Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Got a new bag

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Got a new bag
on: September 18, 2010, 06:49:04 PM
When I go geocaching I bring my DSLR and try to fit everything I need in there. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of room in my lowepro bag, so it gets ridiculously tight in the one pocket and I seriously fear losing items from packing them so tight. I've been looking into maxpedition bags, but I want something that's meant for a DSLR and is simply a good bag on top. Maxpedition is also a bit pricey for me when you see the total cost of getting one to norway + customs.

I went geocaching today and the need for a better bag became even more obvious as I brought a few extra multitools to take pics of. I went to a local mall and looked at what they had and I found one that looked close to perfect for my needs. At $75 it wasn't cheap but also not really that expensive.

The bag is a Tuscano "Caprico for SLR", black/dark green: http://new.tucano.it/shop/carico-for-slr.html
It has room for my DSLR and it also has 5 extra pockets for my GC gear.
There are two pockets in the front, both with two inner pockets. There are pockets on either side of the bag, and what I love about those is that they are shaped so they expand to form a bulge around the DSLR lense, so you don't waste the space like on the lowepro but you can still use the main compartment for something besides a DSLR if you so want. The last pocket is in the back and doesn't have any sort of closing mechanism so I figure that's a good compartment for snacks or a single use rain poncho.

The shoulder strap isn't very impressive on this bag, but I have plenty of those already. The camera is suspended in a elestic sort of harness which takes a bit more work to get it into that the lowepro, but I get used to that.

I don't carry a lot when geocaching but I do carry more than the lowepro could handle, so this bag seems perfect for my needs. The quality seems to be really nice all over as well.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Re: Got a new bag
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:34:33 PM
Andreas,

The photos in your posts don't show up when I read your posts because they are blocked by the my proxy security software. 

Luckily, this is easy to fix.  Specify "http://" in your image links instead of "https://"

Thanks.

Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

Offline Andreas

• No Life Club
Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:39:17 PM
Unfortunately too late for me to edit but I'll remember that in the future

spam Offline John

• No Life Club
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 11:42:31 PM
I see pictures here  ;)

de Offline Turnstone

• No Life Club
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 10:39:08 AM
I couldn't see the pictures yesterday, but today I can see them  :think:  :tu:

I gave up carrying my DSLR while Geocaching, and now I just carry a small point and shoot camera, and if I go to scenic places a Panasonic Lumix. I found out that I just couldn't combine geocaching with photography. Taking pictures on the way, yes. But not with all the stuff included when I use my DSLR with all the things that I carry with it. A simple camera without any additional stuff works better for me when I am on the hunt for tupperware.

Offline ecfiffer

Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 09:18:18 PM
looks like a nice bag.  i was in a similar spot only have found that my jumbo has suited me rather well for the dlsr carry.  but i'm not a geocahcer either... :cheers:
'

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
June Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Total Receipts: $81.95
PayPal Fees: $4.26
Net Balance: $77.69
Below Goal: $222.31
Site Currency: USD