Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Victorinox... Standard? Spartan? Help with identicifaction wanted!

Offline stigf

• New User
Hello!

Today, when I was cleaning up in our garage, I found a Victorinox SAK, but can't seem to find out anything about it.
It has the same tools as the Spartan, but without a keyring, tweezer and keyring. The awl is without an eye too. From what i have found, this means that it is the earlier Standard model, but the thing about the logo puzzles me. Is this something Victorinox did for a while, or is it fake or something?

On one side of the root of the blade it says:
Victorinox
Switzerland
Stainless
Roistfrei

And on the other side there is a drawing of something that looks like a umbrella with a cross under it, and it is written "Officier Suisse" under it.

I hope that someone can enlighten me on the details surrounding this SAK, and i apologize in advance for my horrible English.

Thanks in advance!
Stig.

EDIT: It is 91mm long.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:45:34 PM by stigf »

us Offline stressmaster5000

• No Life Club
  • No PM's - just email please
The shield is the old Victorinox "Economy" style shield that is "Hot-Stamped" into the scale.

gb Offline Neil

• Multitool.org Main Site Manager
  • Zombie Apprentice
Welcome to the forum Stig.  :cheers:

You're right its a Standard. Probably made between 1980 and 1985.

The hot-stamped logo was used on the Victorinox economy line between 1979 and 1994.
I'm not taking any more mod orders at present, sorry.

us Offline ICanFixThat

• No Life Club
Welcome! 

Nice find; the solid scales I think feel better than those with the toothpick and tweezers.  especially the really old ones.

Since no one mentioned it yet "...looks like a umbrella with a cross under..."; that's a crossbow which was a mark from a Swiss manufacturing group that only manufacturers meeting a high level of quality int their processes and products were allowed to use.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $56.34
PayPal Fees: $2.74
Net Balance: $53.60
Below Goal: $246.40
Site Currency: USD
18%