Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Pockits.com got hacked!

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Pockits.com got hacked!
on: August 31, 2010, 04:24:27 PM
I just got a call from Bob at Pockits.com and he told me that his site was hacked!

Sure enough, I looked and it is down! 

www.pockits.com

As you can imagine, he's pretty pissed, but maybe he can turn this around into a marketing campaign!  "Pockits Brand sheaths are stronger than the Internet, more durable than most websites!"

Seriously Bob, if you are reading this, I hope you get it sorted soon buddy!  It royally sucks when this happens, and I'm sure everyone here is pulling for you!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Re: Pockits.com got hacked!
Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 04:33:22 PM
Hacked, or DDOSed?

ni-ulster Offline cerbera147

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: August 31, 2010, 04:55:52 PM
Plenty o prats on the interweb  :rant:

I get this when I click the link  :-\

Hope it doesn't hurt his business too much; hopefully he'll sort it quick  :tu:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.pockits.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Offline pockits

Reply #3 on: August 31, 2010, 05:55:53 PM
Def,

Thanks for letting everybody know and yes I am pissed  :rant: !! However we will weather the storm the same way our Utility Holsters do!

The www.pockits.com site has been a legitimate site since it's launch in Y2K. This is the first time we have had a problem so I guess we're pretty fortunate. 

We will be back up ASAP!

Thanks,
Pockitsman

um Offline Mr. Whippy

• Global Moderator
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • North American Meetup: May13-15 2011
Reply #4 on: August 31, 2010, 05:57:25 PM
Plenty o prats on the interweb  :rant:

I get this when I click the link  :-\

Hope it doesn't hurt his business too much; hopefully he'll sort it quick  :tu:

Reported Attack Page!

This web page at www.pockits.com has been reported as an attack page and has been blocked based on your security preferences.

Attack pages try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack pages intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Can we get an update when the site is repaired?  I don't have sophisticated security, and don't need to accidently click into an attack page.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #5 on: August 31, 2010, 06:01:32 PM
It's been neutralized by his ISP- it should be safe to click on now, although you won't see much except a warning.  We wouldn't post dangerous links!

Either way, I'm sure Bob will keep us updated!

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: August 31, 2010, 06:23:49 PM
If I click through and ignore the 'warning' everything looks good but every link I click brings up the warning page  :-\

What I meant earlier was if a potential customer went to Bob's website and got the warning page they naturally be wary  :-\

I do hope you get it sorted soon  :salute:

Bloody internet pirates  :rant: You wouldn't get this from a ninja

ca Offline jzmtl

• Absolutely No Life Club
Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 09:42:58 PM
Looks like it's back online. If I were king of the world I'd hand out death sentence to every hacker, but then again I'd hand out the same thing to a lot other scumbags too.

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #8 on: September 01, 2010, 12:02:38 AM
You and me both Jie....

Def

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: September 01, 2010, 07:37:07 AM
The www.pockits.com site has been a legitimate site since it's launch in Y2K.

That probably explains how it was hacked. Old CMSes have more holes in them than a Skeletool. Ironically, getting stamped as an unsecure site can be more damaging than the attack itself, since those visiting will get a very scary looking message

Offline pockits

Reply #10 on: September 01, 2010, 02:41:36 PM
Thanks for all your comments and input! We are up any running again,  I checked the site first thing this morning, at 6:35 MST! I'm with you guys I would love to be able to track down these hackers and neutralize them  :twak:!! Hopefully back to business as usual without any more problems!

Pockitsman

• No Life Club
Reply #11 on: September 01, 2010, 02:47:37 PM
Thanks for all your comments and input! We are up any running again,  I checked the site first thing this morning, at 6:35 MST! I'm with you guys I would love to be able to track down these hackers and neutralize them  :twak:!! Hopefully back to business as usual without any more problems!

Pockitsman

Hurrah  :drink:  :tu:

No more scary messages at my end :D

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 09:21:34 PM

Pockitsman

sorry 'bout that... i was just lookin ::)  j/k  glad to hear its back up....  :cheers:
'

Offline GotUCovered

Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 11:35:34 PM
I just checked out the site, and I'm still trying to figure out just what it is they they sell.  Is it just a custom embroidery place?

nl Offline jan.

Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 12:04:22 AM

• No Life Club
Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 09:43:32 AM
I just checked out the site, and I'm still trying to figure out just what it is they they sell.  Is it just a custom embroidery place?

They sell pouches, holsters, etc. for your multitools, flashlights, phones, etc.  :tu:

IIRC they design and produce the cases that Nite Ize sell  :tu:

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD