Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Key Ring Multis

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Key Ring Multis
on: October 15, 2006, 05:43:27 PM
 I've got a space open in my cell phone pouch for a key ring sized multi, I've already have tucked in an Alox Bantam,and an Vic Executive.I want to add something pliers based,and my choices are the Squirt P4,SOG Cross Grip,and Gerber Clutch.Has anybody done a head to head comparison on the three? Any recommendations?I don't know if they will ever see much action,but I'd like to have one handy just in case.
I

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Key Ring Multis
Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 06:23:05 PM
I have two of the three, and the one that I am missing- the Squirt- I have a similar model.

Quite honestly, out of the three, I'd suggest the SOG CrossGrip.  It is the largest, but not by much, and the pliers are significant.  The others have pliers that are good but not up to any heavy duty activities.  The CrossGrip's pliers aren't up to anything too major either, but seem significantly sturdier than the others.  Plus, the compound leverage actually does make a difference on such a small tool.

Def
CG01.JPG
* CG01.JPG (Filesize: 49.93 KB)
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

Offline I'm Still Bison

• No Life Club
  • Supreme Planetary Overlord trainee
Re: Key Ring Multis
Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 05:26:32 PM
I'm probably going to go with the Cross Grip;not only does it look more robust,but it's lighter by a few grams.
I

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD