Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

S60-N The best money I ever spent

us Offline sawman

• Absolutely No Life Club
  • You're amongst friends.
S60-N The best money I ever spent
on: July 17, 2010, 01:22:45 AM
Today I received a very eagerly awaited package containing a SOG S60-N with nylon sheath. I find that the toolset has everything on my wishlist and appreciate the ability to customize and maintain this multitool. I have some spare implements for it (1/2 serr knife, saw and awl) and given everything on the tool can be replaced, I plan to use the hell out of it to the fullest. I had been EDCing a LM ST300 in part because I like the replaceable wire-cutters, but with the SOG PL, if I ever FUBAR a set of pliers, I can order and install myself a brand new plier-head for $10.00. Even the component flap-covers are replaceable not that I can imagine screwing those up. The components include more screwdriver options and after some consideration, I actually prefer the Philips #1 because it fits many phillips as well as some of the smaller ones. The pliers flip (actually glide) open and crush down when you close them as if they were hydrolic. I like the spring mechanism of the scissors, and they cut superviously. IMO, the SOG PL quality, functionality and customizability encompasses the true spirit of what a multitool should be. It's my new main EDC for good reason. In summary, I feel I got way more than my money's worth and will definitely be buying more SOGs.
SAW

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD