Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Anybody using Nite Ize Pock-Its

edap617 · 30 · 14906

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Anybody using Nite Ize Pock-Its
on: November 27, 2010, 02:16:09 PM
While I was in Manila 3 days ago, Gene gave me this Nite Ize Pock-Its.  As soon as I arrived home yesterday I've been using it to carry my SwissTool Spirit X and my L2D. Both are perfect fit. I tried my Wave and it's also a perfect fit.

Anybody else using Pock-Its?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 02:17:47 PM by edap617 »

00 Offline Dtrain

• "Southbound Whatchya Leave Behind Ya?"
Re: Anybody using Nite Ize Pock-Its
Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 05:13:25 PM
I have off and on as of late..For a long time exclusively...Holds up decent and versatile!
"It seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time"

gb Offline nuphoria

• Ambidangerous Mistress of Mod
  • Admin Team
  • Zombie Apprentice
  • I'm not all bad, I'm just drawn that way.
Reply #2 on: November 27, 2010, 07:15:36 PM
I have the XL, but never really carried it much. Ended up loading it up and throwing it in a bag for a bit.... many organisers have come and gone since that phase :D
A dyslexic man walks in to a bra...

All my music for free: http://soundcloud.com/chrissyvandyke

us Offline Agent X68

• "My blackberry's not working" (see sig for video)
Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 07:30:51 PM
I have the same thing and it is a little heavy, so I throw it in my backpack most of the time.
Make a tool idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot. Also, Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
:)  See my personal text:

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Reply #4 on: November 28, 2010, 12:56:00 AM
I have a Pock-Its XL on my duty belt, and it has happily survived a few years' worth of bar fights with no problems.  I have an update planned for SOSAKOnline, so you'll see some good pics of how it's held up in a few days.

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #5 on: November 28, 2010, 01:56:09 AM
I have had a Multi Pock-Its for a few years. It's been re-purposed many times and is currently acting as my camera case. Very rugged and very well made. After years of use and abuse it still shows almost zero signs of wear and will no doubt continue to serve me in many different functions for years to come.

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #6 on: November 28, 2010, 02:17:15 AM
Just added a Spacepen in my Pock-Its.

us Offline parnass

• No Life Club
  • 4x4 since '74
Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 03:41:14 AM
I have a couple of Pock-Its and a Pock-Its XL and I belt carry them from time to time.    The concept is very good, although they can become a little too heavy after loading them up with both a multitool and a flashlight.

The velcro on my original black Pock-Its is becoming frazzled, so I bought a camo version when I found it on clearance sale.   Both were older stock and made in USA, before manufacturing was moved to China.
Retired engineer, author.

A man with one multitool always knows exactly which to use. A man with many multitools is never quite sure. - parnass

gb Offline rlocock

Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 07:38:50 PM
This has reminded me that I traded a pouch for one of these on another forum a while ago.I will have to try and find to put it to use. ::)

ph Offline Teofilo

• No Life Club
Reply #9 on: November 29, 2010, 12:04:19 AM
Just added a Spacepen in my Pock-Its.
(Image removed from quote.)

I like the combinations, Ed! Spirit w/ L2d and a Classic, very nice!

ph Offline edap617

• No Life Club
Reply #10 on: November 29, 2010, 12:24:29 AM
Gene, thanx again for the Pock-Its. It's exactly what I need.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #11 on: November 29, 2010, 08:31:16 AM
I've a pock-its since 2008, i think. Now it is attached to my sitka, used as a cell phone-torch-swisstool-pen-whatever-holder. It's not the model you pictured, though.

Offline pockits

Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 07:07:47 PM
We are proud to say that our original Pock-its Utility Holsters, in all colors, are still made in the USA  :ahhh  The good thing is we keep total control on our all of production and are probability the only company that offers a warranty on sewn goods. I've attached a link for anyone who would like to view it at there convenience http://www.mypockits.com/media/LifeTimePromiseWarranty.pdf I also want to extend to anyone whoever has any issues with any of our products that you can contact me personally and I will do whatever I can to resolve the issue.
Thank you for your business!

bob@pockits.com   
Bob Reichardt
President / Pock-its

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 01:11:25 PM
My only question is about the velcro hook patch on the front*... it sometimes got stuck in my jacket, wearing its inside off.

what was it supposed for?

anyway, :tu:

*the one you see here, the little one, under the flap

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 02:42:33 PM
That's the one I have. The front velcro is actually nice sometimes. If you don't have anything very big in there it allows you to close the flap down tighter and secure it down a lot better. I agree it gets in the way most of the time, but I don't remove it because whenever I decide to carry smaller items in there it allows for it to be secured down much better and reduces the amount of flopping around the small items can do in the main compartment.

it Offline sardauker

• Just arrived
Reply #15 on: November 30, 2010, 04:49:06 PM
I've simply cut a little piece of loop velcro and secured it.

was it so easy? was it the second point of closure?

us Offline thebullfrog

• No Life Club
Reply #16 on: December 01, 2010, 04:33:07 PM
I thought about doing that too, but I never have any spare velcro laying around and certainly never think to buy any when I'm out lol.

But yeah, it's just a second closure point for when you have smaller items in there and it doesn't come quite in handy at those times. It lets you close it up a lot more compact and secure when you don't need the extra height.

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Reply #17 on: December 13, 2010, 05:41:28 PM
It appears to be that the last shown photograph is a nite ize nmp-03-01 model that is not made anymore.
Can someone verify?
I have looked on the web site and it is not there and all places that sell nite ize show it as unavailable.
This model will appear better with my uniform than the XL.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

za Offline Jors

• Johan Crous
Reply #18 on: December 14, 2010, 04:46:13 PM
I found one on EBay, but maybe I will have to wait some time as it must be shipped first (USPS to ZA)
Can't wait.
Regards
Johan

LEATHERMAN: Charge TTi; Super Tool 300; Surge; Pulse; Squirt P4; Micra; MUT STD; Bit Adapter; Universal Bit Adapter; Bit Extender; Leatherman Bit Kit; SOG: Powerlock (S60); Pocket PowerPlier (S44-N); Paratool (S31-N); CrossCut (CC51-CP); Rebar.
Lightsaver LS805 Commando; LED P7 & P5 (EDC); Maratac AAA (EDC Backup); Maglite Solitaire LED.
Cold Steel Lawman; Cudeman 8" & 10" Bowie. 4 Joseph Rogers, 4 Opinel; Buck 110 & 112 & 503.
www.johancrous.co.za

us Offline gafftapegreenia

• No Life Club
Reply #19 on: February 11, 2011, 07:38:13 AM
I LOVE my Pock-its XL. Fully loaded I have in it a Leatherman Core and Vic 2 AA LED light in the main section, a Vic Electrician and Husky folding utility knife in the front, and a Greenlee combo wire stripper/crimper/cutter in the back.
Fan of the Leatherman mini-bit driver and the Vic backspring philips.

us Offline Mercury

• Admin Team
  • Absolutely No Life Club
  • Wearer of the Cloak of Band-aye-eed.
Reply #20 on: August 25, 2011, 05:28:43 AM
I just picked up a Pockits from Amazon.  I work in a Collision center and I have to carry a rather long auto-writer paint pen to mark cars and parts, so I figured the pockits pouch would do nicely to round up at least half the stuff I carry daily.  I'm a little worried it might look huge on the belt.  Anyone still using theirs?

us Offline Pacu

Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 03:37:42 PM
I just bought one of these at academy for holding my klein cutters, fluke punchdown tool, markers, and monarch torch.

:tu:
:like:    :MTO:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:44 PM
Mine doesn't see as much use as it used to since I don't work at the bar anymore, but I barely noticed it was there when I was wearing it. It does seem a bit out of place when you are wearing khakis or something, but if you are the kind of guys who needs tools for a living (trades, maintenance, etc) then I don't think anyone will pay any attention to it.

Def

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline mashguy4077

Reply #23 on: December 12, 2020, 09:10:42 AM
Sorry to bump this old thread but does anyone happen to know Bobs contact info?

I’d like to ask him if he possibly has 1 or 2 original old stock for sale, I’d like a couple spares. :gimme:

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
Reply #24 on: January 05, 2021, 01:47:58 PM
I spoke to Bob not too long ago, and he is all but retired now.  If there is anything left its probably in Nite Ize's hands now.  I'd suggest contacting their customer service and see what they have to say.

Def

us Offline mashguy4077

Reply #25 on: July 02, 2021, 10:01:08 AM
Well I have decided to quit looking for another one of these.
The three I have will last me the rest of my life. My first one which I bought off here is still going strong and is carried everyday, and there are zero holes worn thru it. I was shocked how long it has lasted so far.

I loved it so much that I found another one off of a member here which is brand new but has some company logo on it which I bought to keep as a spare.

Then I was browsing eBay later on and found another original with the badger logo.
I received it in the mail and it was in MINT condition. I dont even think it was ever used.

So I just wanted to say again how much I love this pouch and if anyone happens to talk to Bob anytime soon, tell him I said thanks so much for creating such a great tool holder. :-)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:06:19 AM by mashguy4077 »

us Offline Adam5

Reply #26 on: July 08, 2021, 02:40:44 AM
All of this stuff (except for the MT) use to be carried in my pockets until I found this thread and bought a Nite Ize Pock-its XL:

us Offline mashguy4077

Reply #27 on: January 12, 2023, 01:54:12 AM
I’m still using mine everyday. I’m really amazed how well it’s held up including the Velcro.

Best pouch I have ever used!

us Offline Adam5

Reply #28 on: January 12, 2023, 02:03:11 AM
After 1½ years of being used and abused, my Nite Ize Pock-its XL is holding up well  :tu:

us Offline algernonramone

Reply #29 on: September 20, 2023, 12:15:59 AM
I have a Pock-its XL I'm starting to use again, and it's stuffed to the gills. I might do a pic in a few days, but until then here's what I have in there:

Surge
Crunch
Bit kit
Extender
Ratcheting extender
MUT bit kit (the two long bits)
Surge File/Saw/t-shank jigsaw blades
Radioshack E4
Paladin spudger/hook
CC Titanium cleaning stick/mini pry bar
Titanium prybar/wrench from ebay
Lumintop FW3X (Nichia 4000K emitters, Nealsgadgets' exclusive)
Klein ring-handle ratchet
Klein 27-in-1 precision screwdriver
CRKT S.P.E.W. (velcroed/zip-tied to belt clip)

I also have a Loggerhead BitDr screwdriver on a Nite-Ize Hip Clip clipped to it, but that might not stay.

I tried to attach a cheap pair of Workpro electricians scissors (w/ plastic belt holder) on to it, but couldn't quite make it work.

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
May Goal: $300.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: $36.34
PayPal Fees: $1.66
Net Balance: $34.68
Below Goal: $265.32
Site Currency: USD
 12%