exist or not...just curious who has seen one and what your thoughts are about what it may have been.

My only experience was driving down Rt 18 in New Brunswick, NJ. I looked up through the windshield and saw a light that was quite high up, move incredibly fast from one point in the sky to another North to south. I had to get my eyes back on the road so it was very brief, and after a second glance it was gone, but it moved much faster than any conventional craft and was definitely not a meteorite which I have seen many times.

Kinda boring, but that's all I got
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:54:15 AM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Re: UFO's
Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 07:43:57 AM
I used to believe in them quite strongly, but I'm a lot more skeptical of late :-\

I still believe in ET's, but where's the evidence? You'd think with all these mobile phone camera's we'd be inundated with pictures/video of them ???

I'm not knocking your story (far from it mate) as I too thought I saw one when I was 15 :)
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 01:52:46 PM
Seen plenty of weird stuff in the sky, some I couldn't explain.  This does make them UFOs but I very much doubt they had anything to do with little green men :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that intelligent life doesn't exist somewhere other than Earth, its just that the distances are so vast that unless we've really mucked up on the speed of light being top whack I just can't see them ever showing up.

Then again..... why not build a bunch of probes and fire them off at interesting looking stars and see what data they send back in a few thousands /tens of thousands etc. of years.  Assuming you've got a nice stable civilisation this might be the kind of interesting project you'd do.  Also assuming you're a pretty advanced society you can probably knock together probes that we can't even recognise as such....

:think:

Perhaps Mike's a probe  :ahhh
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: April 07, 2010, 02:08:27 PM
Yeah I saw an odd on when I was a kid. Early teens. I was laying in bed looking out the window. It was a bright white light moving about the same pace you'd expect an airplane to move. But it was odd cuz it was bright enough to look like the headlight of a plane, but it was moving the wrong way, like the plane was in reverse, which is what caught my attention. Then I noticed there were no marker strobes (was living in a flight path at the time so I saw enough planes on a daily basis to know what I was looking at). Still I just thought it was odd, but nothing special. That's when I noticed the really strange part, a bit behind it was a red light following it, swaying back and forth. The red light was a little ways behind the white one rapidly changing direction left to right. It reminded me of a fighter swinging back and forth trying to break a missle lock.

Then things got really strange. All of of a sudden the white light just stopped dead in the sky. The red light closed in and then did something no way a fighter could have done. It changed direction HARD, and accelerated upwards so fast I lost track of it like instantly. Within maybe a second it was so far away I couldn't see it. The white just sat there hovering. For about 5 minutes the large white light just sat there dead still in the sky, with no further sign of the red one. I went to go to the other room to get a better view from the back porch but when I got there the light was gone. I checked again from my bedroom and sure enough there was no sign of the white one any more. To this day I regret having tried to change window, because it's always bugged me wondering what exactly happened to the white one when I  wasn't looking.

us Offline yud

• No Life Club
  • Still has a SOGgy feeling
Reply #4 on: April 07, 2010, 03:35:47 PM
Living in Ohio home to Wright Pat (reported home of the Roswell bodys), you would think I believe. But I don't, I believe sightings can be explained with out ET.

Just another weirdo with a beard :B:

Knight of the SOSAK and Defender of the sacred nail file

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: April 07, 2010, 03:39:35 PM
Well sure, but we aren't talking about aliens, we're talking about seeing unexplained shyt in the sky. None of us have attributed what we saw to spacecraft from Omicron Theta VI, just saying it was crap we couldn't identify. For all I know I was watching a Helicopter and a UAV.

spam Offline EM745

Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 04:53:48 PM
Well sure, but we aren't talking about aliens, we're talking about seeing unexplained shyt in the sky. None of us have attributed what we saw to spacecraft from Omicron Theta VI, just saying it was crap we couldn't identify. For all I know I was watching a Helicopter and a UAV.

The guys in the black suits got to you, didn't they.  :-\

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: April 07, 2010, 06:53:58 PM
SSsshhhhh... can't talk here, not safe

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #8 on: April 07, 2010, 07:01:12 PM
And how comes we dont see any in the uk  :D   :ahhh

fr Offline Whoey

• Administrator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I am geek, hear me code
Reply #9 on: April 07, 2010, 07:04:47 PM

Torchwood.
The difficult we do immediately, the impossible takes a little longer.

scotland Offline Gareth

• Admin Team
  • Point Of No Return
Reply #10 on: April 07, 2010, 07:07:33 PM

Bathgate (west of Edinburgh) is a hotspot for them apparently.  I've seen plenty UFOs, doesn't mean I think they're Aliens though, just means I have no idea what they were.  I'm perfectly open to the idea of Alien life but I need this little thing called "proof" before I believe they've visited here.
Be excellent to each other and always know where your towel is.

gb Offline Zed

• Zombie Apprentice
Reply #11 on: April 07, 2010, 07:10:07 PM

Bathgate (west of Edinburgh) is a hotspot for them apparently.  I've seen plenty UFOs, doesn't mean I think they're Aliens though, just means I have no idea what they were.  I'm perfectly open to the idea of Alien life but I need this little thing called "proof" before I believe they've visited here.

ive never seen a thing, but i never believed in ghost but now have seen and felt to many odd things not to believe, i feel the same about UFO's etc, but as gareth i need proof  :tu:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #12 on: April 07, 2010, 09:17:03 PM
i believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis.

Oh and Zuul..the minion of Gozer.

With the mutiverse theory anything is possible.
:like:    :MTO:

gb Offline Mike, Lord of the Spammers!

• Chief of the Absolutely No Life Club!
  • Abandon All Hope Ye Who Enter Here...
  • Why haven't you got a Farmer yet!
Reply #13 on: April 07, 2010, 09:33:57 PM
i believe in UFOs, astral projections, mental telepathy, ESP, clairvoyance, spirit photography, telekinetic movement, full trance mediums, the Loch Ness monster and the theory of Atlantis.

Oh and Zuul..the minion of Gozer.

With the mutiverse theory anything is possible.
:rofl: :rofl:
Give in, buy several Farmer's!!!!!!

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 09:36:47 PM
I'm with Gareth.   :tu:
I'm back!!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 10:00:10 PM
Seen plenty of weird stuff in the sky, some I couldn't explain.  This does make them UFOs but I very much doubt they had anything to do with little green men :D

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that intelligent life doesn't exist somewhere other than Earth, its just that the distances are so vast that unless we've really mucked up on the speed of light being top whack I just can't see them ever showing up.

Then again..... why not build a bunch of probes and fire them off at interesting looking stars and see what data they send back in a few thousands /tens of thousands etc. of years.  Assuming you've got a nice stable civilisation this might be the kind of interesting project you'd do.  Also assuming you're a pretty advanced society you can probably knock together probes that we can't even recognise as such....

:think:

Perhaps Mike's a probe  :ahhh

What about wormhole travel?

There's also some ufo nutcases who think ufo's are based under the oceans and travel through vortices(sp) located around the planet like bermuda & devils triangle..... or maybe these people have to much free time on their hands  ::)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:01:51 PM by Blackbeard »
BB :B:

us Offline Pacu

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #16 on: April 07, 2010, 10:01:14 PM

Quaid....start the reactor...

There are prob aliens we don't want to meet.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:10:13 PM by Pacu »
:like:    :MTO:

england Offline Benner

• Global Tuffy
  • Absolute Zombie Club
  • Just Awesome! And a Slayer of Polar Bear!
Reply #17 on: April 07, 2010, 10:08:06 PM
 :rofl:
I'm back!!

us Offline Blackbeard

• No Life Club
Reply #18 on: April 07, 2010, 10:53:16 PM
What, no Uranus jokes?  :D

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 04:17:38 AM
Neil's got it right, there ain't no Aliens on earth, and there never will be. The distances involved between suitable stars are just too great. And even if they did show up 10,000 years from now as a result of tracking our TV signals or some other such nonsense, there's no way they would risk dropping into the toxic soup of hostile bacteria that makes up the atmosphere we live and breathe in. :-\

Which is a bummer. :(
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%