Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

bad trade with jim guy

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
bad trade with jim guy
on: May 20, 2010, 01:07:17 AM
this may be a first, but Im gonna post negative feedback on myself. I had a trade with DaveK that didnt go so good on my end. I sent him a st200 that wasnt up to snuff. I looked at the tool when I got it in and I didnt see anything major wrong with it. The wire cutters ended up being messed up some. I offered to send another one or the pulse back and pay all costs. Dave is a gentleman and wouldnt accept. He is a stand up guy. I need to inspect tools a little closer.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Re: bad trade with jim guy
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 01:13:43 AM
Things like this happen sometimes.  One person see's a pristine tool, another see's the blemishes.  Its happened to me on both ends.  When I first started hear two of my items I sent Dave didn't make it; he was a gentleman the whole time.  He even helped me with international shipping and taught me some much needed packing skills.  Live and learn...then get Luvs.

Edit:  I also find clear pics at every angle help in all trades, especially when someone is wanting something as new as possible. Jim if you need a camera to borrow for awhile...I have a beater that will still take very good pics you can borrow.  Its also probably the easiest to use camera I have ever seen or used.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 01:16:41 AM by Zack »

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 01:19:39 AM
Jim - there was no need to do this mate, I understand that it wasn't intentional, it's a mistake anyone could have made, and all has worked out well in the end anyway :)

No hard feelings from here  :cheers:

Things like this happen sometimes.  One person see's a pristine tool, another see's the blemishes.  Its happened to me on both ends.  When I first started hear two of my items I sent Dave didn't make it; he was a gentleman the whole time.  He even helped me with international shipping and taught me some much needed packing skills.  Live and learn...then get Luvs.

... and thanks for that Zack  :cheers:

We trade these (quite valuable) things like they're ten-a-penny and mistakes are going to happen from time to time. I highlighted the problem to Jim just so that he was aware - I'm not upset or out of pocket on the deal, and Jim has been a gent in our discussions about it.

I wouldn't hesitate to trade with him again, as the feedback forum here tells me it was just an unfortunate glitch :)
I used to come here a lot.

spam Offline Zack

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 01:21:31 AM
Jim - there was no need to do this mate, I understand that it wasn't intentional, it's a mistake anyone could have made, and all has worked out well in the end anyway :)

No hard feelings from here  :cheers:

Things like this happen sometimes.  One person see's a pristine tool, another see's the blemishes.  Its happened to me on both ends.  When I first started hear two of my items I sent Dave didn't make it; he was a gentleman the whole time.  He even helped me with international shipping and taught me some much needed packing skills.  Live and learn...then get Luvs.

Its just a shame the Jim has quit trading.
... and thanks for that Zack  :cheers:

We trade these (quite valuable) things like they're ten-a-penny and mistakes are going to happen from time to time. I highlighted the problem to Jim just so that he was aware - I'm not upset or out of pocket on the deal, and Jim has been a gent in our discussions about it.

I wouldn't hesitate to trade with him again, as the feedback forum here tells me it was just an unfortunate glitch :)

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 01:22:16 AM
this is more of a public appologize.

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 01:25:03 AM
the only reason I quit trading is because I have all the retired LMs Ive been looking for. Not because of bad trades, Ive had some great trades!

england Offline DaveK

• Zombie Apprentice
  • Sing, Michael, sing. On the route of the 19 Bus!
Reply #6 on: May 20, 2010, 01:27:28 AM
Nobody's doubting that Jim :)
I used to come here a lot.

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #7 on: May 20, 2010, 01:32:27 AM
oh Im not being defensive, Ive just realized how hard some of my retired tools are getting to find. It took me awhile to get a sideclip and a bo mini among others. I just figured out I should keep them and start buying the in production tools I want instead of trading retired tools for them.

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
  • Pitbulls are people too
Reply #8 on: May 20, 2010, 02:05:01 PM
  First off, I want to commend Jim for his honesty :salute:.
Now with that being said, I do feel there is a prevailent problem with the differences in standards when describing the condition of a knife or a multi tool. Usually when I describe an item as being in excellent condition, its practically new, but I have had trades where a person describes their item as being in excellent condition and it looks like it was tied to the back of their pick up and dragged across the state. I think a chart should be posted as a sticky
Stating how to describe your knife or multi, under;
New
Like new
Excellent condition
Very good condition
Good condition
User
Beater

The chart should describe what it takes for the item to fall under one of these descriptions.

Just a thought. :)
[

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: May 20, 2010, 02:37:44 PM
I would have sent pics but I didnt have my camera available. Pics are the best, then they can decide on the condition. The LM in question was said to be in good condition.

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: May 20, 2010, 04:19:49 PM
 Jim I feel the standards have been steadily lowering for what people claim are "excellent condition" and very "good condition", on trades and sales,  for quite a while now and not just here but on other exchange sites that I am a member of.
 So I have been dying to voice this for quite a while and it has absolutely nothing to do with you but your thread gave me the oppurtunity to finally voice it.
  Sorry if it seemed I was attacking you in any way.
  In other words....
  Its all gravy son. :D
[

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: May 20, 2010, 04:30:44 PM
I can honestly say the people Ive traded with on here have been spot on with describing condition. I will have to inspect mine a little more.

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #12 on: May 20, 2010, 04:43:31 PM
  I would say 99% of my trades here have been on the money. Have had a few guys here who I've traded regularly with who's word is gospel, NO pics needed.
This is by far my favorite site to do business in.
[

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #13 on: May 20, 2010, 04:56:28 PM
I see only one reasonable solution.

Send me the tools.  I'll function as an intermediary.  If they don't measure up to the description, I'll dispose of the offending tool.  :D

us Offline nelly1974

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 11:48:16 PM
I see only one reasonable solution.

Send me the tools.  I'll function as an intermediary.  If they don't measure up to the description, I'll dispose of the offending tool.  :D

Yeeeaaaaa.....  not so sure about that one Whip man. ::)  :)
[

Offline gav

Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 10:09:59 PM
that st200 in question was actually for me.i contacted dave to source one and he did.dont feel too bad about it jim,the tool was like new with only very very minimal marks on the cutters.by the time dave worked his magic on it,i swear,i could hardly tell the difference between it and somthing out of the box.a very shiny example of one also i must add.i'm very happy with it and dave will back this up too.cheers bud :cheers:

by the way,nice bike.i have a '04 kawasaki Z1000 myself.bright green of course.

gav :tu:

00 Offline jim guy

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 10:30:52 PM
ooh a 1000 nice!! Im on the hunt for a kawai H1 or H2 right now.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%