Multitool.org Forum
+-

Hello Lurker! Remove this ad and much more by logging in.

Bit Driver on Skeletool

Offline tomcrx

Bit Driver on Skeletool
on: October 08, 2007, 03:16:01 PM
I was just curious on everyone's opinion on the bit driver on the skeletool. It looks like you will have to open the tool and keep it open to use it. From an ergonomic standpoint do you like this and why?

Discuss

ca Offline Grant Lamontagne

• Head Turd Polisher
  • Administrator
  • Just Bananas
  • Optimum instrumentum est inter aures
Re: Bit Driver on Skeletool
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:31:36 PM
Hard to say without having a tool in hand really.  Some designs just look awkward until you actually have them in your hands and use them.

As examples I'd offer up the Wave/Charge series from Leatherman.  When I initially saw them I thought the blade offering from one corner of a rectangle would be be amazingly awkward.  In practice however, it's only slightly awkward, and something you can get used to rather quickly.

Also, the Evolution scales from Wenger also look amazingly awkward, but when you actually use them, the knife seems to become an extension of your hand, similar to some of the high end tacticals with multifaceted ergonomic grips and fancy materials.

Indeed, I will go on record as saying that the Skeletool does indeed look awkward, but if you've read many of my reviews, you know I am wrong an awful lot! :D

Def
Leave the dents as they are- let your belongings show their scars as proudly as you do yours.

us Offline NeitherExtreme

• No Life Club
  • Marsh-wiggle
Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 10:55:44 PM
I'll have to wait to say for sure, but... I'm guessing it will work out well :) I usuall use the drivers on my tools in the "stretch" posotition, and I'm hoping this works out pretty much the same.

us Offline J-sews

• Admin Team
  • Absolute Zombie Club
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 02:51:15 AM
I'm sitting right squarely in the center of the fence on this one.  :-\

On the one hand, it looks clumsy as hell to use the driver with the tool all opened up like that. But on the other hand (unlike NeitherExtreme) I've never really tried to use any of my other multitools in this position.

Guess I ought to give it a try.
In order to be certain of having the right tool for every job.........one must first acquire a lot of tools

Donations

Operational Funds

Help us keep the Unworkable working!
Donate with PayPal!
April Goal: $300.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: $152.99
PayPal Fees: $8.68
Net Balance: $144.31
Below Goal: $155.69
Site Currency: USD
48%